EE: I'm Sick Of This Super Spermed Sh*te S/L!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
Forum Member
✭✭
Pardon my language, but the idea that Jack could again be "the daddy" is beyond ridiculous!! I know this is a soap and stretching the realms of reality is a speciality, but this is just silly!! When the writers wrote down a description of Jack's character, was it "Walford's Sperm Bank ATM"??:confused:

Jack pretty much fell in love with Ronnie when he first arrived, and while they've had more then their fair share of ups and downs, it was obvious they had deep feelings for each other. Yet, when he was with her, he wore condoms (remember the pinhole incident?), but if he had a child with Ronnie, even accidentally, it would be believable at least.:)

But we are supposed to accept that while he was more then willing to use contraception with someone he loves, and was enraged when she tried to trick him into conceiving one (rightly so), he has no problem not wearing any protection at all for casual flings/one night stands!!:mad:

I appreciate that soaps aren't required to "teach" us values, etc., but surely, are we supposed to believe there are no consequences at this lax attitude towards contraception in this day and age?? We are supposed to believe that a man can father a child with his girlfriend's sister and cousin, and now his girlfriend, without somehow suffering in some way besides being out of pocket?? That his relationship with the "baby mama's" will somehow be fine as long as they get child support??:confused: No problems at all, it just happened, and now everyone will live happily ever after and probably in the same house to boot!!:eek:

Oh please, enough of these pathetic, daft, pointless pregnancies with no consequences whatsoever, bringing a child into the world is a serious decision to make, isn't it time soaps reflected some maturity about this??:mad:

Sorry for the long post, rant now over!:D:D:D

Comments

• ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    lol

All women going through IVF. There's no need. Let Jack Branning bang you and you'll be preggers within the month! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirley saying may the best sperm win was funny though!
  • lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a feeling neither of them will be the dad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmcd08 wrote: »

I've got the same feeling, because if it is Jack or Ricky's why would there be "deceit" on Sam's part?
  • At LastAt Last Posts: 4,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmcd08 wrote: »

No, I don't think either. But I think the clue is when Sam said that she named her son after his dad, "Richard". Ricky is "Richard" but so is
    Minty. Shirley called him by his real name, Richard, when he was checking out Heather's underwear

That's my guess anyway.
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe behind closed doors sam told jack she was on the pill?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    I've got the same feeling, because if it is Jack or Ricky's why would there be "deceit" on Sam's part?
    Sam says Ricky's the father but *somehow* Bianca finds out Jack is which suggests
    a) She only finds out Ricky's test was negative and doesn't know the result of Jack's and assumes its his since they were the only two tested
    b) She actually finds out the test result and Jack is the daddy.......

I really like Ronnie & Jack pairing but if he's Sam's baby's father then surely Ronnie wouldn't stick with him but
    She does bribe Sam to leave with mini Shrek by offering her money which she does take. Its all pointing Jack being the daddy tbh
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks spoilers suggest Jack is the father but I think there properly be a twist, nothing is ever straight forward on the show.
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    im just sick of eastenders pregnancies altogether, its getting beyond a joke now, and this is yet another 'whos the daddy storyline'! FFS give it a rest eastenders!
    i despaired when i read Kat comes back to the square.. heavily pregnant! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    im just sick of eastenders pregnancies altogether, its getting beyond a joke now, and this is yet another 'whos the daddy storyline'! FFS give it a rest eastenders!
    i despaired when i read Kat comes back to the square.. heavily pregnant! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Could Michael be the baby's father?

I don't think EE have done enough pregnancy storyline recently at all.....
  • April DancerApril Dancer Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Best post I've read in ages Maura. I'm (was) a Rack fan but am sick to death of these storylines. It's so insulting to the viewer, either they think this is what we want or they're hoping we've got short memories and have forgotten it's all been done before. Only the promise of Kat returning is keeping me watching now. Ronnie and Jack were a great pairing. Now they're just a joke.
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Are we supposed to believe that Fresh and Minty is the dad? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best post I've read in ages Maura. I'm (was) a Rack fan but am sick to death of these storylines. It's so insulting to the viewer, either they think this is what we want or they're hoping we've got short memories and have forgotten it's all been done before. Only the promise of Kat returning is keeping me watching now. Ronnie and Jack were a great pairing. Now they're just a joke.

Thank you:)! But reading the post prior to yours, I noted Kat is also pregnant, what are the odds Alfie isn't the daddy!! At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jack is.;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chessie__x wrote: »
    maybe behind closed doors sam told jack she was on the pill?

I'm sure a lot of girls say this, but as I said in my op, isn't it time soaps took a more responsible view of sex and pregnancy. The pill is by far and away the best form of contraception if taken correctly, but it doesn't protect against STD's. So if you are going to be sexually active with more then one person, you really should be using both the pill and condoms to protect as much as possible against diseases and unwanted pregnancies.:)

Which just made me think, has any of the main soaps i.e. EE, Corrie or ED had a strong sexually transmitted disease s/l recently?? It would be interesting if the likes of Maria in Corrie or someone in EE, perhaps Lucy when she returns or better still Jack, he obviously isn't a regular condom user??:D:D:D
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishmaura wrote: »
    Pardon my language, but the idea that Jack could again be "the daddy" is beyond ridiculous!! I know this is a soap and stretching the realms of reality is a speciality, but this is just silly!! When the writers wrote down a description of Jack's character, was it "Walford's Sperm Bank ATM"??:confused:

Jack pretty much fell in love with Ronnie when he first arrived, and while they've had more then their fair share of ups and downs, it was obvious they had deep feelings for each other. Yet, when he was with her, he wore condoms (remember the pinhole incident?), but if he had a child with Ronnie, even accidentally, it would be believable at least.:)

But we are supposed to accept that while he was more then willing to use contraception with someone he loves, and was enraged when she tried to trick him into conceiving one (rightly so), he has no problem not wearing any protection at all for casual flings/one night stands!!:mad:

I appreciate that soaps aren't required to "teach" us values, etc., but surely, are we supposed to believe there are no consequences at this lax attitude towards contraception in this day and age?? We are supposed to believe that a man can father a child with his girlfriend's sister and cousin, and now his girlfriend, without somehow suffering in some way besides being out of pocket?? That his relationship with the "baby mama's" will somehow be fine as long as they get child support??:confused: No problems at all, it just happened, and now everyone will live happily ever after and probably in the same house to boot!!:eek:

Oh please, enough of these pathetic, daft, pointless pregnancies with no consequences whatsoever, bringing a child into the world is a serious decision to make, isn't it time soaps reflected some maturity about this??:mad:

Sorry for the long post, rant now over!:D:D:D

My feelings exactly. I am sick to death with this storyline. It has ruined Jack's character completely and it's an insult to expect us to believe this rubbish. Even if he is meant to have used protection but it failed, it is still very unrealistic that his protection fails all the time. It is meant to fail 3% of the time. However Jack seems to be an exception as with him fails 99% of the time, considering that it did with Roxy, with Sam, even Chelsea for a moment thought she might be pregnant. Yet Ronnie never ended up pregnant when they were not using protection.:rolleyes:
    Totally pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishmaura wrote: »
    Thank you:)! But reading the post prior to yours, I noted Kat is also pregnant, what are the odds Alfie isn't the daddy!! At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jack is.;):D

I was surprised he wasn't one of the potential daddies of Heather's baby. At the end of the day it happened in R&R and he seems to be the best chance to women of Walford having babies.:rolleyes:

Please EE stop this. Not to mention the risk of STD-s.
    All these man and women in their late thirties, early forties being so irresponsible and having unprotected sex.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a Branning thing. Look at Jack's relatives:

Carol - has 4 kids with 4 different fathers
    Bianca - 5 kids with 5 different fathers
    Max - 4 kids with 2 mothers
    Jack 4 (possible) kids with 4 mothers

I does not bode well for Abi, Lauren, Tiffany, LIam, Morgan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »

However Jack is the only one that keeps it in the family, which makes it even more wrong for EE to do this.
  • NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bianca has three biological children. Whitney isn't hers. Liam and Tiffany are Ricky's and Morgan is someone elses. I make that two fathers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lilirose wrote: »
    However Jack is the only one that keeps it in the family, which makes it even more wrong for EE to do this.

You must be psychic!!:D:D:D

But now Ronnie has been a very very naughty girl, guess that means no wedding, and Jack has a full set of "baby mamas"!!

Way to go, Jack!!! Think it's time for old snippity-do-da!!;)
    :D:D:D
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this when Chelsea was wondering whether she was pregnant (though later she said they used protection) - would he really be that careless?!

To be honest its made his character look like a effing idiot, and their relationship stupid. I doubt Ronnie would really stay with a man that fathered a kid by her sister and potentially even, one by her cousin.
  • RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of Jack. He's only there to sprog up the women so they can argue amongst themselves. He riles me, as does Scott Malsden whatever his name is, his 'acting' gets right on my wick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of Jack. He's only there to sprog up the women so they can argue amongst themselves. He riles me, as does Scott Malsden whatever his name is, his 'acting' gets right on my wick.

AGREE 100%, i can't stand ronnie, roxie or sam also and with ronnie being pregnant it looks like they will be dominating the xmas storyline boring :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Jack first came in to the show they eluded to Jack's dark past. And yet that all seems to have been completely forgotten and all he does now is get half the square up the duff.

Jack seems to make (almost) everybody pregnant in the blink of an eye, even with using protection.

It's like the writers have completely run out of ideas of what to do with Jack and this storyline is just plain lazy and repetitive.
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As said BIanca is only at 2. One is her step daughter. And Max having 4 kids with 2 mothers is actually rather normal(even though he only has 3 now by 1 mother). Lots of people have second marriages and have more kids these days.