Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think that was Georgia

Oh yes! How silly of me! :D

Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Guaranteed when I fly, it'll be her doing the air-hostessing.

Wahwahwahhonkwah.
  • Options
    enfant_terribleenfant_terrible Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Aw. Happy ending. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Year 9 - grim.
  • Options
    etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    English, Law, Sociology and Performing Arts? I was under the impression Hadiqa was bright?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whys the head calling the pupils mate?

Its cuz he's down wit da yoof innit.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Guaranteed when I fly, it'll be her doing the air-hostessing.

Wahwahwahhonkwah.

Only if they give her speech therapy at trolley-dolly school
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Safeera being an air hostess, the training is pretty hard core and involves lots of tests and assessments. If she couldn't get a C in English despite being nursed by one of the teachers I don't think she'll be able to cut it on her own. Maybe for someone like Ryan Air or Easyjet but definitely not Fly Emirates, they are the cream of the crop!
  • Options
    Sclark78Sclark78 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    etamine wrote: »
    English, Law, Sociology and Performing Arts? I was under the impression Hadiqa was bright?

Why, because she's not doing Latin and Greek?
  • Options
    JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

English and Law are among the hardest subjects and the most relevant to what she wants to do. You have to pick 4 so she probably picked 2 others that she enjoys. What's the problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well for Thornhill she was. She was basically literate and could form sentences.

It's all relative.
  • Options
    etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordanT91 wrote: »
    English and Law are among the hardest subjects and the most relevant to what she wants to do. You have to pick 4 so she probably picked 2 others that she enjoys. What's the problem?

Because she's clearly not looked what a good law degree requires from your A Level choices.
  • Options
    Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We hear about all the young people who come out of uni and college and can't a job but we have saffiya here who can't speak clearly or properly for toffee but was accepted on a cabin crew course - she will never pass any interview for cabin staff without serious elocution lessons!
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's clearly not looked what a good law degree requires from your A Level choices.

Surprising since her father is a barrister.
  • Options
    Laura_RoweLaura_Rowe Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I can't see her being successful in an interview at Emirates somehow :-)

"Yehyouwannalikehaveteaorlikecoffewiddatairlinemealinnit"

this made me LOL :D
  • Options
    Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god.:rolleyes:

Just reading through this thread and had the same response to some of these comments. Must be an English thing, something they are taught in their culture. :rolleyes:

They are teenage girls ffs. Being catty and cliquey is what they do. Faith and ethnicity is irrelevant, no matter how desperate some people here seem to be to try and make it seem otherwise.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am clearly old fashioned. Surely, if a pupil says the words "You is a proper good teacher" to an English teacher, that English teacher should offer some form of correction to the sentence. That's kind of her job.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite sure there's a height restriction to be a air steward. You need to be a certain height or above. Maybe they have changed it as she doesn't appear tall enough.
  • Options
    ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I think they're both cute. Both seem driven. It would be a shame if the girl from Yorkshire didn't get to live her dream of being an air hostess. I think the other girl probably has the smarts to achieve her ambitions. [not sure about being Prime Minister though] .

lol....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she speaking English??

Watching with my wife the only word we could make out was 'init' :eek:

Cabin crew....lol

Travel & Tourism.... says it all...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do it at the technical college near me, this is the course description.

Lasts a year and you get a level 2 diploma. Eh, it'll look good on the application I suppose?

...and then Virgin hire applicants who turned down a modelling career (male and female!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and why are the signs in the school bi-lingual...?
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zaphodski wrote: »
    ...and why are the signs in the school bi-lingual...?
    Why not? :) The last school placement I did had a bilingual sign at the front of the school. It's a good idea actually. Plus for a while we had French signs everywhere as we had French visitors as they were penpals with the Year 3 class :p

I found this episode rather close to home. I had a very similar year to Hadiqua in Year 11. A lot of falling out and such. I felt very alone at times and did a lot of crying. But I got through it with the friends I did both inside and outside of school. Funny thing is I've gone a lot further than a lot of those horrible people ;)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Reiver97 wrote: »
    Just reading through this thread and had the same response to some of these comments. Must be an English thing, something they are taught in their culture. :rolleyes:

They are teenage girls ffs. Being catty and cliquey is what they do. Faith and ethnicity is irrelevant, no matter how desperate some people here seem to be to try and make it seem otherwise.

As was proven by the end of the program.
    Catty and jealous because someone came into their group and 'took' their mate away.
    After some to and fro they learned to share, from the look of things.

Didn't we have a girly best friends falling out in Educating Essex too?
    Ah, remember it now, it was some text or facebook messages sent outside of school time wasn't it, parent called in and it was all over in a couple of days IIRC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Why not? :) The last school placement I did had a bilingual sign at the front of the school. It's a good idea actually. Plus for a while we had French signs everywhere as we had French visitors as they were penpals with the Year 3 class :p

I found this episode rather close to home. I had a very similar year to Hadiqua in Year 11. A lot of falling out and such. I felt very alone at times and did a lot of crying. But I got through it with the friends I did both inside and outside of school. Funny thing is I've gone a lot further than a lot of those horrible people ;)

Well, if it's for educational reasons perhaps Chinese / Spanish / French may be better choices....?