Gail - Corrie - ruining Michael Rodwell

Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gail being annoying again last night - who would ask a male neighbour that you are not close to if they could wear their kimono which would not fit you anyway? Its a personal item, she should have asked to borrow his pants as well - ridiculous.

I think Michael Rodwell would have been better paired with Eileen and have kept him as the chirpy character he was when he first came into the programme. Now he is with dreary village idiot talking in a stupid voice Gail, he is just being dragged down and is just another depressing wallowing in self pity character. >:(

Comments

• PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not agree with you
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely LOVE Michael and Gails relationship.
    I really hope that he's around for ae long time.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail and Michael are very boring! Les Denis is AWFUL! I'm not looking forward to his sins arrival either!
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Gail and Michael are very boring! Les Denis is AWFUL! I'm not looking forward to his sins arrival either!

His sin ??

I am lol :D
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They don't work for me, either:(
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Gail but Les Dennis as Michael isn't quite working for me. I don't know if it's that I can't shake off the fact that I know more about the actor than the character or whether I'm just not keen on the slightly simple burglar turned good act. I'm finding Michael rather pathetic and would like to see Gail with somebody a bit less of a wimp.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail being annoying again last night - who would ask a male neighbour that you are not close to if they could wear their kimono which would not fit you anyway? Its a personal item, she should have asked to borrow his pants as well - ridiculous.

I think Michael Rodwell would have been better paired with Eileen and have kept him as the chirpy character he was when he first came into the programme. Now he is with dreary village idiot talking in a stupid voice Gail, he is just being dragged down and is just another depressing wallowing in self pity character. >:(

I was cringing with embarrassment when she asked Ken for his dressing gown thing, how would she even know it was clean, would he even wear anything under it?:o
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail and Des make me laugh so much. Much better than characters like moaning michelle, fizdumb and that div Sean.:D
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the maria_robinson. I can't warm to Les Dennis at all in Corrie. He is dreadful.
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are easily pleased if you think Gail and Les is entertainment. I don't know maybe it's a "north thing". Mind you the rest in Coronation Street aren't any better.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I dont think corrie is ruining michael rodwell, i still dont see him as anything more than a speaking extra. Hes been in the show 5 minutes it seems so theres nothing to ruin!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Des and Gail (Ges, Dail?) are arguably soaps finest power-couple responsible for many of the defining moments of the genre over the last 20 years. Like that time when Gail went to visit Des in prison or when Max got stuck in the shed because Des and Kylie were arguing.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, poor Michael needs to be paired up with the sarky horrible Eileen, who will just smirk and probably talk to him like crap. She talked to her cowboy boyfriend badly and also Paul.

As silly as Gail is she is far nicer. Although I didn't watch last night so I don't know what happened.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    You guys are easily pleased if you think Gail and Les is entertainment. I don't know maybe it's a "north thing". Mind you the rest in Coronation Street aren't any better.

....nope not patronising at all! :kitty:
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I drift off when they are on my tv. The idea that Gail would fall for her burglar is beyond stupid. I find it hard to believe especially as he's suddenly become a stand up guy after being a burglar and whatever else he was. I don't like Gail much. Her face pulling and silly voice annoy me. I agree that asking to borrow Ken's kimono was silly and cringeworthy. As if.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member

[QUOTE=ayrshire lass;75409855]I was cringing with embarrassment when she asked Ken for his dressing gown thing, how would she even know it was clean, would he even wear anything under it?:o[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D

I couldn't believe my ears either. A dressing gown is far too personal a thing to ask to borrow, even if it is a kimono. Gail has become a village idiot type character now, perhaps she's supposed to be a bit whimsical and eccentric but I just find her irritating and daft quite a lot of the time.

I was enjoying Gail with Des until he got the news about his heart and got all maudlin. They get on my nerves now. :(
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy playing Les Dennis's son is too good looking to be his son. Gail and Michael simpering over each other is enough to bring my tea back up.

Gail borrowing the kimono was odd. Why couldn't she just buy one? I wouldn't go to a neighbour I barely speak to and ask to borrow a personal item of clothing which they've probably worn naked.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll happily lend Gail my mankini should it be necessary. The only question is - do I take it off first?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I'll happily lend Gail my mankini should it be necessary. The only question is - do I take it off first?

:o:D:D
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    The guy playing Les Dennis's son is too good looking to be his son. Gail and Michael simpering over each other is enough to bring my tea back up.

Gail borrowing the kimono was odd. Why couldn't she just buy one? I wouldn't go to a neighbour I barely speak to and ask to borrow a personal item of clothing which they've probably worn naked.

...nor me either but to make matters worse Ken seemed really chuffed that Gail had asked :o
  • CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting really embarrassing to read comments in support of Gail and Michael. A pairing like this would've been shot down in flames on DS not so much as a couple of years back! Both of them come across as utterly PATHETIC.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His sin ??

I am lol :D

:( you know what I mean;)
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I love Gail but Les Dennis as Michael isn't quite working for me. I don't know if it's that I can't shake off the fact that I know more about the actor than the character or whether I'm just not keen on the slightly simple burglar turned good act. I'm finding Michael rather pathetic and would like to see Gail with somebody a bit less of a wimp.

I like Gail but I don't like the silly childish voice of hers. It really annoys me.
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    It's getting really embarrassing to read comments in support of Gail and Michael. A pairing like this would've been shot down in flames on DS not so much as a couple of years back! Both of them come across as utterly PATHETIC.

Why? In what way does it harm you? :confused: I like them, so don't waste your energy being embarrassed for me. I think some people have had a sense of humour bypass. At least Des has better acting skills than some of the other 'actors' on there. Nice to see Gail happy for a change.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree their scenes are incredibly boring and Led Dennis isn't great at the moment. I'm certainly not looking forward
    to David and Kylie accusing Michael of cheating
    . That's going to make their relationship even more annoying. However I never have liked Michael so they couldn't have ruined his character for me.