Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    state of Miami

Florida.

Miami's just the largest city; not even the state capital.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    Florida.

Miami's just the largest city; not even the state capital.

Damn, you're right! That's the second time I've called Florida the state of Miami recently. I must be losing my marbles!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Damn, you're right! That's the second time I've called Florida the state of Miami recently. I must be losing my marbles!

It's okay. I hate to be one of those guys but thought I'd just point it out, before anyone try's to debunk your comment with a "you don't even know what you're talking about" reply.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    life is not black and white so i dont mind shades of grey in my tv shows.

i mean angelus from buffy is the best tv charactever imo, that guy was complex!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay. I hate to be one of those guys but thought I'd just point it out, before anyone try's to debunk your comment with a "you don't even know what you're talking about" reply.

No problem. If I'm wrong, I prefer to be corrected. Hopefully I'll stop making that stupid mistake (one I really should know better than to make in the first place!)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Aren't some of the biggest dramas of the past decade fronted by unsavoury characters?

Dexter
    Soprano
    Not seen Breaking Bad but isn't he a meth maker/dealer?
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    life is not black and white so i dont mind shades of grey in my tv shows.

i mean angelus from buffy is the best tv charactever imo, that guy was complex!

I can live with shades of grey, it's when they keep verging into black and we're supposed to be treating them as one of the heroes of the story that make me a little ambivalent. As long as Ward stays firmly in the villain category from now on, I'll be happy :D

As for Angelus, I saw him as an evil Demon inhabiting Angel. I wouldn't say he was ever the protagonist so I never had a problem with him :)
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. renewed for a second season, and Agent Peggy Carter gets her own series.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. renewed for a second season, and Agent Peggy Carter gets her own series.

I wonder if Ward will be involved or whether he will be killed off by the end of season, given this fairly late renewal. I know the actor was not happy in the way the direction of his character has gone.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Ward will be involved or whether he will be killed off by the end of season, given this fairly late renewal. I know the actor was not happy in the way the direction of his character has gone.

Brett Dalton seemed quite happy with the change from the interview clip I saw a few weeks ago.

Great news on the renewal and Agent Carter pick-up. I guess we'll see more SHIELD v HYDRA in the build up to the new Marvel films :)
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    As for Angelus, I saw him as an evil Demon inhabiting Angel. I wouldn't say he was ever the protagonist so I never had a problem with him :)

Other way round - He was an evil demon inhabited by a human soul (probably not the appropriate thread to discuss though). During his 3 seasons on Buffy he was as much a protagonist as Ward is on AoS, if not more so...until he got his on show of course.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yay s2 confirmed!

not bothered about agent carter personally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And don't get me started about Dexter. I've not watched it but the whole premise just put me off from the start. Serial killer does not equal any kind of protagonist I want to get behind >:(

You should watch the fisrt season as it is an amazing piece of TV based on a book about someone who really doesn't want to be a serial killer deep down but his inner self drives him to have to kill...but he has a definite code about who he kills.

I was of the same view as you but when watching it the portrayal of Dexter and his inner monologue and also why he is like he is (because *no spoilers* there is a specfic reason) is fascinating.

It really is a show worth watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can live with shades of grey, it's when they keep verging into black and we're supposed to be treating them as one of the heroes of the story that make me a little ambivalent.

But that is what shades of grey is all about: gouing from good to bad - driven by ones needs and weaknesses...some people will dive into the blackness of their soul at times whetehr they want to or not - it is one of the weaknesses of being human that not everyone can hold back going into the dark places...most people succeed but some people do not and it doesn't take much to flick the switch especially when we know Ward's childhood issues.

And who has siad we are supposed to treat them as heroes? The show hasn't they are there doing a job for an organisation that has to do shadey things.

The best drama is when expectations are spun on their heads and you have to re-evaluate a character...the writers aren't going to not do what they want just because it might be too much trouble for a viewer to have to reassess their relationship with a character.
  • Options
    hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I did start watching Marvel's Agents of SHEILD when I came onto CH4, what with one thing or another I'd stopped watching it and deleted the Series Link on Sky.

Now I want to get back into it now that Ive read online there will be a second season.

My questions r:

1. Is Season One still running?
    2. How can I go about watching Season One from the start, Netflix etc if its available?

Thanks

Baz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My questions r:

1. Is Season One still running?
    2. How can I go about watching Season One from the start, Netflix etc if its available?

1. Yes it's now on episode 18 and that is available to watch for 7 more hours on 4oD; episode 19 is out tonight;
    2. It's possible to buy the old episodes via services like Google Play and iTunes; Channel 4 may re-run the season, they did re-run the first half of the season in the lead up to starting the 2nd half of the season.
  • Options
    hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    1. Yes it's now on episode 18 and that is available to watch for 7 more hours on 4oD; episode 19 is out tonight;
    2. It's possible to buy the old episodes via services like Google Play and iTunes; Channel 4 may re-run the season, they did re-run the first half of the season in the lead up to starting the 2nd half of the season.

Hi

How many episodes r left before it finishes?

I might hold out until the Box Set is available.

Baz
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

How many episodes r left before it finishes?

I might hold out until the Box Set is available.

Baz

The season is 22 episodes long.
  • Options
    hasimirrossihasimirrossi Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    There's one episode left to air in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Channel 4 may re-run the season

Depends if they stick with it and bid for season 2. If the viewing figures haven't been what they'd hoped for, they might not bother with season 2 and then they don't have any reason to repeat season 1.
    I can't see them just replaying one season of a show just purely to get their money's worth if season 2 goes to another channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if they stick with it and bid for season 2. If the viewing figures haven't been what they'd hoped for, they might not bother with season 2 and then they don't have any reason to repeat season 1.

True enough. We don't know whether the big deal made for the series included more than 1 season. If not then I expect season 2 will be cheaper given the drop off in performance of the show even at home.
  • Options
    scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Ah Simmons. You became my favourite character with that wonderful answer last night.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scardis wrote: »
    Ah Simmons. You became my favourite character with that wonderful answer last night.
    Yeah, her response to the box question was as adorable as Fitz's was telling.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they managed to redeem faith in buffy and she was just as bad wasn't she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    they managed to redeem faith in buffy and she was just as bad wasn't she?

Its been quite a while since I watched Buffy or Angel, but I don't remember Faith committing quite so many cold blooded murders as Ward has. But even at her darkest, I think Faith always had a hint of "been driven to this/kinda hates herself," and a generally destructive personality.

Ward, on the other hand, is so controlled he managed to blag his way through the world's greatest lie detector test. He's lied to everyone. He was about to shoot May in the back. In fact, he keeps killing people by snaking up on them and killing them like a proper, cold assassin. We now know he shot the disabled man knowing full-well he wasn't the clairvoyant. He shot Agent Hand whilst she stood there unarmed. He shot two agents in the head both on the plane and again at the Fridge. He just garrotted another agent and dumped his body in a cupboard.

I think its possible Ward could possibly switch sides over his feelings for Skye. If Garrett were to threaten her life again, I think he might put a bullet in him. But the only way I can se Ward having any sort of acceptable redemption is if he were to die for her. He's been far too evil now to get a free pass.