Top Gear

Comments

• mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Hammond truly is a terrible actor :p
  • CanonMan75CanonMan75 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Worst episode of the series so far, mainly due to the train challenge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was good.

the challenge was wacky and i enjoyed it.

Im glad they dont do a challenge like that in every episode but its always welcome now and again
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the last segment of the train challenge, think it went on a bit too long though.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy their 'two fingers up to health and safety'

It's probably safe but I don't care.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    I bet everyone must have gotten excited that 'Mr Bean' was on the show, but at least some people got to know how he really is.

I laughed out loud at James' "Penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, penis, it's my tannoy", and Richard's (twice) "Stop making the BLEEP-ing announcements".
  • Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was a good episode tonight, the train challenge was entertaining, and Rowan Atkinson was a good guest, he is known for not giving many interviews so to get him on the show was a good move.

No wonder it was noisy and shaking in the caravans, they were bolted onto track trolleys that the track workers use for moving equipment about.

They seem to have something about setting caravans on fire, you knew what was gonna happen, but I would of been dissapointed if it hadn't caught fire.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    Presumably the Scum Class caravan was not bolted to a track trolley when it was hit by the train?
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best of the series so far tonight, but still enjoyable enough, did the job as per. The train challenge was ridiculous, but the tannoy bits and the scum class "carriage" especially made me laugh out loud! Rowan Atkinson was decent value, didn't expect him to go to the top of the board though! It's Simon Cowell's turn in the Kia next week, should be good. :)

Finding the opening clips with Clarkson's VO a bit OTT now, he used to do it once a series now it's every week, overkill definitely.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed it again, but isn't Rowan Atkinson a bit of a strange character? Did well though!!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching an episode on Dave earlier Jeremy said he had been cut up by Rowan Atkinson in a Honda and he was like a driver with tunnel vision... how come he didn't bring this up with Rowan.

I enjoyed the train thing and thought was a good idea cars on rails I just hope some plonkers don't go and try it.
  • ag_deweyag_dewey Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Finding the opening clips with Clarkson's VO a bit OTT now, he used to do it once a series now it's every week, overkill definitely.

I was in the audience for the first episode of this series, and Clarkson actually recorded two versions of the opening, one serious and one jokey. Then we got to vote on which one we prefered, and the response for the jokey one was overwhelming.
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ag_dewey wrote: »
    I was in the audience for the first episode of this series, and Clarkson actually recorded two versions of the opening, one serious and one jokey. Then we got to vote on which one we prefered, and the response for the jokey one was overwhelming.

Cool, I had feeling it was something to do with an audience survey of some sort, fair enough. Lucky you, I didn't get tickets for the second taping this time unfortunately.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best of the series so far tonight, but still enjoyable enough, did the job as per. The train challenge was ridiculous, but the tannoy bits and the scum class "carriage" especially made me laugh out loud!

If only they could have had Bob Crow in the Scum Carriage but he probably travels everywhere First Class.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    The train thing was predicatbly crap! Not a good episode tonight except for the first segment with the Jag.
  • Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Presumably the Scum Class caravan was not bolted to a track trolley when it was hit by the train?

Yeah I would of thought that the caravan was just on the track when it got hit, can't see the private rail company wanting their loco to hit a track trolley.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I can't get my head around the speed of the Nissan, off the line, compared to the Jag.
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When's Jeremy's friend Rebekah on ?

Oops, (s)he's been on, a week or two ago.

It was simply all that red hair that confused me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i enjoyed the episode maybe for the first time in ages, but as the above post health safety will have a field day no flori jacket when going onto the tracks!( i dont give a shit as its all set up and its on a private railway or on a railway thats in private hands) but as a fan i do think its run its course miss the old stuff and i dont think it could be done again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it again, but isn't Rowan Atkinson a bit of a strange character? Did well though!!

Erm he is Mr Bean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manued2009 wrote: »
    Well i enjoyed the episode maybe for the first time in ages, but as the above post health safety will have a field day no flori jacket when going onto the tracks!( i dont give a shit as its all set up and its on a private railway or on a railway thats in private hands) but as a fan i do think its run its course miss the old stuff and i dont think it could be done again!

The railway stunt might have been a good opportunity to show one of the dual road-rail vehicles that you see around quite often. One of the Land Rovers could have done the job without butchering a Jaguar or Audi.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manued2009 wrote: »
    Erm he is Mr Bean?

Yes, I am aware of that, but he wasn't there as the character Mr Bean, he was there as himself. I really don't see the point you are trying to make here.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    Glomper wrote: »
    When's Jeremy's friend Rebekah on ?

Oops, (s)he's been on, a week or two ago.

It was simply all that red hair that confused me.

Jeremy actually admitted in The Sun that he's very good friends with Rebekah.

Just goes to show you that most if not all of his discriminations are just a pantomime act, I can imagine he is quite a different person off camera
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    CanonMan75 wrote: »
    Worst episode of the series so far, mainly due to the train challenge.
    That was about 25/30 minutes I FF'd.:mad:

The rest, very good....Loved the GTR, in the Wet.

And Rowan....:)

How many times has he Bean on now.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    That was about 25/30 minutes I FF'd.:mad:
    The rest, very good....Loved the GTR, in the Wet.
    And Rowan....:)
    How many times has he Bean on now.;)

Just shows how different people have different tastes. The rail part was ridiculous but still funny. I skipped the bit with the fast cars (no idea what type) being "tested", usually find those parts boring.
This discussion has been closed.