Options

Cheryl Cole Wins X Factor Judging Battle

camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/179027-cheryl-cole-won-x-factor-2014-judging-battle-with-nicole-scherzinger.html

Does anybody believe this article? If there is an element of truth in it it makes Cheryl out to be incredibly petulant and not very professional in all honesty.

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    During the interview Simon and Cheryl did on Lorraine, Simon made a comment about deciding on the panel together and not putting Cheryl next to someone she "hates"
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a Cheryl fan but I don't think I would like to sit next to someone who took my previous job in that manner either (not that it was Nicole's fault) - especially in front of 10m people.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camy934 wrote: »
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/179027-cheryl-cole-won-x-factor-2014-judging-battle-with-nicole-scherzinger.html

Does anybody believe this article? If there is an element of truth in it it makes Cheryl out to be incredibly petulant and not very professional in all honesty.

No I don't believe it and I find it pretty awful that people continue to pit women against each other and call 'catfight' to try and get attention for a story. Nicole said last year she was unsure of her return because of music so her exit was always in the pipeline so I doubt it was because of Cheryl, its most likely crap the papers and magazines are pushing to get people reading . Oh and its New magazine for god sake who really believes them
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm pretty sure the article is correct. I mean, it's just confirming the obvious. Simon wanted Cheryl to come back, so he had to get Nicole out of the way. Nicole took Cheryl's job on X Factor USA, there is no way Cheryl would agree to be on the same panel as Nicole.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    Oh I'm pretty sure the article is correct. I mean, it's just confirming the obvious. Simon wanted Cheryl to come back, so he had to get Nicole out of the way. Nicole took Cheryl's job on X Factor USA, there is no way Cheryl would agree to be on the same panel as Nicole.

How its New Magazine?
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no secret that Cheryl is incredibly jealous and bitter when it comes to Nicole, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this article was accurate.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    Cheryl hasn't liked Nicole for much longer than X Factor. I think it was 2006, a video is on YouTube.
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Did anybody watch the us x factor live shows I don't think simon has to much love for Nicole himself.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,029
    Forum Member
    gemhud wrote: »
    Did anybody watch the us x factor live shows I don't think simon has to much love for Nicole himself.

I think that's more because he wanted Cheryl to work and Fox made a decision to get rid of her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Cheryls quote from her book says it all
    “Then she started singing ‘Promise This’ to me, and I swear to God the woman sang the whole song, to my face. It was just so awkward.”

It must have been very awkward hearing someone who can sing without auto tune.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SOD_IT wrote: »
    Cheryls quote from her book says it all
    “Then she started singing ‘Promise This’ to me, and I swear to God the woman sang the whole song, to my face. It was just so awkward.”

It must have been very awkward hearing someone who can sing without auto tune.

:)

Haha true ;)

I remember when Nicole responded to that quote and I know who I believe more.

Nicole made it quite clear she sang a little bit because she heard it on the radio and wanted to make Cheryl feel good. However she also made it clear she didn't sing the full song at all because she didn't actually know it that well. Lets be honest, Promise This was hardly a global smash, was it? Why would Nicole know it? She probably knew the generic, repetitive chorus and that was it.

Plus like you say, it must of hurt Cheryl, having someone sing one of her songs in tune...
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Haha true ;)

Nicole made it quite clear she sang a little bit because she heard it on the radio and wanted to make Cheryl feel good. However she also made it clear she didn't sing the full song at all because she didn't actually know it that well. Lets be honest, Promise This was hardly a global smash, was it? Why would Nicole know it? She probably knew the generic, repetitive chorus and that was it.

Plus like you say, it must of hurt Cheryl, having someone sing one of her songs in tune...

Cheryl's fans are always doing the most because she's had two good eras - which, let's be honest was entirely down to the promotion she received from X Factor. Nicole is far superior in my eyes, and had her bandmates not labelled her to be a bitch who hogged the attention she would be x10 more successful than she is now as a solo artist. People are so naive to believe such bullshit, because its the producers who are in charge of allocating solos...and the other girls' vocals were merely not strong enough to take lead. The same happened to Nadine from GA.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Haha true ;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Cheryl's fans are always doing the most because she's had two good eras - which, let's be honest was entirely down to the promotion she received from X Factor. Nicole is far superior in my eyes, and had her bandmates not labelled her to be a bitch who hogged the attention she would be x10 more successful than she is now as a solo artist. People are so naive to believe such bullshit, because its the producers who are in charge of allocating solos...and the other girls' vocals were merely not strong enough to take lead. The same happened to Nadine from GA.

Yeah that is a good point about Nadine too. It's funny, the only video footage I've ever seen of any of them being bitchy, is actually Cheryl herself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    If the article is true, and I think that it probably is, then Cheryl is one very smart woman. She would have been very foolish to work with Simon and Nicole again. Simon admitted that their negotiations with Cheryl this year were not about money. I'm guessing, that Cheryl has an air-tight contract that gives her the seat beside Simon, the assurance that she can never be fired or replaced and approval on any other female judge.

I also think that Nicole had two other things against her. She has never been able to improve the ratings and Simon with his ego is probably not a big fan of "everybody pay attention to me" Nicole.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    kakieanne wrote: »
    If the article is true, and I think that it probably is, then Cheryl is one very smart woman. She would have been very foolish to work with Simon and Nicole again. Simon admitted that their negotiations with Cheryl this year were not about money. I'm guessing, that Cheryl has an air-tight contract that gives her the seat beside Simon, the assurance that she can never be fired or replaced and approval on any other female judge.

I also think that Nicole had two other things against her. She has never been able to improve the ratings and Simon with his ego is probably not a big fan of "everybody pay attention to me" Nicole.

This is such an absurd comment to make.

1. She isn't
    2. Even if she was, are you that naive to believe that audiences are so passive they pay close attention to everything Nicole does?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicole is a joke of a judge. She changes her persona regularly to try and be liked more by viewers. She is all about "me" - everything was shamazing or shawhatever, she was clearly very into herself, which is fine since she is a pretty lady, but let's not kid ourselves. (The alternative is that she was just masking her incredible insecurity, in which case I apologize and would urge her to pursue something out of the spotlight where she can enjoy her life and sing opera to herself).

Cheryl doesn't need to be jealous of Nicole. While Nicole fans like to go on and on about how vocally "talented" Nicole is, the bottom line is that she is a second rate version of the vocal powerhouses of our generation (e.g., Beyonce, Christina, etc. even Leona). That is in terms of vocal ability, and in terms of actual hits!! Fact is Cheryl had bigger pop hits than Nicole. Fight For This Love, Promise This, Call My Name, etc. All Nicole has is a bunch of failed attempts at breaking through (ya, I know she had some #1 success on the UK charts, but they weren't exactly huge hits that had staying power i.e., nobody really remembers those songs).

Cheryl Cole is the bigger solo popstar, she was the more popular X Factor judge, and now she's reclaiming her throne, while Nicole was rightfully shown the door so she could focus on her "music career". After all the Cheryl drama in the US, there were months and months of intense speculation and numerous articles and exposes, Simon apologies, then year after year of rumors of her return.... on the other hand, Nicole was fired over Twitter and I haven't heard anybody say they care - says it all!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Cheryl, along with Simon, Dannii and even Louis would win hands down in comparison to any of the other judges that have ever appeared on X Factor UK. They're the ones that were there when the show was at its peak. Nicole & Gary did a good job (along with Tulisa and to a lesser extent Kelly) but are ultimately the ones associated with the years when 'it wasn't as good'. Sharon is a bit of a strange one, there is an argument either way but she has never been on the panel whilst the show was on top.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    This is a joke. Nicole has a bigger range than those so called vocal powerhouses! Esp Beyonce. Compare this version of Ave Maria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpancx5pl2I

To Beyonce's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxfthPHTwc

Nicole hit those high notes flawlessly. Not saying Beyonce isn't incredible but Nicole has been trained to do opera, she has a voice which needs to have incredible range and power. She has a far bigger range than Beyonce.

All I can see/hear is the ridiculous reaction Cheryl has had in reply to Nicole singing a song (in tune)...you'd think she killed her cat or something. Also Nicole has what Cheryl has never had - a personality, a voice and good looks. No wonder Cheryl feels so insecure...
    ablahh wrote: »
    Nicole is a joke of a judge. She changes her persona regularly to try and be liked more by viewers. She is all about "me" - everything was shamazing or shawhatever, she was clearly very into herself, which is fine since she is a pretty lady, but let's not kid ourselves. (The alternative is that she was just masking her incredible insecurity, in which case I apologize and would urge her to pursue something out of the spotlight where she can enjoy her life and sing opera to herself).

Cheryl doesn't need to be jealous of Nicole. While Nicole fans like to go on and on about how vocally "talented" Nicole is, the bottom line is that she is a second rate version of the vocal powerhouses of our generation (e.g., Beyonce, Christina, etc. even Leona). That is in terms of vocal ability, and in terms of actual hits!! Fact is Cheryl had bigger pop hits than Nicole. Fight For This Love, Promise This, Call My Name, etc. All Nicole has is a bunch of failed attempts at breaking through (ya, I know she had some #1 success on the UK charts, but they weren't exactly huge hits that had staying power i.e., nobody really remembers those songs).

Cheryl Cole is the bigger solo popstar, she was the more popular X Factor judge, and now she's reclaiming her throne, while Nicole was rightfully shown the door so she could focus on her "music career". After all the Cheryl drama in the US, there were months and months of intense speculation and numerous articles and exposes, Simon apologies, then year after year of rumors of her return.... on the other hand, Nicole was fired over Twitter and I haven't heard anybody say they care - says it all!!
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    ablahh wrote: »

I see no lies only facts great post! also don't think simon would of liked to work with a judge who was drunk every Saturday night either.
  • Options
    Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick to death already of hearing about 'the nations sweetheart' (give me a break) Cheryl Cole.

As much as I was looking forward to Simon coming back I vowed if Cheryl ever came back I was never watching the show again, her on the judging panel is a joke given her very limited singing abilities, and I could physically stand watch her and Simon be up each others backsides.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    I'm sick to death already of hearing about 'the nations sweetheart' (give me a break) Cheryl Cole.

As much as I was looking forward to Simon coming back I vowed if Cheryl ever came back I was never watching the show again, her on the judging panel is a joke given her very limited singing abilities, and I could physically stand watch her and Simon be up each others backsides.

The show is dying anyway and the ratings will still be poor. Bringing back Cowell and Tweedy Cole won't improve things in the long run.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    The show is dying anyway and the ratings will still be poor. Bringing back Cowell and Tweedy Cole won't improve things in the long run.

I agree. They're flogging a dead horse and just prolonging the money spinning before admitting the inevitable defeat
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl wouldn't want to have to mime infront of Nicole who can sing. She is doing the show to promote her new album so she will have to try and perform. I can't stand the woman.