Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wowcher adverts are weird, seeing as they always depict it as being something for women only, yet surely men can do with discount sushi, discount tattoo removal, or a discount holiday?

Just something that always makes me think when I see the adverts.
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    The advert for cheese (I believe) where the woman says "The Eiffel tower can wait" and then giggles as if she has made a funny remark is very annoying :mad:
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    I've just seen the Beyonce pepsi one..wow does that woman love herself...she also likes to shake her bits about too much for my liking

I haven't seen it but I saw a recent advert on the BBC about her documentary and she sure does love herself.
  • Options
    PetiteshooPetiteshoo Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    The Tassimo Costa advert where the bloke speaks in a ridiculous voice and his co-worker just mongs about next to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Postcode lottery.
    I feel like questioning the entire work of the human race whenever i see it :cry:
    I hate how the (Welsh?) guy from the previous ad who says "Porst-cord- lo'ary!!!"appears in it at the start, looking like fool, and don't get me started on the woman who says 'Werr goin' t' Bendorm!'.

I hate all of the people in the ads and their stupid expressions when they see an oversized cheque get shoved in their faces, and also how the woman (Fiona something?) at the end says 'I'm in... Are you?'.
    Why would you be 'in', considering the astronomical sum they probably paid you to present the ad?

Danone 'actimel'.
    You don't know how much i HATE those tiny bottles with the scientific rubbish all over them.
    1. Tiny bottle, tonnes of profit- it's basically yoghurt- i could drink ten of those bottles! It's more plastic than milk! Why don't they come in bigger bottles?
    2. I hate how they make the bottle look HUGE in the ad.
    3. I hate the croaky voiceover of the ad. My shed door sounds nicer than his voice. I hope it's not Ronnie Corbett, if so, he could do with some losengers! :D
    4. "The little bottle with a lot inside". ^&*%^ off! Feel like smashing a wine bottle over my head whenever i hear that! :mad:

On a brighter note, i was pleased to see that bloomin' SANEX have taken out the disgusting part of their ad, you know, with the swarms and swarms of people that never fails to make your stomach churn.. ugh.
    Or did i just see the 'shorter' version- is that advert still around in it's entirety? :(
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS_6HHQ7jOA

Also playing the asteroid machine around 37 seconds on virgin airline 2012 ad.

FABULOUS spot Sentenza!!!

I just hope that you are related or that's you in the ad!!

BTW ... the Virgin ad is the antithesis of this thread - hit the Youtube link and it made me smile
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    I've just seen the Beyonce pepsi one..wow does that woman love herself...she also likes to shake her bits about too much for my liking

Most of her songs aren't very memorable.

Made me laugh how she was caught out miming earlier this year :D
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The assault price freeze one, with the mum musing about beans being cheaper last week. I hate beans, they make me feel sick, it is bad enough they are on the spoon, but they are smeared over the child's face, (vomit)
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    The advert for cheese (I believe) where the woman says "The Eiffel tower can wait" and then giggles as if she has made a funny remark is very annoying :mad:

Oui, c'est.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    One more thing about the ad featuring aliens encouraging loan sharking, one of the aliens speaks with a Geordie accent.
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meechyemoo wrote: »
    The assault price freeze one, with the mum musing about beans being cheaper last week. I hate beans, they make me feel sick, it is bad enough they are on the spoon, but they are smeared over the child's face, (vomit)

Ditto, that's just f*cking gross.
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meechyemoo wrote: »

I meant ASDA!
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »

Yes, I agree why they have brought that back I do not know.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just caught than HSBC lemonade girl advert for the first time.

I bet the smug little cow has had the man from Del Monte bumped off.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last bit in the residential street isn't even St Albans, it's Welwyn Garden City

The end of it is my street it two days of filming for a couple of seconds on screen
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have Santander shot themselves in the foot with their ads, they show their customers confused and irritated by Ennis, McIlroy and Button telling them about their products, in other words Santander you are pissing your customers off which surely is not a good thing to do.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Have Santander shot themselves in the foot with their ads, they show their customers confused and irritated by Ennis, McIlroy and Button telling them about their products, in other words Santander you are pissing your customers off which surely is not a good thing to do.

I didn't have a clue who they were, but the way one was dressed thought he might be Jensen. Crap advert
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    The blonde on the Postcode lottery. Whats with her neck, what is going on there!!

She must have surgically had a spring fitted or she is practicing to take over from churchill's dog at some point.

Anyway it can't be a fair lottery, our postcode has about 20 houses under it, my brother has about 10, surely he would win more money if his numbers came up:confused: just waiting to see if any of my neighbours are going to win...(rubbing hands)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »

Nothing new there then, why break a habit of a life time:D
  • Options
    manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    20. Moneysupermarket - Moneysupermarket, will you just F*CK OFF! :mad:

19. Tampax - I think it's Tampax that this new advert is for? I can't remember but it sure is a stupid ad, with the woman going through the audience to get to her seat at the theatre, just get your fat arse out the road and hurry up and sit down! :mad: What has her arse going into people's faces got anything to do with Tampex or whatever the hell it's advertising anyway?! :mad:

18. Santander - Jessica Ennis, Rory Mcilroy and Jenson Button are REALLY starting to annoy me now . . . :mad:

17. Coca Cola Zero - Another fairly new ad, with the ***** in the cinema watching amazed/gokey-faced at the arse that comes on the screen talking an essay about how Coke Zero is this and that and how the audiences cups of coke have actually had Coke Zero cups hidden in them and that it's actually Coke Zero they're drinking :rolleyes: if that was me and surely everybody else would have noticed the two rims and that there was two cups? Also I paid to see a film! Get off the screen and stop talking your shite, you skinny smug beardy prick! :mad: : p

16. Aldi - Those two overweight women talking about bits on the side are getting on my nerves and are quite disgusting, as someone else has said she's probably never even had a bit on the side : p

15. Logical Heating - I only just recently realised after seeing the little message that pops up during the ad that the woman in this advert is Carol Mcgiffin, and I think when she practically yells "I'm known for speaking my mind!" and brandishing that knife towards the camera, she's quite scary, maybe she's an 80's horror movie phsyco serial killer in her spare time :p

14. Doritos The Mexicans are still doing my head in . . .

13. Fiat - I see a lot of people have mentioned this ad numerous times on this thread, either for the BEYOND aggravating song playing in the background ("ABC, 123, ABC Come play with me!":mad:) or the freaky-looking little boy with his stupid IPad touch imagination which has probably killed his imagination if that's all he thinks about, and for me, it's both :mad:

12. BT - I wish those students would just **** off, simple as that really to be honest . . .

11. Victoria Plumb - I had seen this advert mentioned on this thread before and hadn't seen it, until earlier this week when I had the misfortune of seeing the mum who drones on and on about her new bathroom, and, of course, the creepy toothless little demon girls who say "From Victoria Plumb!" at the end of it, who are the reason this advert is so annoying, apart from the mum, stupid little toothless brats :mad:

: p
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who in their right mind would launch a product called 'Volvic Juiced'?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    The new Cadbury Crispello ads where the girl thinks her boyfriend's dad is "hot". It's a rubbish song and it's not "naughty" it's just bloody weird!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more thing about the ad featuring aliens encouraging loan sharking, one of the aliens speaks with a Geordie accent.

TARDIS translation circuit.

Oops, wrong thread.
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Herbal Essences - This shampoo ad has been annoying me for some time, with the woman washing her hair in a waterfall of which sounds like she's having an orgasm, the dirty b*tch, and shouts and screams and yells "yes. Yes! YES!" Shut up! :mad:

We just cross-pollinate this advert with Churchill Insurance:

Q: "Churchill, do you have multiple orgasms in the shower?"
    A: <Northern accent> "Oh yes! Oh Yes! Oh Yes!..."
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,397
    Forum Member
    Fairy9178 wrote: »
    The new Cadbury Crispello ads where the girl thinks her boyfriend's dad is "hot". It's a rubbish song and it's not "naughty" it's just bloody weird!

The edited out the bit where the Mother whacks her over the head with a shovel and drags her dead body into the bushes.. :)
This discussion has been closed.