The Ratings Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    ITV (exc +1)
    06:00 – CITV (r): 88k (2.1%)
    09:25 – ITV News: 361k (4.0%)
    09:30 – The Jeremy Kyle Show USA: 347k (3.7%)
    10:25 – The Jeremy Kyle Show USA: 508k (5.0%)
    11:20 – Saturday Cookbook (r): 462k (4.4%)
    12:20 – ITV News: 767k (7.0%)
    12:35 – Murder, She Wrote (r): 778k (6.7%)
    13:35 – My Tasty Travels with Lynda Bellingham (r): 581k (4.6%)
    14:35 – Dinner Date (r): 739k (5.5%)
    15:35 – River Monsters (r): 681k (4.6%)
    16:10 – FILM: Garfield: 1.21m (6.8%)
    17:35 – Regional News: 2.70m (13.1%)
    17:45 – ITV News: 3.03m (14.4%)
    ... for primetime see here
    22:45 – ITV News: 1.92m (10.2%)
    23:05 – FILM: The Game: 550k (5.9%)
    25:20 – The Store (to 26:00): 95k (2.82%)
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all of these ratings Neil! :D It must take you ages!! :eek:
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how much to read into this, but Ian Royce, the warm up guy for BGT and X Factor (who has worked on both since they began) just tweeted this:
    You want to know what happened with @SimonCowell

@BGT in the autumn @ITV

Autumn for BGT...interesting.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    Not sure how much to read into this, but Ian Royce, the warm up guy for BGT and X Factor (who has worked on both since they began) just tweeted this:

Mistake surely? What about X Factor?
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thanks for all of these ratings Neil! :D It must take you ages!! :eek:

Cheers. I find it relaxing :o I'm skipping +1 and Channel 5 tonight though. :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IF Ian Royce hasn't mistyped...

The first live show of The X Factor USA (if it follows the previous two series) will be the last Wednesday in October; Simon will not have time to judge finals week from then. ITV will presumably want to air Britain's Got Talent as late as possible but Simon will probably want a week's break between the two shows (plus 22nd October is a Champions League date) so I reckon finals week will be 14th-19th October 2013. Take off 7 weeks for the usual seven audition shows means auditions will start 31st August - the same time as The X Factor usually starts.

The X Factor had nine weeks of audition/bootcamp/judges houses before the live shows start, which come to an end on 21st December 2013 if they started the shows the week after Britain's Got Talent finished. The live shows could then run after Christmas/New Year. Which means Simon could return to the panel.

As for filming for auditions; I presume they can film The X Factor UK auditions and The X Factor US auditions in the spring/summer as they're getting Britain's Got Talent out of the way now.

What it does mean is that The Voice and Doctor Who are going to get an easy run in the spring. And it will surely have repercussions for Dancing on Ice.
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The introduction of Marco Pierre White as a judge to Masterchef The Professionals managed to send Ten above 1m and become the top show in the demos last night, but looks way ddown on what you would expect from Masterchef, with just 1.17m viewers and beaten by both Seven and Nine news

In terms of primary channels Ten beat Nine last night, though lagely down to the cricket being rained off and a lot of waiting round, but even stormed the night with 893,000 for the evening tennis and 882,000 for the late session, which as was referenced earlier in this thread Novak for the second year running ended up playing a match over 5 hours long and finishing past 1am, meaning the 893/882 rating will have covered about 6 hours+ of screen time!

A repeat of Downton on 7Two attracted 239,000 in the same slot as a new episode of Upstairs Downstairs on the ABC, wwhich attracted 657,000

Nine news sandwiched in between the cricket attracted 1.5m, compared to Seven's 1.24m, but the news in Brisbane (by just 1k) and Perth as won by Seven

Home and Away returns tonight, now over 25 years old. Seven brings out the biig guns next week still 2 weeks before the ratings period begins with My Kitchen Rules back on Monday 28th, Rafters returning the follwoing day and Downton and Revenge being advertised as 'after the tennis' so quite likely 3rd and 4th February, which would give Seven three dramas on consequtive nghts capable of 1.3m+ possibly all above 1.5m with a MKR lead in. Nine seem to be playing repeats of TBBT up until the 4th February when they return The Block All Stars, still one week early. Which means all 3 networks will have stripped reality for the first few weeks of the year (though ten seem to be only playing masterchef 3 nights a week - with idol playing out on Thursdays and Fridays). An interesting battle lies ahead, Seven's trength in drama may be the only thing that sees it over the line
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 (exc +1)
    06:10 – The Hoobs (r): 8k (0.6%)
    06:35 – The Hoobs (r): 9k (0.5%)
    07:00 – 2012 Asian Beach Volleyball Championships: 16k (0.5%)
    08:00 – The Morning Line: 121.5k (2.3%)
    * curtailed from 1hr (Ascot cancelled)
    08:30 – Frasier (r): 114k (1.6%)
    09:00 – Everybody Loves Raymond (r): 208k (2.5%)
    09:30 – Everybody Loves Raymond (r): 261k (2.9%)
    10:00 – Frasier (r): 300k (3.1%)
    10:30 – Frasier (r): 302k (3.0%)
    11:00 – Undercover Boss Australia (r): 304k (2.9%)
    12:00 – The Big Bang Theory (r): 364k (3.4%)
    12:30 – The Big Bang Theory (r): 465k (4.2%)
    12:55 – The Simpsons (r): 471k (4.0%)
    13:30 – LIVE Racing: 398k (3.1%)
    * curtailed due to abandonment of Ascot (was due to finish at 16:10)
    15:40 – River Cottage Veg Heroes (r): 280k (1.9%)
    16:10 – Celebrity Come Dine With Me Ireland: 654k (4.1%)
    16:45 – Celebrity Come Dine With Me Ireland: 1.14m (6.3%)
    17:10 – Celebrity Come Dine With Me Ireland: 1.62m (7.6%)
    17:45 – Celebrity Come Dine With Me Ireland: 1.62m (7.6%)
    18:15 – Celebrity Come Dine With Me Ireland: 1.64m (7.2%)
    18:40 – Channel 4 News: 808k (3.5%)
    19:10 – 4thought.tv: 491k (2.1%)
    ... for primetime see here and here
    25:15 – FILM: Exit Through the Gift Shop (to 26:00): 107k (3.2%)

Night all. I won't have a working phone with me at work tomorrow so I'll miss all the 9.30am fun with DOI, CTM, Blandings and the rest. Catch you tomorrow night.

EDIT:
    Fudd wrote: »
    What it does mean is that The Voice and Doctor Who are going to get an easy run in the spring. And it will surely have repercussions for Dancing on Ice.

Intriguing. My nephew did a pre-audition for BGT and as far as I know hasn't heard back yet. I believe some actual auditions are happening soon in Cornwall (if they haven't already happened). Are we sure it's not for 2014?

If it is this year, you're right that it's great news for BBC One. Surely whatever the ITV replacements are will be blown out of the water? :D Then again, Q4 is more profitable than Q2 so I suppose it makes financial sense.

RE-EDIT: Great news for BBC One in the spring, I should have said! Not so good in the autumn: how are they going to work it around Strictly as well as TXF? Interesting times ahead (if true).
  • sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,474
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Its gruesome should be on Mondays. With miranda and mrs brown on sunday at 9. Schedulers are numpties at bbc

They've hardly treated Ripper Street badly. It's on the biggest rated night of the week and enjoyed shedloads of promotion. Sure, its got tough opposition, but that would be true of Mondays as well - not to mention a crumby Panorama lead-in. I don't think it would be doing substantially better.

Saturdays is an interesting idea, but also a big risk. I can't recall a non-family, non-soap drama on the BBC there since Jekyll (a similarly dark drama that flopped). It's easy to speculate on here, but there's a real chance Ripper Street could have gone the same way - and boy would we be jumping on the BSI scheduling numpties then! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Intriguing. My nephew did a pre-audition for BGT and as far as I know hasn't heard back yet. I believe some actual auditions are happening soon in Cornwall (if they haven't already happened). Are we sure it's not for 2014?

If it is this year, you're right that it's great news for BBC One. Surely whatever the ITV replacements are will be blown out of the water? :D Then again, Q4 is more profitable than Q2 so I suppose it makes financial sense.

The main auditions are taking place now for Britain's Got Talent:

16-17 January: Cardiff
    20-23 January: London
    28 January: Glasgow
    2-3 February: Manchester
    9-10 February: Birmingham

I would have thought your nephew would have heard back already unless they're offering him a spot at the Manchester or Birmingham auditions. :o

Of course the Britain's Got Talent audition dates don't mean a thing when it comes to scheduling - they could be getting it out of the way now so Simon has time to film The X Factor auditions/bootcamp/judges houses for both the US and UK before Britain's Got Talent final week.
    Forum Member
    Well you never know, he lives in Birmingham actually so we'll see. I was hoping he wouldn't get on, in a way, because they can be quite cruel on there, can't they (although less so on BGT, and less so for kids).

It's big news anyway (if confirmed) and could lead to some interesting clashes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you never know, he lives in Birmingham actually so we'll see. I was hoping he wouldn't get on, in a way, because they can be quite cruel on there, can't they (although less so on BGT, and less so for kids).

It's big news anyway (if confirmed) and could lead to some interesting clashes.

If he's young they won't be cruel to him. Britain's Got Talent is a lot more light-hearted than The X Factor. :)

Britain's Got Talent versus Strictly Come Dancing will be very interesting; for the most part Britain's Got Talent will be able to steer clear of Strictly because audition shows are shorter and Strictly needs to finish by around 8.15 so they can film the results show but the Britain's Got Talent final night will be a whole different kettle of fish as Talent is likely to have two shows.

The X Factor v Strictly is the same; because The X Factor will be audition shows/bootcamp/judges houses until Christmas they should be able to keep them scheduled apart...bar Strictly's final night as there tends to be two shows on the same evening again.

But two things intrigue me if this is true - firstly, what will ITV do with spring Saturday's considering they've lost their behemoth? I suppose Takeaway could be extended but that won't be able to hold the night up on it's own. Maybe they'll quickly commission Splash! for a second series? :D

Secondly, what will the BBC do with Britain's Got Talent finals week. Normally they just throw filler programming against it but will they do that again if that week is in October, considering the larger audience available?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I'm slightly confused about American Idol. It premiers on Five* on Thursday night but it's on Channel 5 on Friday night.

Does anyone know what channel has rights to it?

It would make more scene airing it on Channel 5 after CBB.

It could get over a million!

BIB - Channel 5 Broadcasting own both channels, and with them both being available on all platforms, it could go on any of their 3 channels.
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    I suspect they might hold it until Family Guy rights are back on the market. Although I could see Sky going for that with a big money offer. To be honest, I think C4 and C5 might even be tempted by those ratings.

Comedy Central and FOX probably outside bets. Their parent companies obviously have the pockets for it but would they be willing to spend enough?

I would love to see Family Guy - and American Dad for that matter - move to Channel 5.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »
    The introduction of Marco Pierre White as a judge to Masterchef The Professionals managed to send Ten above 1m and become the top show in the demos last night, but looks way ddown on what you would expect from Masterchef, with just 1.17m viewers and beaten by both Seven and Nine news
    Another country that doesn't want to watch Marco Pierre White then...?

I'm sceptical to say the least. It would mean huge loses for ITV during the first half of the year and I can't see how they'd offset them in the second half of the year. It would be an even bigger boon for The Voice and the BBC then people are thinking though. Not only would they presumably have no competition in Q2 but they'd also be able to spin a story that ITV were running scared and moving Talent away from The Voice. The whole things seems unlikely though but we'll see.

I suppose the other possibility at work here might be that SyCo want to delay the next series of The X Factor or push it into a much less competitive winter slot and are using an Autumn run of Talent to do that. Although again that seems unlikely. Or it could just be the live shows or that'll take place in the Autumn/September with the auditions airing over the summer. Although that has disaster written all over it...

If they are moving Talent though I'll say this. The scheduling of Splash and Dancing on Ice makes absolutely no sense.
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    They've got a Little Mix performance to fit in as well; they haven't had a live act before in the Results Show.

I wonder how much ITV are expecting for Family Fortunes and The Skate Off - around 5m?

The Saturdays performed Ego during a results show in January 2010, and Girls Aloud also did Untouchable in 2009.
    Forum Member
    Cheers. I find it relaxing :o I'm skipping +1 and Channel 5 tonight though. :D

Channel 5 was good tonight. You missed some great entertainment. It put the other channels to shame. And no, before you say it, I'm not being sarcastic.
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 was good tonight. You missed some great entertainment. It put the other channels to shame. And no, before you say it, I'm not being sarcastic.

And neither did I mean any slight to Channel 5 which I watch quite a lot. We did have a fair number of C5 ratings over the day and I was tired :)
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive snowfall finally hits the north.

But I doubt we'll get a BBC1 News Special....

Interesting re BGT. Suggests desperation on ITV's part if the only way to dent SCD is by moving BGT -which is bound to hurtBGT and TXF in the process.

It would also be massive overkill to have BGT and TXF airing on the same night.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Stab in the dark but I'm gonna guess that tweet was an innocent mistake. I mean how would that work? So TXF is being delayed? Simon's a confirmed judge but we already know he can't do a show in the Autumn because of his XF USA commitments, so that's already one thing stopping it from happening. BGT would also essentially need to fill as many hours as XF in the Autumn for ITV to move it and I don't think the format lends itself well to that kind of weekly schedule. The live shows work when stripped across the week. Plus it leaves a massive gap in ITV's Spring schedule with nothing to fill unless they rush out a second series of Splash! :rolleyes:
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggest snow fall yet for me, staying in.

I hope the BARB system is snow proof.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Stab in the dark but I'm gonna guess that tweet was an innocent mistake. I mean how would that work? So TXF is being delayed? Simon's a confirmed judge but we already know he can't do a show in the Autumn because of his XF USA commitments, so that's already one thing stopping it from happening. BGT would also essentially need to fill as many hours as XF in the Autumn for ITV to move it and I don't think the format lends itself well to that kind of weekly schedule. The live shows work when stripped across the week. Plus it leaves a massive gap in ITV's Spring schedule with nothing to fill unless they rush out a second series of Splash! :rolleyes:

This could go ether way. I think Strictly is strong enough to overcome these two shows in audition stages. The rest of the BBC One schedule will need to be strengthened.

BBC One need something really strong ether side of Strictly to be safe I would say. If true though ITV have just booked a spring BBC One white wash.

I think it would be a bad move. They can't can they?

Ken
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One
    18:30 - Blandings: 5.35m (20.7%)
    19:00 - Countryfile: 6.61m (24.8%)
    20:00 - Call the Midwife: 9.32m (32.3%)
    21:00 - Ripper Street: 5.64m (21.0%)

ITV
    18:15 - Dancing on Ice: 6.96m (26.6%)
    19:45 - All Star Family Fortunes: 5.07m (18.2%)
    20:30 - Dancing on Ice: 5.33m (18.2%)
    21:00 - Mr Selfridge: 5.45m (20.4%)
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9.32m for Call The Midwife.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    BBC One
    20:00 - Call the Midwife: 9.32m (32.3%)

ITV

updating

Not bad. That must be it's highest overnight surely?

Ken
This discussion has been closed.