Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Agree about the hey! hey! hey! in the Asda ad.

Also can't stand that Trivago hotel ad where the hipster's carrying his big lump of a girlfriend to the room. Let her walk herself FGS, she's twice the length of you!

Solid gold easy action is a brilliant song!!!!

I think the Trivago lady cant walk , he carries her, then leans her against him in the bathroom, but she still manages to fall over, bless her ;)
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Solid gold easy action is a brilliant song!!!!

I think the Trivago lady cant walk , he carries her, then leans her against him in the bathroom, but she still manages to fall over, bless her ;)

Sounds like a classic drinking problem.
    Can Trivago book you into a priory because that's where she needs to be.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    I hate all those McShitties adverts with the furry things appearing from biscuit packets. Why would you want to eat biscuits when a flea ridden furry animal has just appeared from the packet? I don't see the point of them, and they all have strange music. Awful.
    owen10 wrote: »
    The cat that is pleased with himself because his phone has been paid off

I like all of these :blush:
  • Options
    DejavuDejavu Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    That horrendous Moneysupermarket advert with Sharon Osbourne and that man with the fake booty-shaking ass:(

I have to turn over when that comes on!! >:(
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah in advert land men aren't allowed to eat yoghurts and can't shop at Boots. Probably for the best as every Boots store smells like a tarts boudoir!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STILL the hideous bloody Haribo adverts where they feel the need to dub awful childrens voices onto adults

just stop!

now!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    The ad for Black and Green chocolate with pompous pillicks talking. Why :confused:
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    God sake will they please get that idiotic arrogant b*****d off the tv. No she doesnt mean you T**T! I dont care if you are pointing to a ring on your finger she meant the guy next to you! GRRRR
  • Options
    mrsbadcrumble66mrsbadcrumble66 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Is there a 'Best Advert thread? I would put this on it...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDO4qQOUvOE
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought I'd see it again. Just caught that Aldi advert with that horrible rendition of My Favourite Things.

Argh. I didn't expect to come back after Easter. I thought we were done with this. :(
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The yoghurt ad where the woman yelps '99 calories???!!!' and then rhe bloke falls off his exercise ball. If she was that body concious, she wouldn't be eating the bloody stuff in the first place. Gordon Bennet!
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M&M adverts all of them and the Barclays advert still
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    The yoghurt ad where the woman yelps '99 calories???!!!' and then rhe bloke falls off his exercise ball. If she was that body concious, she wouldn't be eating the bloody stuff in the first place. Gordon Bennet!

Sexist advert.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see it again. Just caught that Aldi advert with that horrible rendition of My Favourite Things.

Argh. I didn't expect to come back after Easter. I thought we were done with this. :(

What is it with that song?! I mentioned it here before, but seriously, it must have been used on over a dozen adverts in some form, and they've all been horrible!
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    What is it with that song?! I mentioned it here before, but seriously, it must have been used on over a dozen adverts in some form, and they've all been horrible!

There was one where they made a car out of cakes and used the Julie Andrews version. I didn't mind that one, but the Aldi ones are irritating.
  • Options
    BeecosyBeecosy Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Premiere Inn - the snoring amongst other things.... :(
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The coke advert with the ‘happiness’ rap? Question because I’m not sure what the hell that is. So bad it’s hilarious.

Then the prngles advert with the two women eating them all while he's making the dip.

If anything, I think it goes against them, I mean I don't need to be reminded how scarily addictive pringles are on their advert, a good reason to avoid them maybe? :p
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Beecosy wrote: »
    Premiere Inn - the snoring amongst other things.... :(

Always think there's something odd about ads with people sleeping outside
    bedrooms...
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Cortina advert, how on earth is a mobile phone supposed to know when that girl will be seeing James again? Unless they don't show the phone setting a time for the reminder to be given?
  • Options
    Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    That Cortina advert, how on earth is a mobile phone supposed to know when that girl will be seeing James again? Unless they don't show the phone setting a time for the reminder to be given?

I despise these adverts! This new one isn't as bad as the Clean Bandits one though! I assume it reminds her if he calls? But I don't know how that'd work. It'd be very annoying to answer the phone to then hear a buzz interrupting the conversation to remind you to tell him, whatever... Does anyone with a Nokia phone ever even use these features?? I never use Siri for anything he's useless!

There's an annoying ad for acuweather where they say they deal with 10 billion data requests a day! I understand there's tons of TV networks, websites etc that will request the weather often during a day, but that's more than everybody on Earth requesting the weather each day. Really??
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cortana versus Cortina? One drives you insane and the other...? A simple typo but potential for silly remarks :)
    Danno2020 wrote: »
    ... There's an annoying ad for acuweather where they say they deal with 10 billion data requests a day! I understand there's tons of TV networks, websites etc that will request the weather often during a day, but that's more than everybody on Earth requesting the weather each day. Really??
    I think what they are doing is counting every single time their system gets a query so if each installed app or desktop thingy does a weather update request every 5 or 10 minutes that adds up to quite a lot.
    And if it's an app with a clock on it that might put it up to one request per minute, and there's the likelihood that a single weather update request for Bognor will actually constitute several individual 'data requests'. Use whatever figure sounds most impressive! It's not actually a lie as such, it just doesn't mean what most people with understand it to mean...
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest ad for Nivea firming cream. Not the ad itself, but the hypocrisy it exposes from a certain demographic and the tabloid media. How is this ad, that promotes the idea that women should be getting their legs, bums and tums 'beach ready', any different from that big yellow billboard ad that promotes the same idea and got so much criticism?

AFAICS, the only difference is that the latter product is a new kid on the block flogged by - gasp ! men !! :o - whereas Nivea is a timeless, cuddly company with a good, family friendly reputation, with no corporate face for the easily offended to aim their vitriol at. Both ads/ products are putting out the exact same message though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The qatar airways one with the Barcelona players supposedly flying all around the earth to go to stereotyped versions of countries we know.
    From fighting ninjas in Japan to the wild west in America or miming in France.

What is the advert selling? The airways, well in that case if I go to Japan I won't be fighting ninjas and won't suddenly have the abilities to do so.
    Are the advertising Barcelona fc?
    It can't be advertising their acting abilities I know this much and like a lot of football fans in this country I'm sick if the Barcelona hype machine.
    Don't need to see their mugs anymore than I already do.
    Only reason to watch it isn't too watch it but to listen to the beach boys.

With the mess of the upcoming qatar based world cup if this is part of their charm offensive I suggest they drop this advert and start again
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    The cat that is pleased with himself because his phone has been paid off
    I like that one. The way he says 'Gentlemen' cracks me up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it back what I said about the beach boys song.
    Can't get it out of my bloody head now
This discussion has been closed.