Scott and Bailey: Series 4 thread

Comments

• valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=SULLA;75406348
    Is it true that detectives can no longer have a drink whilst on duty ?[/QUOTE]

Hasn't it always been the case that coppers are not allowed to drink on duty. However having said that, years ago my uncle kept a pub and at closing time a couple of coppers would call in to make sure everyone was leaving, then they would stay for a free pint themselves.:D
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the show would work without Gill, she added a needed dynamic to Scott & Bailey. Last night's episode felt like a goodbye one. Has there actually been confirmation of a new series?

It felt wrapped up to me.
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this series and I'm gutted it finished last night. The cast might all be Corrie but they are fantastic. Deserves an award for sure.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 2 episodes of the series were excellent, be sad if it really ain't coming back.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? I have met plenty of managers in my time for whom that particular cap would fit perfectly.
    I wouldn't have rated them either
    valkay wrote: »
    Hasn't it always been the case that coppers are not allowed to drink on duty. However having said that, years ago my uncle kept a pub and at closing time a couple of coppers would call in to make sure everyone was leaving, then they would stay for a free pint themselves.:D

Detectives would routinely visit pubs to cultivate informants.
  • ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the show would work without Gill, she added a needed dynamic to Scott & Bailey. Last night's episode felt like a goodbye one. Has there actually been confirmation of a new series?

It felt wrapped up to me.

I agree, Gill was a leading figure, in my opinion she made Scott & Bailey. Why did she decided to leave, considering she is the writer, or is it finished forever?
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I hope it continues. Putting a new DCI in could kick start a whole load of new storylines and dynamics.

The woman who arrived to oversee Gill could be then new DCI
    Wasn't the murderer evil, brilliant acting
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that was the final episode then at least it went out on a high.
    Much better to leave us wanting more.
    Hope it gets some awards.
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Suranne's gone very thin.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suranne's gone very thin.

That's just what the murderer said. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's more like it! Much better last night :)

Eddie Windass from Corrie was Sandy - didn't recognise him at first.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was in The Full Monty too.
  • osrickosrick Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Scotlass wrote: »
    I agree, Gill was a leading figure, in my opinion she made Scott & Bailey. Why did she decided to leave, considering she is the writer, or is it finished forever?

Well Amelia Bullmore did write a lot of the scripts for this series, including the one last night so I think it would have been easier to play Gill, having written her. She is really talented as an actress and a writer and I agree with the comments about Pippa Haywood. She is extremely underrated and has been terrific in S and B.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    osrick wrote: »
    Well Amelia Bullmore did write a lot of the scripts for this series, including the one last night so I think it would have been easier to play Gill, having written her. She is really talented as an actress and a writer and I agree with the comments about Pippa Haywood. She is extremely underrated and has been terrific in S and B.

I think the first thing I can remember her being in is that Doctor in Green Wing, she was great in that too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SuEmWH1qTY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her being in The Brittas Empire years ago too.

But yes, she was awesome in Green Wing.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember her being in The Brittas Empire years ago too.

But yes, she was awesome in Green Wing.

And Prisoners' Wives!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A watchable series, I'll watch the next if it happens.

I'll miss Gill.
    My wife and I copy her speech patterns and hand movements when we're winding each other up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll miss Gill.
    My wife and I copy her speech patterns and hand movements when we're winding each other up.

Haha that's awesome. They are quite distinctive :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I didn't think the finale was particularly good. Yet again a hurried ending. Yet again too soapy imho. Any new series would be very unbalanced without Gill. She balanced the mawkishness of the soap element and her speech style raised the series to a higher level imho.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoroughlly enjoyed the last show. I wish it would come back for a new series, but now Gill has retired it wouldnt be the same.

I didnt realise it was him! :blush:
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I love Scott and Bailey and the last two episodes were fantastic. It would be a huge shame if it doesn't come back next year, but as others have said, at least it's gone out on a high. I don't think the show would work without Gill, however, she could still be in the show as a kind of consultant/guide to S&B as they do go about their investigations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Bringing her back would present no plot issues whatsoever. They brought back Lewis after all just recently.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An enjoyable conclusion to the series with a gripping performance by Ellie Haddington, in particular. It did feel very final to me, with Gill leaving the force and Rachel and Janet contemplating their futures. It would be a real shame if it were to end but at least it went out on a high- Wednesday's ep scored 4.1m ib the overnight ratings.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll miss Gill.

Are those speech mannerisms Amelia Bullmore's, or does she just speak like that as Gill?
    At first, it really irritated me, but after a couple of episodes, I came to love the way she spoke
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelia Bullmore has made this series. She's also a damn good writer who gets her character and writes well, in general, for female characters.