Egg thrower woman on BGT!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Cupid stunt.

Edit - Ninja'd !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Could she be charged with battery?lol.Do the ochestra take their cases on with them?Am I delusional and that she actually walked on stage behind the singers?Did no one notice she was carrying something and it was only after she threw egg at Simon(good shot) that she got carried away.I wonder how many eggs she did through.The singers carried on hmmm all smells bullshin to me.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was hilarious. Some people in the BGT forum are saying she should be charged with assault, I think she should get a pat on the back.

I saw one YouTube comment saying she should hang herself.:eek: I thought Jesus, it's not like she shot him with a gun.

It was definitely hilarious. Planned or not, it's about time someone did that to him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    When there's a publicity stunt at a live sporting event, like a streaker, they cut away and don't broadcast it. Surely they would have similar procedures in place for live TV shows?
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Cant see it being a stunt , some people just over think everything, not everything is a conspiracy
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell is a genius. Controversy creates cash - Eric Bishoff.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When there's a publicity stunt at a live sporting event, like a streaker, they cut away and don't broadcast it. Surely they would have similar procedures in place for live TV shows?

They sort of did - they cut to one of the cameras placed further away. I suppose you have to consider that they only had a certain number of cameras and that they were all likely pointed towards the stage.

At sporting events, there are dozens, so much more of a chance to cut to a random crowd shot.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herejohno wrote: »
    Could she be charged with battery?lol.Do the ochestra take their cases on with them?Am I delusional and that she actually walked on stage behind the singers?Did no one notice she was carrying something and it was only after she threw egg at Simon(good shot) that she got carried away.I wonder how many eggs she did through.The singers carried on hmmm all smells bullshin to me.....

No way she would have had her case with her. They arent going to litter up the stage. Even going on stage there would have been crew with them bringing them on.

Saying that though her group had been quite critical of BGT in blogs over the last year so im less inclined to think it was a stunt
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Cowell is a genius. Controversy creates cash - Eric Bishoff.

Exactly.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope she does an interview on This Morning this week :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I must be one of the minority, then. I wanted to slap her stupid, smug face. Not because she egged Simon Cowell...it was when she chose to do it. It wasn't fair on the two guys who were performing and I can well believe it was sour grapes from last year. Just someone wanting to make a bit of a name for herself and get a bit of attention. It was pathetic. I don't think she should be charged with assault or anything but nor do I think she should be allowed to do the media circuit in order to get the attention she clearly desperately craves. If she was any good with her viola or, she wouldn't need to pull stunts like this.

I'm in the minority with you. I can't see anything even vaguely amusing about it let alone 'hilarious'. I think it's pathetic, immature and desperate
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    I stand by my stunt claim. I've been in the audience for a couple of shows. You can't just waltz onto the stage. How many eggs did she get off before security came? 3? 4? Total utter stunt.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Simon took it really well I thought
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    I stand by my stunt claim. I've been in the audience for a couple of shows. You can't just waltz onto the stage. How many eggs did she get off before security came? 3? 4? Total utter stunt.

Well, she was sitting right behind the singers!

(although violas aren't huge, they wouldn't really conceal a box of eggs)
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she supposedly in the orchestra or just in the audience????
    If she was in the orchestra that was convenient wasn't it? ;)
    If she was in the audience how did she get backstage?:rolleyes:
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A workmate is a friend of Natalie's.

He hasn't been able to get in touch this morning (her phone is off, for some reason), but he knows her and doesn't think that she would get involved in a set-up - particularly for Cowell.

He thinks she may have been 'refreshed' though... ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

She was already on stage ..

Why not, for comparison, get someone to stand about 10 yards away from you and start throwing eggs at the wall. Make sure they don't tell you when they're going to start and make sure they throw them as quickly as possible. See how many they can get off before you get to them ...
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it really isn't. She most likely had a backstage pass as a member of the orchestra, so she would have already been assumed to be 'trustworthy'.

She also likely have been seen at rehearsals all week without incident as well, so i'd say it's more than plausible that security wouldn't have given her a second look on the day.

I just wish one of the two of them singing had reached across and grabbed an egg out of the box and mashed it on her head. Now that would have been funny ..

Yeah, yeah :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A workmate is a friend of Natalie's.

He hasn't been able to get in touch this morning (her phone is off, for some reason), but he knows her and doesn't think that she would get involved in a set-up - particularly for Cowell.

He thinks she may have been 'refreshed' though... ;-)

Keep us updated! :D

I don't think it's a stunt though, for what it's worth.
  • Verity_FlowerVerity_Flower Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was staged.

From reading the parts of her bandmate's blog that are still viewable on the WayBack Machine, it looks as though Natalie's string quartet very grudgingly entered BGT as a last resort to promote themselves last year, and then wrote up a very detailed scathing review of the experience which was probably removed, subject to a legal challenge.

From http://web.archive.org/web/20120417113252/http://www.strungout.me/
    So some regular readers of StrungOut and faithful twitter followers will have noticed that my last two posts are no longer available for public consumption. There is a reason for this, but boringly, I’m not at liberty to tell you what that is right now.

The blogger, herself outspoken, referred Natalie as "what you’d call a genuinely creative person, who is full of ideas. About 1 in 4 of these ideas are brilliant, the other 3 are a bit mental, by her own admission."

I'm guessing that Natalie, feeling miserable to be once again a "mere" (in her eyes) backing singer, planned the stunt to work some sort of revenge on Cowell. And BGT would rather turn it into positive publicity for themselves than allow Natalie to have a further 15 minutes of fame telling her side of the tale.

The decision not to press charges will no doubt be contingent on future silence from silly Natalie....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah :cool:

So you think a member of the orchestra would just randomly turn up on the day of the show and know exactly what to play and what all of her various cues were?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't this to do with Cowell's got talent and doesn't that shite have it's own forum?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Natalie Holt will answer all these questions on This Morning one day next week (I have to say, I am looking forward to "her side" of the story :D).

As she was part of the orchestra, she could have well "hid" the box of eggs in the viola case, by which point as they all walked out, she wouldn't have given a stuff what the others alongside thought as she was charging to the front :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High as a kite ;)
  • annelieseanneliese Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Natalie - a BAFTA-nominated composer who appeared in the closing ceremony of last summer's Olympics - was performing as a backing musician for the duo, and has subsequently apologised for her actions.'

well she's completely ruined her reputation now