MTV awards

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong I am no fashionista, but looking at some of the outfits these stars rack up in, to these awards makes me wonder if they looked in the mirror first? They are absolutely hideous.

Yes they have a gorgeous body, and are sexy, and all that we know that, but for goodness sake, put something on that resembles a dress, or is flattering, or even god forbid actually classy?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought everyone was attending some sort of strippers convention or something the way everyone was dressed. Horrible! From what I remember seeing the only ones who had a touch of class was Gwen Stefani, Beyoncé,and erm....nikki minaj and kesha :o
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The MTV thing is suppose to be outrageous rock and roll thing.

So they wear weird wonderful and want to stand out.

But then the UK soap awards they look the same.:D
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    The MTV thing is suppose to be outrageous rock and roll thing.

So they wear weird wonderful and want to stand out.

But then the UK soap awards they look the same.:D

But it's full of attention-seeking shit pop acts and assorted nomarks who need to wear tacky outfits to get noticed.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it awfully tame. I mean, it's nothing like when Lil Kim came out in that breast-bearing outfit and Diana Ross actually grabbed her breast. Or when Rose McGowan showed up in that sheer number - well, it might be too ambitious to call it a dress. They've been far more scandalous in the past and far more entertaining.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there any attention grabbing performance thjs year ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Was there any attention grabbing performance thjs year ?

Not really. There was nothing remarkable at all. Beyonce was technically great but she wasn't very interesting otherwise. Taylor Swift's performance was notable only for how terrible she sounded for the few lines she did sing live.

They're just not as interesting as they used to be. You'd never have a Fiona Apple moment for instance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well i only ever watch this if theres something like the taylor swift/kanye or last years embarassing twerk. Otherwise the show is a bit dull and not for me :)
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,981
    Forum Member
    I think Beyonce looked gorgeous in her red carpet dress and her performance outfit and on the male side 5 Seconds Of Summer looked smart in their red carpet gear but I agree overall there were some hideous dresses on show (especially Amber Rose and Rita Ora)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Beyonce's performance was ICONIC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Beyonce's performance was ICONIC.

I could've done without a few songs from the album, I'll be honest. It just went on really long but she's brilliant live and was so obviously out of everyone else's league it was funny. Still prefer her Single Ladies performance from a few years ago, and her Billboard Run the World performance also from a few years ago.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Who had the wardrobe malfunction this year?
    Forum Member
    I would have preferred a JT style medley from last year with hits from across her career but then I suppose she did that at the Super Bowl last year.

That to me would have been better than the album medley, including a DC Medley with a difference. They could have done the opening to Bootylicious, all three standing on the stage, the music starts again followed by "Letoya, can you handle this, LaTavia can you handle this" and all five (relevant) members did a medley of maybe three/four DC songs. The crowd would have gone crazy in a way they did for NSYNC I think
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The VMAS just get dire and dire, showing the state of popular music. The diversity is lacking. Where are the rock bands?
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the rock bands are there doing well, but they can't compete on a popularity level with pop music that is made deliberately to be catchy and appealing and non-offensive, just in sheer terms of volume.

If rock bands appeal to say 25% of the population; pop music is really, really an industry now, and its made and marketed very carefully to appeal to 50-100% of people. So organic music can rarely compete these days. Sad truths.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Nicki M has caused outrage with her solo performance of Anaconda.:o:o:p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Well Nicki M has caused outrage with her solo performance of Anaconda.:o:o:p:D

What happened? Did the snake bite someone?
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have preferred a JT style medley from last year with hits from across her career but then I suppose she did that at the Super Bowl last year.

That to me would have been better than the album medley, including a DC Medley with a difference. They could have done the opening to Bootylicious, all three standing on the stage, the music starts again followed by "Letoya, can you handle this, LaTavia can you handle this" and all five (relevant) members did a medley of maybe three/four DC songs. The crowd would have gone crazy in a way they did for NSYNC I think
    Who are Latoya and LaTavia?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    The VMAS just get dire and dire, showing the state of popular music. The diversity is lacking. Where are the rock bands?

Problem is that's it's voted by the public. It's become the teen choice awards, so sad! So expect the usual lot next year.

Beyoncé was technically good but she doesn't evolve with her performances. Does the same usual hip shaking, hair shaking over and over. Single ladies was her best on VMA's a few years back.

I wish rock would come back so hard to wipe these pop stars of today out and this coming from a person who loves pop music.
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Who are Latoya and LaTavia?

The original two alongside Kelly and Beyoncé
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was tamed this year except for the funny moment of Nicki M. holding her dress at the beginning of the program.

I think JT was better last year than Beyonce. I am biased because I know more of JT's music that he sang last year than Beyonce's this year.