N Dubz and their "hate" for Reality TV Acts

SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
Forum Member
Wow I've been watching a few N-Dubz interviews lately.. and just saw an article on here about how reality tv acts simply have to "queue up" & then they become overnight successes

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a213591/n-dubz-we-had-to-work-for-our-fame.html

At first I thought it may be the press stirring things until I saw these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqSije7BOv0
At the end.. they talk about how they have outsold an X Factor girl (Leona or Alexandra?) & if N-Dubz went on x factor to perform.. they would also be number 1

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDRrBWivfU
Dappy talking about JLS at 5:50

What do you think about it ?

Comments

• gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they want to be careful. Their on tour with a guy managed by Leona's other half ;) Wouldn't wanna get on the wrong side of him.
    I also think his brother is one of NDubz back up dancers.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've outsold an X Factor Girl? I'm intrigued.

But...

they're talentless morons. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Dappy is a scumbag.
    In case everyone has forgotten this is what he did to a Radio 1 listener.
    I hope they never allow him to promo on Radio 1 again

N-Dubz idiot Dappy has been forced to apologise after sending death threats to a woman who criticised him on Chris Moyles' radio show.

22-year-old Chloe Moody texted the Radio 1 breakfast show to poke fun at guests N-Dubz, branding them “losers” and Dappy as a “vile little boy with a hat.”

Making full use of his two brain cells, Dappy took down her number from the production team's text console and the next day tried to phone Moody to confront her.

When she didn't reply, he decided to text a death threat.

According to The Sun, he wrote: “"Your gonna die, U sent a very bad msg towards N Dubz on The Chris Moyels show yesterday Morning and for that reason u will never be left alone!! If u say sorry I will leave u alone u ****."

After more unanswered phone calls, Dappy continued the abuse, writing: "Pick up the phone then u f******* Chicken".

Another insult read: "u dum f****** ******** u can call me names over the radio but when I call u direct u chicken out u punk!nana f****** niiiii, Dappy."

When confronted by The Sun about the texts, Dappy quickly apologised.

"I totally apologise to Chloe. I sent the messages to her in the heat of the moment when I was angry, but that is no excuse," he said.

The singer – real name Dino Contostavlos - also issued an apology to Radio 1 and promised to make a donation to a charity of Chloe's choice.

Radio 1 have promised to change their ways too, saying: "He must have taken the number down from the production team's text console in the studio. We were unaware of this but will ensure it doesn't happen again."
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first i thought n-dubz were some sort of spoof band, that given the lack of talent and their..ahem.....style..that they were taking the p. Wish they had been on xfactor, i can imagine the judges in tears of laughter at the auditions:D
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NDubz are ****$. Simon should NEVER let them on the show.

They seem really bitter in that interview actually.

Anyway i'm not worrying. Leona has the most success in the world for a British artist and Alexandra and JLS are on their way there. NDubz can go and kill themselves for all i care - maybe not Fazer but Tulisa and Dappy are scum who dhould have been something that if i said Tulisa would insult me on Twitter and Dappy would threaten to "shank" me :rolleyes:
  • Tabasco66Tabasco66 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    CJmummy,

Not making a case for NDubz, who I find pretty mediocre, but Cowell wants to manage them, so maybe they wouldn't get that shorter shrift?

Also, not excusing Dappy's behaviour at all it was foul, BUT do you think maybe they're just another voice joining in a growing hostility to Simon Cowell and his talent shows?

Take out NDubz from the equation and you can't escape the fact that he's not liked, his acts are underperforming with a couple of notable exceptions, and the industry is turning on him from many quarters.

In fact, take out NDubz from this thread, there's a potentially interesting topic to discuss here.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tabasco66 wrote: »
    CJmummy,

Not making a case for NDubz, who I find pretty mediocre, but Cowell wants to manage them, so maybe they wouldn't get that shorter shrift?

That reeked of being a publicity stunt. It's worth noting that Cowell isn't a manager to start with. The tabloids were running "N Dubz Manager Furious At Cowell" stories. While they ran those stories, Jonathan Shalit (their manager) was in Barbados with the same crowd that Cowell spends his Christmases with every year.
    Also, not excusing Dappy's behaviour at all it was foul, BUT do you think maybe they're just another voice joining in a growing hostility to Simon Cowell and his talent shows?

Take out NDubz from the equation and you can't escape the fact that he's not liked, his acts are underperforming with a couple of notable exceptions, and the industry is turning on him from many quarters.

In fact, take out NDubz from this thread, there's a potentially interesting topic to discuss here.

Saying that the music industry is turning on Simon Cowell is like saying that the trade unions are turning on the Tory party. Cowell has never exactly been one of the "cool kids" of the music business.

For the likes of N Dubz, it's now worth their while to criticise the shows because while they might get a spot on Xtra Factor, they know they have no chance of being on the main show. The likes of Whitney Houston, Michael Buble, Robbie Williams and so forth will come on the show, be very polite about the contestants and the programme. Again, they do this because it's in their interests.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to N-Dubz, they probably would have been #1 if it weren't for The X Factor. The week their single was out:

#1 was BEP - Performed
    #2 was Leona - Performed/Wouldn't have existed without it
    #3 was JLS - Performed/Wouldn't have existed without it
    #4 was Cheryl - Performed/Arguably wouldn't have gone solo without it
    #5 was N-Dubz
  • Tabasco66Tabasco66 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    To be fair to N-Dubz, they probably would have been #1 if it weren't for The X Factor. The week their single was out:

spkx,

Although I agree in principle, I think you missed the point. The tone of this thread is NOT being fair to Ndubz or any non-X Factor related act.

In future before posting any counter-Cowell propaganda please submit material to the ombudsman committee where it will be reviewed and rejected.

The revolution will not be televised, unless it first pays a hefty advertising fee to Syco & Sony affiliates.

Thank you and goodnight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do sound fairly bitter, especially regarding JLS's success. In all honesty though, i can understand why the musical snobbery is directed at acts from the Xfactor. They do gain instant fame, where others have had to endure years of struggling for the same attention.

Saying that, when do acts like JLS and Leona Lewis get a break? They both clearly have talent by maintaining any instant success the XFactor initally provides them, and any act holding the way in which an XFactor alumni got their break against them, sound very petty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying that, when do acts like JLS and Leona Lewis get a break? They both clearly have talent by maintaining any instant success the XFactor initally provides them, and any act holding the way in which an XFactor alumni got their break against them, sound very petty.

Exactly, I'm not sure about JLS (did they form quite near the audition time?) But it's a pretty well known fact a lot of acts on the XFactor, American Idol, etc have recorded a heavy load of demos, but there has always been something stopping them from vitally getting a record deal (probably the wrong material).
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    Exactly, I'm not sure about JLS (did they form quite near the audition time?) But it's a pretty well known fact a lot of acts on the XFactor, American Idol, etc have recorded a heavy load of demos, but there has always been something stopping them from vitally getting a record deal (probably the wrong material).

They formed a year before they auditioned for X Factor, and won Best Unsigned Act at the Urban Music Awards in 2007.
    Obviously that showed them that they had the potential to be big and if they went on X Factor it would make them known to a wider audience - I don't see a problem with that or how it's any business of N-Dubz'.
    It just reeks of jealousy to be honest - they seemed quite friendly with JLS at the MOBOs and stuff, but as soon as they become far more popular and start outselling them; Dappy has an issue with them.
    What also annoys me is that the majority of it is just making assumptions - I read a quote from Dappy (on the JLS official forum, I think) saying "JLS don't know what it's like to sit in their bedroom writing songs." I'm not sure about Leona and Alexandra, but in JLS' case this is completely untrue; Oritsé was writing his own songs as a teenager, and JB had always planned to be a songwriter rather than a singer.
    Contrary to what they seem to think, N-Dubz aren't the only people who have had to work hard to get to where they are, and they aren't the only people who write their own music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well there you go! I think it's a common misconception that all the acts just 'randomly' decided to audition and have had no experience of being a singer in the past (not that it's like that for all of them, especially the younger ones!)

And to agree with you there Jade, Leona had tons of songs she had wrote, composed and recorded prior to the XFactor, I'm pretty sure it was the same with Alex too.
    The only problem with being signed to huge record labels is that your A&R team don't always think your own material will sell, that's why you see a lot of acts like Alex, Leona, JLS having to record songs written by other writers, or co-written. I mean it's not exactly a problem, it's good to have awesome songs, but it doesn't make them any less talented.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »

#1 was BEP - Performed
    #2 was Leona - Performed/Wouldn't have existed without it
    #3 was JLS - Performed/Wouldn't have existed without it
    #4 was Cheryl - Performed/Arguably wouldn't have gone solo without it
    #5 was N-Dubz

But I don't see why they should complain about it. Sales were pretty high that week and at the very least they got #5 ahead of Britney Spears (#7) and Sugababes (#8). I didn't see Jason Derulo or Jay Sean complain when their singles stalled at #3 behind X-Factor guests.