New Spitting Image spin-off show!

Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure this can possibly match up to the original, but might be fun!

Due "in the Spring."

"Newzoids, will blend traditional puppetry with state-of-the-art animation".

More here :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11404695/New-Spitting-Image-spin-off-to-include-Nigel-Farage-Boris-Johnson-and-Russell-Brand.html

Comments

• TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Spitting image.
    This new show sounds good but from those shown, the likenesses are not great,apart from Andy Murray
    The original was cruelly funny and realistic
  • AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    France has a show like Spitting Image that a posted before.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    The puppets remind me of the puppets on Crapston Villas.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Adamsk wrote: »
    France has a show like Spitting Image that a posted before.

They sold the format to a few countries, I think Hungary still has a version of it.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just think all these years later and the original Spitting Image puppets (and probably impressions) are better than anything else others have come up with.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll certainly give this a watch, I used to love Spitting Image, own the lot on DVD.

I also used to enjoy the likes of 2DTV and Headcases. I guess I like satire!
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love my weekly dose of Spitting Image, rightfully mocking Politicians, Celebrities, The Royal Family. Hopefully this spin off show will do the same, and mock the likes of the royals, Cameron, IBS, Katie Price, Katie Hopkins etc etc. :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just seen a clip of this. I know it was only a short clip but it wasn't very impressive.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link, very interesting
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A heads up -

Newzoids (1 of 6) starts on Wednesday 15th April on ITV from 9.00 to 9.30 pm :)

More here:
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact there appears to be a puppet of Kym Kardashian put me right off. I bet they'll have too many celebs. The great thing about Spitting Image was it didn't really concentrate on celebs. Although I remember the Cher plastic surgery song well! :D
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Just seems to be promoting other ITV shows as usual.

Spitting Image used Robin Day, John Cole, Paxman - all BBC,
    as well as Alistair Burnett (ITN) Melvyn Bragg etc
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    The article's a bit misleading calling it a Spitting Image "spin-off" - beyond one producing name common to the two it doesn't appear to have any connection with the original show, any more than the similar 2DTV and Headcases...
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    The article's a bit misleading calling it a Spitting Image "spin-off" - beyond one producing name common to the two it doesn't appear to have any connection with the original show, any more than the similar 2DTV and Headcases...

How can you have a "spin off" of a show that ended nearly 20 years ago.
    It shows the attitude of ITV today, that a proposed new series was cancelled after ITV had Ant & Dec puppets made against the wishes of the show's creator

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a39486/ant-and-dec-stunt-ends-spitting-image-return.html#~p8OMDo4OtXoNqe
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    The fact there appears to be a puppet of Kym Kardashian put me right off. I bet they'll have too many celebs. The great thing about Spitting Image was it didn't really concentrate on celebs. Although I remember the Cher plastic surgery song well! :D

Phil Collins, Barbra Streisand I remember