Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely time for a change of management at LBC. Here's to absent friends.

http://www.flask.com/wp-content/uploads/beer-toast-clouds.jpg
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    FrankBT wrote: »
    He's often like that with callers and even some interviewees. I've always found DM to
    be an arrogant, patronising individual. .

I'm afraid I have to agree. I missed this morning, but I've commented before on how DM seems to have got worse and worse. I still like the show, but he speaks far too much and when he does go off on one... it's usually pretty unedifying and unnecessary.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Julia and Nick just been on Celebrity Pointless and through to the final.

They won !
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Nick Abbot is having another go at UKIP again. He really seems to have a bee in his bonnet about them. How about changing the record Nick. Let me know when you have got it out of your system and I'll turn you back on.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Nick Abbot is having another go at UKIP again. He really seems to have a bee in his bonnet about them. How about changing the record Nick. Let me know when you have got it out of your system and I'll turn you back on.

The more exposure that's given to their unsavoury activities the better. Go Nick.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go Nick.
    Well I can at least second that sentiment. The thing is when someone preaches at me like a record with the needle stuck, I want to do the exact opposite.
    He has also been laying into Russell Brand in a particularly snide manner. It's almost like he is jealous of him for some reason. Bizarre.
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick abbot always banging on out the clocks going back 1 hour, most countries also change back 1 hour.
    Nick abbot is obsessed with hot weather I think he needs to move away from Britain maybe a hot sunny climate he can take all the moaner callers with him. Boring old doris If she comes on she always agrees with him. Dull dull radio i'm afraid. About time we had a major revamp like 5 live has done. Nick abbot is one of those presenters either you love him or dislike him.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Abbot on a light hearted topic is the best!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Redunited wrote: »
    Nick abbot always banging on out the clocks going back 1 hour, most countries also change back 1 hour.
    Nick abbot is obsessed with hot weather I think he needs to move away from Britain maybe a hot sunny climate he can take all the moaner callers with him. Boring old doris If she comes on she always agrees with him. Dull dull radio i'm afraid. About time we had a major revamp like 5 live has done. Nick abbot is one of those presenters either you love him or dislike him.

He hardly keeps going on about the clocks, it only happens twice a ywar!
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christo on for an extra hour
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    He hardly keeps going on about the clocks, it only happens twice a ywar!

Year, even. ^_^
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Cristo was wearing his psychologist hat overnight with a caller. The conversation meandered on for ages, uncomfortable listening I began to feel more like a fly on the wall than a radio listener. He does like to overindulge, doesn't he?
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Christo on for an extra hour

My cup runneth over. *Rolleyes*
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I can at least second that sentiment. The thing is when someone preaches at me like a record with the needle stuck, I want to do the exact opposite.
    He has also been laying into Russell Brand in a particularly snide manner. It's almost like he is jealous of him for some reason. Bizarre.

I don't like Nick Abbot much but anyone laying into the oaf Brand is okay with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am finding all the presenters are becoming rude and intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them. Gone are the days when Clive Bull was polite and listened to an opposing view, he was kindness itself to Chris from Crouch End who I know is well known for her well, off the radar views.
    It would be okay if Nick Abbott went on and on about UKip but he doesn't get his facts right, and how dare anyone come on and have an opposing view. He sneers and belittles the caller. On Friday night I thought Christo was going to burst into tears and have to be carried off, he was like a child who wasn't getting his own way, stamping his foot. Steve Allen thinks anyone who dares to comment has some mental illness. Duncan Barkes shouts.
    They read direct from newspapers as if everything in it is fact. Its shameful and lazy Yes even you Nick Abbott. And he does go on about hot weather. In the summer, he seemed to think that anyone who didn't like that debilitating heat that made me feel ill this year, was stupid.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve still pushing tickets for the Magic Circle show. It seems not all his fans are into conjuring tricks. I must say it would bore me stiff.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all i heard of lbc this morning was the 1 minute i had the radio on to reset the time on the hifi (the alarm & clock is dab powered)...

in that 1 minute i heard steve insult his fans... "the sheep, or as he likes to call them the seals, clap clap clap" - actually he may have been talking about the x-factor fans... but a fanbase is the same isnt it steve...
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    James may have lost the tattooed teacher argument, but LBC swiftly redressed the balance with this
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    My cup runneth over. *Rolleyes*

Get yourself a bigger bra then ;-)
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more exposure that's given to their unsavoury activities the better. Go Nick.

Unsavoury? Have you checked out what goes on in the other parties? Now that's what you call unsavoury! re: Michael Shrimpton.
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nick Abbot is becoming like a moaning old fart. His show has become not disimilar to Steve Allen's. Reading from the newspaper, show after show. It's about time Nick Abbot does some research before his show and not rely on biased articles! His negativity about everything he discusses is so boring now! Would make a pleasant change to hear something that he does like!!
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potkettle wrote: »
    Nick Abbot is becoming like a moaning old fart. His show has become not disimilar to Steve Allen's. Reading from the newspaper, show after show. It's about time Nick Abbot does some research before his show and not rely on biased articles! His negativity about everything he discusses is so boring now! Would make a pleasant change to hear something that he does like!!

...and without the incredibly boring sound effects.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potkettle wrote: »

i think since Amanda left the show has been very hit and miss :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    I don't like Nick Abbot much but anyone laying into the oaf Brand is okay with me.

Russell Brand is a complete waste of space. How he gets so much air time is beyond me. How can anyone take him seriously?

As for UKIP , did anyone see that idiot Winston McKenzie on Newsnight?? Without the charismatic Farage, UKIP would be nothing. They are a one person party. NA and even JOB can carry on ridiculing them as far as I'm concerned.

NA if far better when he talk about non political stuff. When he is talking about rock bands or germs he's far more entertaining.

I also love Doris from Ongar
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    fast left wrote: »
    i think since Amanda left the show has been very hit and miss :cry:

He works so much better when he has a foil to work off. Amanda was very good with Nick and made for much more humour.

Producer Will seems to speak occassionally but Amanda is missed ...
This discussion has been closed.