Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    I have only watched four episodes of the first fat challenge and I can't stand Sam, I never watched the show the first time it came out..but seriously how did anyone ever feel sorry for Sam?
    I saw right through her fake tears straight away, she turns the tears on everytime someone is with them like the French food woman, the fitness people the dresser guy and Lorraine and they all think she is lovely and pat her back and make her feel all better, then she goes home and tears strips out of her own Mother..she even hits her she has a split personality and changes when other people are around her she is trying to impress.
    Emma at least is herself and doesnt'y put on an act like Sam.
    I feel sorry for Audrey, she gets attacked by Sam, cheered by her husband and Emma, but what I find disturbing is nobody confronted Sam at the way she treats Audrey, you can see

This is exactly what I think. I'm beginning to think Sam is the most manipulative of them. Lorraine's attitude today over Audrey putting her fist up to Sam was ridiculous. Has she even watched her show where Sam is bullying, screaming and hitting her mum. We don't know what goes on at other times when the cameras aren't there but if Aud was such a monster who batters them would thet sit there hoovering her face and picking on her constantly.

ETA did anyone watch today when they had sausages and mash for tea but complained that Aud made them look bad by having chips :rolleyes: well the tray they put the chips on looked too many for 4 people yet Aud didn't nearly as many as that on her plate so what happened to the rest of them? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( I'm missing watching them all again.

Yup, even in Series 2 I remember feeling sorry for Sam, though I've been more sympathetic to Aud up to her rantings and sprints at Skipgate. Aud is their verbal punchbag, the scapegoat for everything. I really think she retreats into tellyland and sleeps so much because a) she's suffering from depression and b) it's a safer place to be. I still dont like any of them one bit, but even now, most of my bile goes to Papa Chawner.

I think that we've had so much fun and so many laughs on this thread that I'd forgotten until S3 that they really are that revolting. Come on Bio, lets have a repeat for those of us without HD. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    GUTTED! :mad:

Today's chawner didn't record because its a different series from yesterday's.

Meh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see Phil all happy with himself because some slappers on facebook were flirting with him? and his darling girls asking Audrey what would she do if he went out with one of the women??
    he thinks he is lovely sitting there with his giant mega feet! see if I was Audrey I would be slagging his mega hands and huge feet when he mentions her teeth or shapeless boobs, the state of him.
    I have to say Sam and Phil annoy me the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what I think. I'm beginning to think Sam is the most manipulative of them. Lorraine's attitude today over Audrey putting her fist up to Sam was ridiculous. Has she even watched her show where Sam is bullying, screaming and hitting her mum. We don't know what goes on at other times when the cameras aren't there but if Aud was such a monster who batters them would thet sit there hoovering her face and picking on her constantly.

ETA did anyone watch today when they had sausages and mash for tea but complained that Aud made them look bad by having chips :rolleyes: well the tray they put the chips on looked too many for 4 people yet Aud didn't nearly as many as that on her plate so what happened to the rest of them? :confused:
    I have only watched half of todays episode but I watched the clip online the one where Sam takes the remote off Audrey, and Audrey is shouting about missing Emmerdale and Sam hits her and screams in her face and when it goes to Lorraine she says if Audrey keeps acting this way over the telly blah blah..they just totally ignored how badly Sam treated her and blame Audrey.
    Sam is very sly, she hides her true character once she is out of the house and with all the 'experts' that helped them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Looks like the Chawner's Last Chance has been cancelled in New Zealand.

I see TV One NZ broadcast the first four episodes, but now the series status is showing as 'currently off air' and it has been removed from its 8:30pm Thursday slot.

http://tvnz.co.nz/chawners-last-chance/index-group-4799430

And there was me thinking they were 'adored' in New Zealand....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I have only watched half of todays episode but I watched the clip online the one where Sam takes the remote off Audrey, and Audrey is shouting about missing Emmerdale and Sam hits her and screams in her face and when it goes to Lorraine she says if Audrey keeps acting this way over the telly blah blah..they just totally ignored how badly Sam treated her and blame Audrey.
    Sam is very sly, she hides her true character once she is out of the house and with all the 'experts' that helped them.

If I ever hit my mum the way Sam does I'd have been terrified of getting knocked into the middle of next week......1970's style.

Of course, I never was but because it wasn't illegal in them days so there was always the threat!
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Chawner family know NZ have dumped them? How mortifying. Embarrassing for us British though, I hope NZ don't think we are all benefit bludgers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jack_1471 wrote: »

I see TV One NZ broadcast the first four episodes, but now the series status is showing as 'currently off air' and it has been removed from its 8:30pm Thursday slot.

Phil will be gutted!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    If I ever hit my mum the way Sam does I'd have been terrified of getting knocked into the middle of next week......1970's style.

Of course, I never was but because it wasn't illegal in them days so there was always the threat!
    The worst part is Phil stands by and enjoys watching them treat her like that, he doesn't even try to stop it for the cameras to make himself look better he thinks it makes Audrey look bad to the viewers.
    Forum Member
    tenorlady wrote: »
    I wonder if the Chawner family know NZ have dumped them? How mortifying. Embarrassing for us British though, I hope NZ don't think we are all benefit bludgers.

Whatever the reasons for its cancellation, it can't possibly be their fault...Must be the bad editing from Bio again! :rolleyes:
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst part is Phil stands by and enjoys watching them treat her like that, he doesn't even try to stop it for the cameras to make himself look better he thinks it makes Audrey look bad to the viewers.

It's the smirk on his face whenever they are being nasty to Audrey,he turns his face to the camera and smirks as if to say, see what I have to put up with. i was watching the telling of the peanut story today and instead of saying to Emma, 'don't say thay about your Mother,' he smirked and said' Oh you're going to tell that one are you' and then kept correcting to make sure she got it right Then he c
    ommented on the smell. Horrible horrible man.

I 'm not surprised they've moved it or dropped it in NZ, series three was definately Bio's Revenge. All the people who thought the Chawners were cute saw them in their true colours, and didn't like what they saw.Shame:D:D:D:D.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    GUTTED! :mad:

Today's chawner didn't record because its a different series from yesterday's.

Meh!

Ditto! I got myself nice and comfy for the viewing as well :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the reasons for its cancellation, it can't possibly be their fault...Must be the bad editing from Bio again! :rolleyes:
    Such a shame the Kiwi fans will miss the screening of the Big Fat Wedding, when the true extent of the Chawners fame in Great Britain is revealed.

From the excited invitations to various celebrities, including close personal friend Peter Andre and Audrey's heartthrob Eammon Holmes, to the sad reality of the virtually empty hall. Half a dozen guests off the internet, who had obviously turned up for a bet, and their ex-daughter-in-law and grandchild were the only people they actually knew there.

Tragic, really, that after 25 years of marriage, 3 children, and one grandchild, they couldn't muster up a more impressive guest list. In fact, they couldn't muster up any kind of guest list at all.:( Where were the friends? The relatives? The neighbours?

That episode was truly BIO TV's revenge. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see Phil all happy with himself because some slappers on facebook were flirting with him? and his darling girls asking Audrey what would she do if he went out with one of the women??
    he thinks he is lovely sitting there with his giant mega feet! see if I was Audrey I would be slagging his mega hands and huge feet when he mentions her teeth or shapeless boobs, the state of him.
    I have to say Sam and Phil annoy me the most.
    The slappers on facebook weren't flirting with him in any serious way, in fact it was almost cyber-bullying, seeing these random women telling him he was 'sexxxxyyyyy' and witnessing his bashful responses - they were taking the piss out of the man - and had it been anyone other than Philth Chawner, I would have been upset on his behalf.

But he is such an arrogant twunt of a man, he deserves to be made an eejit of. :o

I hope Aud is intelligent enough to realise her husband is in no way, shape, or form, a man likely to appeal to 99.9999999999% of women. (Mad Moo is exempt from this statistic:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the first episode from today, Sam is crying again for the billionanth time as she gained one stone over the four months since filming and Lorraine is there patting her back, she really plays the victim to perfection.
    Sam supports everyone else Lorraine tells Audrey and Phil, she has Lorraine totally fooled.

OMG it was Phil who told Lorraine Audrey put her fist up to her, he is a total pig..really sick of Sam crying though.
    So Audrey who can barely move punched and scratched and bit Sam! something very odd with the way Audrey is being protrayed here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

According to one of Phils' facebook friends from NZ, it is off air for 2 weeks and is then back on but at 12.30am.

They were moaning that he wasn't in prime time TV.
    Forum Member
    Goodness knows why it'd be on Prime Time TV.

I wonder how many New Zealanders will stay up into the early hours of the morning to watch the Chawners?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness knows why it'd be on Prime Time TV.

I wonder how many New Zealanders will stay up into the early hours of the morning to watch the Chawners?!
    Rescheduling it for 12.30am says it all really doesn't it?:D New Zealand doesn't think the Chawners rock, they actually find them a bit of a joke.

One of their 'fans' on twitter is having a Chawner-themed birthday party, which is an excellent idea, I might steal that.:D Everyone comes as their favourite Chawner, food is Smart Price sausages and trifle, with Sambuca to drink, and Dandelion and Burdock for the drivers.

Another comments that the Chawners are fat, lazy <insert rude word for ladygarden>:eek:
    Forum Member
    Rescheduling it for 12.30am says it all really doesn't it?:D New Zealand doesn't think the Chawners rock, they actually find them a bit of a joke.

One of their 'fans' on twitter is having a Chawner-themed birthday party, which is an excellent idea, I might steal that.:D Everyone comes as their favourite Chawner, food is Smart Price sausages and trifle, with Sambuca to drink, and Dandelion and Burdock for the drivers.

Another comments that the Chawners are fat, lazy <insert rude word for ladygarden>:eek:

Sounds like a good idea indeed, as long as people don't resort to Chawner-Style hygiene practices to get into character.

Plenty of trifle, Plenty of Sausages (nothing else to have really, is there?), some ready meals (to lick out of at the end) and Sambuca.

Mustn't forget to plan out the TV schedule either, only issue is though, as Phillip once so famously said:

'We love TV. It’s on from the moment we get up...Often I am so tired from watching TV I have to take a nap'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I insist people wash themselves and put on clean purple shirts before attending my Chawner party! We can all take turns singing My Heart Will Go On before falling asleep in front of the telly.

Party on!
    Forum Member
    How about holding your party in Great Yarmouth, to add to the Chawner fun? You could rent that lovely looking bungalow they holiday in.....

That said, I'm not too sure Chawner-Style entertainment would impress your guests...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKEMN5I20w
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I insist people wash themselves and put on clean purple shirts before attending my Chawner party! We can all take turns singing My Heart Will Go On before falling asleep in front of the telly.

Party on!

Will you invite Facebook people you don't know and wear a dead magpie on your head? If so count me in - I will be looking forward to the iceland party pack sausage rolls...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    what channel are the repeats on and what time??
    cheers!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Will you invite Facebook people you don't know and wear a dead magpie on your head? If so count me in - I will be looking forward to the iceland party pack sausage rolls...
    I will run a Facebook competition, just like Emma did, for invitations. My tie-breaker question is going to be slightly more taxing than "my mum and dad are celebrating their silver wedding, if you can guess how long they have been married, you win" (except of course, that was in 100% txt spk).

There will be Iceland party platters for all and plates and plates of deep fried Smart Price sausages, and I will certainly be wearing a fascinating magpie on my head, to co-ordinate with my dress made out of a charity shop wedding dress and an old t-shirt.
This discussion has been closed.