• gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, just no! :eek:
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    The whole honours system is a joke , some actors who appear in a few films get an award, same for sportsmen and business people and the usual bunch of time serving politicians are always included. As for the "charity work , really good of them to chuck a few crumbs to the peasants, probably for the tax relief they get back. Plus we better add some normal people to the list , so some milkman who has being doing his job for 40 years is added to the list with a few others.

I take it you didn't get on the list, then :p
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I take it you didn't get on the list, then :p

No, sadly not , gutted ;)
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Brucie be Knighted too this year? If not it's an absolute disgrace.

If he did get knighted this year it would be breaking the rules of the honours system, seeing as he got a CBE a while ago. You have to have five years between gongs, apparently.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I think he's unfair to some of the genuinely talented on the X-Factor that he lets go early on, he does seem to be a damn good fella when it comes to causes that could do better with his donations. If there's one thing that Simon isn't, it's greedy. I only wish there were more like him in the celebrity world when it came to this. Yes, it MIGHT be for publicity, but who cares? The main thing is he's actually giving and he's not "posing for pictures" to make sure that he's in the papers ..... with the person he's donated the money to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    To be fair to the guy, he might actually be doing some egotists who think they've got talent and're going to be the next Bruce Forsythe/Jimmy Saville (but they're not) a favour by rejecting them and doing them a favour.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    Heard on the radio that our Simon is in line for a knighthood in the New Year ..... for his services to charity , I had no idea he was so involved in charity work but I can quite imagine him being passionate about helping the needy , thinking about it .
    I think your thread and this have a lot in common.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1416832

Perhaps they need merging.