Options

Comedy moments where you laughed so much it physically hurt.

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JarseHugh Jarse Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    A few over the years, but the most recent one was after Kikini Bamalam had her unfortunate surgical procedure & "Brucie" first appeared, in the 1st episode of Toast of London. Still laugh when I think about it now.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    Any scene with the late, great Madeleine Khan in the film 'What's Up Doc?'

Don't forget her send up of Marlene Dietrich... Lily Von Schtupp? In Blazing Saddles ..Tired of playing da game
    Much missed and left some great TV appearances too
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Most of the above ^^ PLUS the frozen cat in 'One Foot' and the toasted tortoise! - sick I know, but so hilarious! (it's only pretend!) :)

And the dead hedgehog that he thought was his slipper :D
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    What's Up Doc:
    Howard: Good morning.
    Mr Kaltenborn: No, I don't think so. I'm Mr Kaltenborn, the manager of what's left of the hotel.
    Howard: I'm sorry about all this whole mess here. Usually this doesn't happen.
    Mr Kaltenborn: Dr Bannister, I have a message for you from the staff of the hotel.
    Howard: What is it?
    Mr Kaltenborn: Goodbye.
  • Options
    FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    The scene with Linda looking after the doll has to be the most hilarious. "Don't explode - Linda loves ya!" *smashes doll with her first* "Bitch!"

Then of course later when Jez and Suze turn up to reclaim the doll, and Linda hisses at them, "that **** of a daughter's more trouble than she's worth!"

Hahaha funniest comedy ever but obviously on late due to the content:D

"On yer bike I'm not a dyke"

"Oooo I'm a ginger Uma Thurman"
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Earliest memory of this happening was watching a series 2 'Monty Python....' video as a teen with some friends (Hired video...getting on a bit!) and seeing the 'It's The Mind' pretend documentary titles sequence...it's just the random photograph of a quizzical Terry Jones with an egg on his head....nearly passed out.

Well yeah...you had to be there. :o

Other one that springs to mind is the OFAH scene where Uncle Albert had to pretend to be shocked that Rodney was going to the cinema with another girl to make Cassandra jealous and getting the timing wrong.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Father Ted - Kicking Bishop Rennan up the Ar*e!
  • Options
    Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan.....dan
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back a bit, but they do still occasionally show it.
    The weeing and pooing donkey on Blue Peter
  • Options
    ad_walkerad_walker Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    not exactly what most people call a comedy but on celebrity juice the other week when keith lemon did the danny dyer sketch in the queen vic, now that was funny.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QI when they played the track of Charlotte Green corpsing after playing the first ever recording of the human voice. Alan Davies trying to copy it.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victor Borge has been literally rolling on the floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpIbdZhrzA
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    The whole scene wit the inflatable willy in Phoenix Nights: "I can't have the kids bouncing up and down on a…on a love length".:D
  • Options
    ad_walkerad_walker Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Phoenix nights!!! Loved it when they did stars in their eyes when jerry sinclair dressed up as emimem and sang the real slim shady.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Psychoville's Tina Turner. I thought I was going to have a heart attack I laughed so much.

Also, the moment in Bottom when Richie (impersonating Kilroy) falls downstairs and through the bathroom door. Once again, really unexpected and funnier because of it.
  • Options
    maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Father Ted ...Writing the song for the Eurovision Song Contest
    River Dancing in the caravan
    The Vital Spark (1973 version) .. Dan describing the engine malfuction
    "see that thing that's going roon and roon-it should be going up n' doon
    Mrs Browns Boys... waxing in the cupboard
    Harry Enfield....1930's footballers versus modern football
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blowpop27 wrote: »
    Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan.....dan

AP.....that was classic.:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Other one that springs to mind is the OFAH scene where Uncle Albert had to pretend to be shocked that Rodney was going to the cinema with another girl to make Cassandra jealous and getting the timing wrong.

Brilliant scene, especially David Jason trying desperately not to corpse and only half managing it.

Blackadder 3 - The Actors come to visit. "Good Lord. You mean you have to do that every time I say 'Macbeth'"? "Arrggh! Hot potato, orchestra stalls..."

The Simpsons - The family giving each other shocks in electrotherapy, Homer's repeated descent of Springfield Gorge, and Smither's opinion of females on sailing craft - "I don't think women and seamen mix, sir" "We know what you think!"

Family Guy - Peter gives a VERY sunburnt Stewie a heart clap on the back - "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! You HORSE'S ARSE!!!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Father Ted ...Writing the song for the Eurovision Song Contest
    River Dancing in the caravan

Harry Enfield....1930's footballers versus modern football

I laughed heartily at that. the 30's lot lighting up **** and passing sarnies round. And then trying to copy the modern team warming up:D

Most recently, in Masterchef Australia, one of the contestants tasted some seriously hot chili sauce (which he himself had made) and his glasses literally flew off.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batman and Robin appearing out of the darkness in OFAH still gets me.

Not a comedy moment in the same way but the guy slipping on the ice on RTE news is pretty funny too.
    It really still is hilarious :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT9z87GNL_g
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Oh, and the very first time I heard Les Dawson playing the piano.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Mack's first stand-up DVD had me straight up sobbing with laughter for fifteen minutes when he described perfume adverts. It was wave after wave of laughter, and then he started talking about Australian adverts and I thought I was going to decease.
  • Options
    OmlOml Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Not a popular choice but I can remember about 10 years ago when Bo selecta first aired as a new programme. I laughed so hard at the first episode. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life ( I think the costumes made it) I have never ever laughed that much at a programme.

However, by episode 2 the next week, I wasn't laughing anymore, cos it was just the same old thing and got boring pretty fast. But I will still give credit to Leigh Francis for it because nothing on earth has made me laugh like I did the first time it was on.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back many decades, the first time I ever saw Tommy Cooper do his "hats" limerick.
    I'm pretty sure it was in the days of "black & white."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IqXaSrYr74