Wentworth (Australian Pace) contains spoilers

Comments

• cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    I'm loving S2 too. I wasn't sure initially about the new Ferguson but I'm so glad that they have decided to play the long game with the character and that her expert manipulation has been exposed gradually.

Its also great to see the cameos from all those other great Aussie soaps actors of yesteryear. Angela Hamilton, Plain Jane SuperBrain and of course Gay Ray!

I really can't see a Bea/Frankie alliance working out longterm in S3. I kind of think Frankie's days are numbered and that she will fall at the hands of Fergie at the end of this season, leaving Bea as a conflicted Top Dog.

I'm surprised we haven't had more old character refs yet in this season though. Was hoping for an updated Lathem, Gaffney or Bryant at the very least.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    I wonder what happened to the baby? With all Joan's contacts, she would have surely kept tabs on the child?

Speaking of her contacts, she seems to have them in the law, prison and criminal system, I wonder if that part of her life is going to be looked at more closely.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the baby might be called Shane Monroe!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really can't see a Bea/Frankie alliance working out longterm in S3. I kind of think Frankie's days are numbered and that she will fall at the hands of Fergie at the end of this season, leaving Bea as a conflicted Top Dog.

I'm surprised we haven't had more old character refs yet in this season though. Was hoping for an updated Lathem, Gaffney or Bryant at the very least.

Do we know who is confirmed for season three out of the current cast?

I could see Joan killing Frankie like she did Simone. It would make sense as like you I can't see where they could take her once Bea becomes top dog.

I also really hope season 3 brings us Chrissie Latham. I want to see how they reinvent her.
  • Damon_JacksonDamon_Jackson Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Episode 10 is nowhere to be found!
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Just watched last weeks brilliant episode. This series just gets better and better. Pamela Rabe pisses all over Maggie Kirkpatrick in the acting stakes. Special mention for Celia Ireland - another outstanding actress.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 10 is nowhere to be found!

Thank goodness it's not just me.
    It was definitely shown at it's usual time of 8.30pm AEST. Maybe we'll get the repeat from Wednesday 1.15pm AEST (4.15am UK)
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Yeah I just came on here to see if anybody had had any luck finding episode 10, I'd been looking forward to it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Became available at 10.47pm:)
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Became available at 10.47pm:)

where. i cant find it.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Hurray, finally got it! :D
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Ditto - but just as I was about to go to bed :(
  • Damon_JacksonDamon_Jackson Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    That was INTENSE- loved that Liz told Bea about Franky killing Meg.

These next two episodes look amazing, especially the fight between Franky and Bea!
  • petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching episode 10. Another good one. It is building up nicely for the last two episodes, The Bea and Franky showdown is going to happen soon, Don't think Liz is coping too well with being on the outside, Now that Ferguson has something on Channing how will she use it to her advantage ? And is Fletch really leaving, I think Vera won't be sorry to see him go. I can't wait for episodes 11 and 12.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Walford Correctional Centre?

Is that where Lucy Beale's killer is heading?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode!

Having another 'Walford' is a bit surreal!

Anyway, Celia Ireland! what an actress! I never really paid too much attention to her previously but she was amazing in this episode.

Looks like the Bea vs Frankie show down will happen in the next episode but the title of it 'into the night' suggests to me that Bea might manage her escape to get Braden.

The final episode is called 'Fear Her' I wonder if that is about Bea becoming top dog or about Joan becoming sadistic?

I hope Bea is top dog by the end of episode 12. I really want Boomer bringing down. I can't forgive for what she is trying to do to Liz! :(

Jess is obviously mentally disturbed! I loved how she let her mask slip with Sky. I reckon she probably did kill that baby after all.

It was good to see Channing again even if he is a ****!. I did hope his sexual harassment of Erica might have come out but I guess that ship has sailed! :(

The trailer for next week looks so good

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21xpmn_wentworth-season-2-episode-11-trailer_shortfilms

At a guess
    I think Bea will collapse following her fight with Frankie due to the drugs she has been taking to thick her blood.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Anyone know how this rates in Australia - good? bad?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »

Very good for where it is. Its only available on pay TV. If it aired on one of the major networks it would be their top rated show. Its sad so many are missing out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »

Viewing figures here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_(season_2)
    To put those figures into perspective these are figures for the free channels
    http://www.tvtonight.com.au/category/ratings
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot wait for next week.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode, moving the stories along nicely. Agree that the next two episodes look fantastic. :)
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Viewing figures here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_(season_2)
    To put those figures into perspective these are figures for the free channels
    http://www.tvtonight.com.au/category/ratings

Thanks for the links... if you scroll down the TV Tonight ratings, it shows the subscription channels, and reveals that Wentworth is the highest rating show on Australian subscription TV.

As for Wentworth itself I do like the show but to me the storylines seem all over the place and stretch credibility a bit.
    Like, Ferguson's boss (Martin Sacks) returns, immediately announces he has reversed Fletcher's unwanted transfer to Walford, reveals to Fletch full plans to remove Ferguson, tries unsuccessfully to trick Vera into helping him, grabs the bum of the parole officer played by Annie Jones (which seems a major revision to her character and since when was she installed at Wentworth? I thought she just made the odd visit to Liz?) who then reveals she is in a relationship with him and has been helping him 'enlist' the young and sexy parolees. Then Ferguson learns that Sacks' character is a director of a brothel. Brothels and prostitution are legal in Australia, but it seems pretty implausible that someone in a high level position in the Corrections area would also be a director of a brothel. And as if he'd keep paper copies of parolees files like that. If he really was hiring them as prostitutes, he wouldn't be handling the intricacies of the photocopied forms and the hiring. Some lackey would be doing that. And he's not going to have the photocopies in his office - they'd go straight to the lackey for practical - and security - reasons. But, Sacks' is rattled by Ferguson who predictably figured the whole thing out in a few minutes so immediately departs the prison and tells Fletch, essentially, 'I lost, the plans are on hold. Bye'.

Also, Will Jackson seemed OK despite the recent cycle crash. No mention of the injured nurse either.

I still enjoy the show but these big story lurches seem a bit extreme.

Bloody hell they better not get rid of Franky she's easily my fave character!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved Liz rescuing her daughter from the rapist and then getting recognised. Then she stops the scum bag from robbing her again. Good work, Lizzie!

I hope Boomer's mate doesn't bash her.

And that lass who's trying to crack onto Fletch is very, very tasty. She has lovely eyes.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    And that lass who's trying to crack onto Fletch is very, very tasty. She has lovely eyes.

I wasn't looking at her eyes when she was standing there in her undies. ;-) I think Fletch will have his wicked way with her. :D