The last of us coming to ps4

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Is Last not part of the pre-download scheme? :confused: ... When I bought transformers dark spark (US version) it was on my HDD a week before release! :confused:

Was wondering this myself, I did only pre-order an hour ago mind.

So when will it be available for download?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Last not part of the pre-download scheme? :confused: ... When I bought transformers dark spark (US version) it was on my HDD a week before release! :confused:

No preload for TLOU:R because the pre-orders went live on PSN before the scheme was set up.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Ive been keeping an eye on this game, waiting for the reviews and while the game gets a good score, I just can't justify spending another £40 on a game I already have on PS3 just for a faster frame rate and better looking gfx.

I'll pass this time.......for now lol

Would you not sell the ps3 version if you were going for the ps4 one. You might get £20 for it so the upgrade would only cost £20 ??
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was wondering this myself, I did only pre-order an hour ago mind.

So when will it be available for download?

It should be available @ midnight (US time) but I usually don't start downloading until I get outta bed & ave my breakfast! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No preload for TLOU:R because the pre-orders went live on PSN before the scheme was set up.

I hope PSNetwork can take the strain! :D ... they'll be allot of folk downloading all 50GB of Last tomorrow! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope PSNetwork can take the strain! :D ... they'll be allot of folk downloading all 50GB of Last tomorrow! ;-)

It was a bit of a mess when the Destiny beta went live, but that was worldwide. It's only the US servers getting hammered tomorrow.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got round to ordering this, 32 quid via the PSN US store (yes could of got physical cheaper, but I'm trying to stay digital this gen). I guess I should be able to download it tomorrow, but wonder if it'll let me play it in the EU? Not that I'm too fussed, wont be able to play anything till Thursday at least.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be available @ midnight (US time) but I usually don't start downloading until I get outta bed & ave my breakfast! :blush:

I'm up very early Friday morning for work so will start the download then, hopefully it will be finished time I get home, then 3 days off :)

Played it before but I'm so thirsty for some PS4 games, and this is the best going on any console :cool:
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to my TLOU PS4 bundle coming on Friday :)
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have this preordered with Amazon, my PS4 is currently in the stages of being replaced, so I doubt I will be playing it until next week sometime.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to get this after all. I have more cash spare than I thought I had (also getting Destiny as there is nothing else really until October).
    Forum Member
    I'll be buying the disk on Friday. It is Friday that it's out isn't it ?

I would have downloaded but the 50gb is putting me off, that would take too long to download on my connection and that's too much hard drive space for one game.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember all games install to hdd so will end up 50 either way, however you do save yourself that dl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Friday. 50 gig is a lot! Makes me wonder if other bigger games are going to need more than one BR!
    Forum Member
    But the disk won't install 50gb to the hard drive will it? It will do a big install I'm sure but the whole lot ??
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not 100 % yuffie but my understanding was that it would. It'll do it in background while you play though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLOU, Destiny, Driveclub.....not to mention PS+

I'm gonna need to upgrade the HDD sooner rather than later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLOU, Destiny, Driveclub.....not to mention PS+

I'm gonna need to upgrade the HDD sooner rather than later.

I tend to delete installs for things I'm not playing. Hangover from ps3 days I guess. If all digital though, is there a limit on how many times something can be re downloaded?
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I tend to delete installs for things I'm not playing. Hangover from ps3 days I guess. If all digital though, is there a limit on how many times something can be re downloaded?

No, seeing as digital purchases are tied to the PSN Username, it will follow that wherever it goes on the supported systems.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an ex xboxer in new to this game, I've been reading up on the multi player side and the trophy list, it looks like the multi player is large faction wars that continue when your not in game is that correct?
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Yep. Friday. 50 gig is a lot! Makes me wonder if other bigger games are going to need more than one BR!
    If ND do an Uncharted Trilogy then that could be a 3 (or 4) disc set. UC3 is already just over 48GB on PS3 and that's all 720p content.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded LastofUs this morning! ... Took less then 60mins via wifi! :)

(Just need ta finish wolfenstein before I fire it up!) :blush:
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Did anybody that prdered with gamestop (and paypal) is their payment still showing as pending (Not sure if I should have done it via paypal with them)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am i wasting £40 if i buy this as i have the PS3 version

just have nothing to play on PS4

BF4 needs a 58 hour update so ive traded it and we are all sick to death of Watchdogs and The Lego Movie..
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered with the game collection. Never used them before but looks promising as got two emails today - first saying they had dropped the price so were refunding me a bit to match the new lower price (£33.75), and the second to say it had dispatched, so hoping it should be with me Friday!

I actually got the game for PS3 but didn't get round to playing it before the HDMI went screwy on it so decided to trade it in along with all my other PS3 games and get a PS4 and the remastered version instead. Looking forward to it!