Options

Why Doesn't Big Brother Pick Real Reality Tv Stars To Enter?

MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't seem to understand why they don't ask people from The Real Housewives or Bad Girls Club. Like Frenchy was on a crap reality show in the USA. I'm sure they wouldn't say no to some promotion in the UK as they are not as well known.

If they can offer White Dee £100,000 and David £200,000 and most of the real housewives are offered between £150,000 and £250,000 I just don't get it?

Comments

• Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Computer says no
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're saying you would prefer a £100,000 go to a nobody who everyone will end up moaning about "who are they? Big Brother always enters nobodys" than someone people generally know about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Computer says no

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't seem to understand why they don't ask people from The Real Housewives or Bad Girls Club. Like Frenchy was on a crap reality show in the USA. I'm sure they wouldn't say no to some promotion in the UK as they are not as well known.

If they can offer White Dee £100,000 and David £200,000 and most of the real housewives are offered between £150,000 and £250,000 I just don't get it?

I have never heard of, or watched, either of these two shows.

TOWIE and Geordie Shore are well known - even I watch them a bit and I am not in the correct demographic? I also saw an episode or two of Dee in Benefits St.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never heard of, or watched, either of these two shows.

TOWIE and Geordie Shore are well known - even I watch them a bit and I am not in the correct demographic? I also saw an episode or two of Dee in Benefits St.

I think your not getting my point, I'm saying keep them in, but someone like Frenchy isn't known AT ALL. Rock of Love isn't even aired here. The Real Housewives is aired on ITV2 and is on now. Why pick someone like Frenchy over Nene Leaks?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think your not getting my point, I'm saying keep them in, but someone like Frenchy isn't known AT ALL. Rock of Love isn't even aired here. The Real Housewives is aired on ITV2 and is on now. Why pick someone like Frenchy over Nene Leaks?

It was shown over here as were several of it's spin-offs, on MTV or VH1 I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    It was shown over here as were several of it's spin-offs, on MTV or VH1 I think

I didn't realise that. Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it makes me want to vomit that a muppet like David is getting £200k, I don't mind OUR money going to people with a slither of appeal but him :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh sorry, I thought you meant UK reality stars that are there. I have no idea who Frenchie is either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    it makes me want to vomit that a muppet like David is getting £200k, I don't mind OUR money going to people with a slither of appeal but him :(

So true, this is when I don't understand why they paid him that much and he's basically famous for dating Kelly Brook who isn't even that famous now.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't TOWIE reality show? Do you mean US reality?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh sorry, I thought you meant UK reality stars that are there. I have no idea who Frenchie is either.

Oh no. Don't apologise :) like I'm not promoting Reality TV Stars. But When they get someone unknown who was on A American Reality Show a YEAR AGO is just a waste of housemate. It's like Zoe she was on Pop Idol Ten Years ago and is probably more known than Frenchy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Isn't TOWIE reality show? Do you mean US reality?

Basically yes. But it would be nice to see a series without a Towie star and someone from a different reality show take that towie place.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically yes. But it would be nice to see a series without a Towie star and someone from a different reality show take that towie place.

These shows you mentioned are not big in the uk though.

In general American reality television is not big in the uk
  • Options
    bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They already do that in the civilian BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bad girls club tend to get violent.. so i doubt we would get anyone from there... I do agree though.. There are alot of great reality tv people but they settle for ex towie Lauren.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member

I agree. But the thing is, TOWIE is a popular show, so if BB can get someone from it they will. It'll get a lot of the fans of the show to be at least vaguely interested in each series.

Also, it seems obvious to me that Big Brother are desperately trying to attract the demographic that watches TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, etc, so they'd probably do anything to get people from those programs into the house.
  • Options
    newgirl55newgirl55 Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually watched rock of love in the UK, Just couldn't not watch it, was so awful!

I really doubt they got paid this much money, more like £2,000 for david!!
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know where the information concerning £100K fee for Dee comes from? It seems to have been bandied about without question since before the series started. Does it have provenance?

The last time CBB fees were published in the press was back in the C4 days and then the fees were more in the 10K to 30K bracket with one or two significantly higher paid to the 'bigger' names.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Also, it seems obvious to me that Big Brother are desperately trying to attract the demographic that watches TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, etc, so they'd probably do anything to get people from those programs into the house.

Good point but I wonder why they haven't had anyone on from The Valleys which is another programme of that type
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    I'd love for Richard Hatch or Johnny Fairplay to be cast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Well, they got Mike 'The Situation' from the Jersey Shore, probably at one point the biggest reality TV show? Mike was ahead of his time. The peasants didn't even know who he was. Had the nerve to think Jersey Shore was a rip off of their Geordie Shore.

The Hills was pretty big too. But during it's prime.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JedHigh wrote: »
    Well, they got Mike 'The Situation' from the Jersey Shore, probably at one point the biggest reality TV show? Mike was ahead of his time. The peasants didn't even know who he was. Had the nerve to think Jersey Shore was a rip off of their Geordie Shore.

The Hills was pretty big too. But during it's prime.

I didn't know who he was and I can't even remember what he looked like now. Why would you call people who don't watch those shows peasants? :confused:I would have thought reality tv shows are perfect for the masses (ie peasants)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I didn't know who he was and I can't even remember what he looked like now. Why would you call people who don't watch those shows peasants? :confused:I would have thought reality tv shows are perfect for the masses (ie peasants)

I was referring to the house mates. What are you on about. Someone asked him something about Geordie Shore on the first night while introducing himself.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Real Housewives cast probably get paid more per episode than what BB could offer them. Plus they're not exactly well known over here either, unless you actually watch the show.