[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
Forum Member
Anyone watching?

Comments

• Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me! Oddly enough I was reading about the owner of Approved Food who is now a millionaire despite Dragons Den turning him down with his idea for selling food items which are beyond their BBF date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you see the woman with cupboards full of pot noodles, crisps and other dry goods? All that crap can't be good for you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Out of date foods and now plastic footwear. Bargain Britain!
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does she save so much with coupons??

I thought it was one per transaction in this country??
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's got 62 pizzas in the freezer! :o

Coupon wise it only seems to be for crap/fast food. I love a bit of 'fast food' but I wouldn't want it every day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you live on easy meals .... Like pizza and pot noodles then I guess you could save money. Personally nothing would induce me to buy either.
  • Options
    mrs schumachermrs schumacher Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I just said the very same thing, how had she saved money if she has a freezer full of pizzas - she isn't eating them and her poor husband could have had that beer he wanted!
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Approved Food's website has crashed! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She had lovely skin for someone who only buys freezer fulls of utter garbage. Something about her doesn't ring true.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm, everyone needs one of those pandas. If your trying to save money on your bills f___ the food, buy an 8ft stuffed toy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soran wrote: »
    And Approved Food's website has crashed! :D

Doesn't surprise me. Plenty of people who primarily eat junk can save a fortune!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how people can even go IN a Shoe Zone shop. the stink of cheap plastic as you walk past is enough to make you feel sick.
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    cribside wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me. Plenty of people who primarily eat junk can save a fortune!

All the more money to spend on beer, cigs and Gregg's pasties! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I don't know how people can even go IN a Shoe Zone shop. the stink of cheap plastic as you walk past is enough to make you feel sick.

Too right! I love a bargain but I draw the line at plastic shoes.
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Was the 2nd part of this ever shown?
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kazi1976 wrote: »

No it was not.

They also dropped a programme earlier in the year called 'The Wonder Of Britain' That had a few episodes left to show, but it was dropped after 2 episodes were shown due to low ratings. So maybe this has gone the same way.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's being repeated at the moment and billed as a two parter.

Maybe we will get to see part 2 next week?

Can someone whose EPG goes that far ahead check if possible?

Thanks.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's being repeated at the moment and billed as a two parter.

Maybe we will get to see part 2 next week?

Can someone whose EPG goes that far ahead check if possible?

Thanks.

Its not scheduled for next Wed, acc to my EPG.
    Maybe part 2 was dropped after all?
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this last night:-

Show Zone - Been in it a few times but I think there stuff isn't very good either in looks or quality.

Motorpoint - No experience of them at all, one up here in Glasgow's East end - they seem to do alright.

Costco - Used to be a member but you have to factor in the cost of membership and petrol driving there and back (if it's a distance away). Still claim to be cheaper than the supermarkets but personally since the "discounters" and the supermarkets have started to get their pricing better I don't see the appeal of Costco anymore. Maybe useful for families buying in bulk, but the impression I got from the clip was the people might have saved on their general grocery shopping but they all seemed to be filling up their trollies with stuff that made me think - "do you really need or want that? Or are you buying it just because you think you've got a bargain?" - seemed to defeat the point of going there in the first place.

Coupon couple - Got the feeling the husband was thinking "sod this" but had to tow the line with his coupon crazy wife! 63 pizzas in a freezer is just plain daft! You wonder how much she has had to spend to get coupons in the first place and how much of the stuff she gets she really will use/need just because again it's a bargain/reduced.

Approved Food - Interesting business model, doing well. Ideal for families wanting to buy in bulk - useful if you can spot the products you are looking for cheaply rather than "oh I'll have that because it's cheap".
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    Just watched this. ITV list episode 2 on the website so doubt its been canned.