Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People offering the information that their child is on the Autistic Spectrum/or has "Special Needs" when the subject of their bloody brat wasn't being discussed.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    People who use word cheeky to say things like "going for a cheeky pint". It really winds me up. Also people who constantly post pictures of their children on Facebook and talk about how wonderful their kids are.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who use word cheeky to say things like "going for a cheeky pint". It really winds me up. Also people who constantly post pictures of their children on Facebook and talk about how wonderful their kids are.
    Totally with you on that. There is a 'friend' on my Facebook who has constantly "got a cheeky wee day off work tomorrow!" or a "cheeky wee half day today!". Drives me insane.
    I don't think she's ever in her bloody work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made a comment about my dislike of infidelity on another part of DS. A clown then asked me since "I was the moral high ground, had I heard about the vacancy at the Vatican". Might just have been a joke but it pissed me off (not the Vatican thing, the insinuation that I had no right to defend my view fidelity).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop assistants approaching and asking me if I need assistance as SOON as I have walked through the blimin door!

This happened to me in Boots and Holland & Barretts. Why do they train their staff to do this - we don't like nor want it - it makes me want to leave the store!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a very annoying habit from younger people which has developed.

TBH, I've only heard it London, but it is the way some of them pronounce the word 'ASK'.

Instead of pronouncing it as it is spelt (the correct way), they pronounce it as 'ARX' / 'ARCS'!:confused::mad:

What on Earth is that about?:confused:

I thought it was a kinda gangster way - pronounced AKS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a very annoying habit from younger people which has developed.

TBH, I've only heard it London, but it is the way some of them pronounce the word 'ASK'.

Instead of pronouncing it as it is spelt (the correct way), they pronounce it as 'ARX' / 'ARCS'!:confused::mad:

What on Earth is that about?:confused:

It's a regional / local variant that's caught on, like Australian Rising Inflection or assembly being pronounce assemb-ally
  • Options
    SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may have been said in 84 (so far) pages but people who treat a supermarket as their own private social club and choose the middle of the aisle as the perfect place to stop and have a natter. Especially on a Saturday, the busiest day of the week, when people are trying to get round and do their shopping :mad:
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    People who make a big thing of covering up their PI numbers, Why?!?!
  • Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzi1 wrote: »
    When trains and buses are really busy yet people insist on sitting on the outside seat, or dump all their stuff onto the seat beside them and look completely insulted (or pretend to be asleep) when you ask them to move it so you can sit down. Did you pay for two seats? No? Move your crap then! I'm not going to stand just so your bag can have a comfortable journey.

People skipping bus queues. In fact people skipping queues in general just gets right up my nose.

When people go on at me (or anyone else really) about spelling and grammar. If it's an official document or an essay or whatever then fine but on message boards, sites like bebo etc? I don't actually care if my apostrophe's in the wrong place!

Perhaps, some people like me have a actual disability where they cannot bend their leg for a long time without extensive pain and therefore need the outer seat especially because other people always sit on the disabled seats first because of course all disabilities have to be visible to count.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My own voice.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    Right now nothing is annoying me intensely.......i'm too busy stunned.... looking at my son thats actually turned on the grill on the cooker and is actually doing something for himself and not asking me to cook something for him.
    Even more....he's asked me if i want something....now that is a first.
  • Options
    ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that dont wash their hands after doing the toilet.

wat da fuq man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    People whp prefer to sniff and snivel and NOT blow their bloody nose! Drives me miss daisy! Grrrr lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    My own voice.

Starting to get that one too :D
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People whp prefer to sniff and snivel and NOT blow their bloody nose! Drives me miss daisy! Grrrr lol

On a related topic; footballers who blow snot out of their nose!:mad:

OK, I know they don't carry tissues, but the cameras always seem to focus on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    Perhaps, some people like me have a actual disability where they cannot bend their leg for a long time without extensive pain and therefore need the outer seat especially because other people always sit on the disabled seats first because of course all disabilities have to be visible to count.

i think this was more a rant about those who try and 'hold' both seats and glare at you when you want to sit down.... or sit on the outside and glare at you when you want to get to the inside... (is in my view )
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The use of "nom nom".

People who when they are coming around a roundabout in a vehicle look at you giving way at the junction with utter contempt and go quite slow on purpose.

memes - still don't know what they are

Those who get offended on other's behalves
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now nothing is annoying me intensely.......i'm too busy stunned.... looking at my son thats actually turned on the grill on the cooker and is actually doing something for himself and not asking me to cook something for him.

Oh and people who bring their children up at any opportunity :p
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    High school kids who beg me to buy them cigs:rolleyes:
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    With you a hundred percent on this one. I was recently on a three hour coach journey and the idiot sitting opposite sniffed the whole of the time. Chinese torture would have been preferable.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

He's up to something... just wait for the "Er.. I was wondering if I could have..."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Online ads before EVERY video, especially when it's a 90 second one. :mad:
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who drop litter when there's a bin they're passing, about to pass or within two feet.
    When you are behind someone on an escalator and you reach the top, the person just stands there and looks around decides where to go. This happened to me today in M&S. The woman almost caused a major accident. It was like a domino effect. I went into the back of her, the person behind me went into the back of me and so on. Annoys me so much.
    This happens on the London Underground a lot, especially when the person is nose deep in reading something in their hand.
    This may have been said in 84 (so far) pages but people who treat a supermarket as their own private social club and choose the middle of the aisle as the perfect place to stop and have a natter. Especially on a Saturday, the busiest day of the week, when people are trying to get round and do their shopping :mad:
    Tourists and school groups visiting Central London do this with the whole space of the pavements... they seem to have no sense that a busy place like that will have lots of other people using it with not as much time as them.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suddenly thinking of a good idea and then forgetting it 5 seconds later before I got a chance to write it out and otherwise procrastinating when I know I shouldn't and later being really busy and wishing I'd done what I meant to do earlier on instead of lazing about, telling myself ill do it later when I end up busier then(!) *ahem* [/vent]
This discussion has been closed.