Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is dreadful and what the hell is 'shorties'

An attempt to sound street. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its supposed to be shawty and its only really meant to be refered to one person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I am greatful to JLS for saving us from ever hearing Justin Bieber's version of One Shot, even the thought of that induces my gag reflex...

Bieber was originally going to record One Shot?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    It's catchy :D
    hyperx wrote: »
    Bieber was originally going to record One Shot?

Yeah.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I love it! It's really catchy:D
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh my God that is even worse than the preview! :eek:

If they go to #1 with this, it's seriously not down to the quality of the song. *pukes*
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moses266 wrote: »
    I love it! It's really catchy:D

Finally! Someone who agrees with me :D Love this song and I think Aston is the best singer by far,not Oritse.....own opinion though :)
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    Hm, I don't like it much yet. Often songs I'm not sure of on first listen I end up loving though, so we'll see.

I was right, I love it now.
    Too much auto-tune though - I suppose it's alright for this song, but hopefully the rest of the album won't be the same.
    Stube wrote: »
    If they go to #1 with this, it's seriously not down to the quality of the song. *pukes*

Seeing as the quality of any song is completely subjective, it probably will be down to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    Seeing as the quality of any song is completely subjective, it probably will be down to that.

I really don't see how quality is subjective. Appeal is subjective but quality isn't.

I mean, honestly, what qualities does this song have?

The lyrics are atrocious, the vocals are too effected and computerised and, from the single/hit aspect,it's not that catchy. The only slightly catchy bit is the "i am the DJ, you can be my dancefloor" or whatever the line is! :D

I'd give it a 2/5.
  • Options
    Alexfan2010Alexfan2010 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jb is the best singer and they hardly use him
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to the full version, and I still don't like it :(
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    I really don't see how quality is subjective. QUOTE]

I guess its what you mean by quality...

Taste is subjective... I mean from your posts you seem to like the dreary same old crap that Leona pumps out - I dont thats a taste thing - is it a quality thing?

Personally, OK The Club is Alive aint music breaking stuff, but its catchy and is radio friendly and will do very well
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like it at all, especially the tinkered vocals side of it.

Having said that it will be a big hit. It's a brand new song and every one of their multitude of fans will buy it, they're Golden aren't they and can do no wrong, I believe that if they were to record their version of Nellie the Elephant it'd hit the top spot.

I'm going to be very interested to hear what the media has to say about it though.
  • Options
    Alexfan2010Alexfan2010 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    too much auto tune

should do well though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess its what you mean by quality...

Taste is subjective... I mean from your posts you seem to like the dreary same old crap that Leona pumps out - I dont thats a taste thing - is it a quality thing?

Personally, OK The Club is Alive aint music breaking stuff, but its catchy and is radio friendly and will do very well

A quality song isn't about whether it's radio friendly or catchy. They're most likely the qualities of a SINGLE.

And the quality isn't determined by whether it's uplifting or "dreary". :rolleyes:

It's obviusly about the lyrics, inspiration, interpretation, vocal performance, effects on the listener etc.

But, yes, taste is clearly subjective. And i guess it's how people define a "quality song". But from the most objective view i can give, it is not a quality song. Just awful.

And, btw, i do like them as a vocal group. Their music is just poor though.
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myoldmate wrote: »

I'm going to be very interested to hear what the media has to say about it though.

The media will give them a free pass. Gordon Smart (from The Sun's Bizarre column) clearly thinks it's rubbish, but wrote a pretty soft puff piece saying how it's got too much auto-tune for his liking, but that the JLS fans will eat it up and it's that kind of song that might do well in America.

I think some of the press don't want to look foolish, in case JLS do translate their British success to the States. Which may explain Popjustice's woefully OTT praise for the track (that even 95% of their readers disagree with). By the looks of things, Everybody In Love can pretty much be written off as a flop in America, as it's been on radio for months and is basically going nowhere. Maybe they think a song like this will help them crack America. It may be their last shot, as Everybody In Love got massive radio support in America. If their next song gets radio support and fails, it's back to the UK.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myoldmate wrote: »
    Don't like it at all, especially the tinkered vocals side of it.

Having said that it will be a big hit. It's a brand new song and every one of their multitude of fans will buy it, they're Golden aren't they and can do no wrong, I believe that if they were to record their version of Nellie the Elephant it'd hit the top spot.

:D:D Very true though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    You can't really say that an act is flopping the US so early. They're unknown there, tbf. It's going to take a few more months to judge that. Apparently they're doing well on radio.

As for this song, obviously its not their best work (IMO) but its not as disastrous as people are making it out to be. It has a great hook and its certainly different to what they've done before, in terms of speed etc.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't keen on the first listen. I like it more on a second listen, so maybe it will grow on people:confused: It will probably do well on the radio and the dance floor. I do agree it's over digitised though:o
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A quality song isn't about whether it's radio friendly or catchy. They're most likely the qualities of a SINGLE.

And the quality isn't determined by whether it's uplifting or "dreary". :rolleyes:

It's obviusly about the lyrics, inspiration, interpretation, vocal performance, effects on the listener etc.

But, yes, taste is clearly subjective. And i guess it's how people define a "quality song". But from the most objective view i can give, it is not a quality song. Just awful.

And, btw, i do like them as a vocal group. Their music is just poor though.

Quality is still subjective though - what effects you and what you find inspiring as a listerner is completely different to the next person. Being a Leona fan as you are i'm guessing you think most if not all of her material is quality but to non Leona fans its not in the slightest.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like it after hearing it again. Wasn't sure upon the first hearing on Chris Moyle's show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the first ten seconds but I find it a bit corny. It will do well though because its JLS.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too much auto tune

Not enough, they really need it !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it although not many people seem to. I've had it stuck in my head all day though, so I've got a feeling it'll get annoying very soon.