Moving On - BBC1 - 14.00

SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
Forum Member
I watched this today and it was very touching and beautifully acted. Why on earth is this series on in the afternoon? It deserves an evening slot......I will have to watch the others on i-player. What did you all think?

Comments

• snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it as well plus am enjoying having something decent to watch in the afternoons lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Oh damn I missed this, will definitely iplayer it. I'm looking forward to the one with John Simm; one of my favourite actors.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    It is a bit strange really i did not really know what i was watching it was like a 40 minute PIF very strange and what's with the Moviiiinnnnnnnngggg onnnnnnn theme tune :confused:
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this mini series last time and as soon as it was advertized at the weekend, I went and V+ the series. Thought I wouldn't be able to watch it today b ut did and thought it was just so well acted. As someone else said, why on earth is this type of programme not on of an evening?
    Very touching topic I thought.
    More of this quality tv is needed instead of some of the rubbish that's thrown at us.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Set the sky+ for this one and am really looking forward to watching....loved the last series. Noticed a Ben Fogle prog on BBC 2 at the same time which looked quite good too.
  • snuffle_-_uksnuffle_-_uk Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone know if this is a repeat from last year?
  • SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    with some very good actors scheduled.........Roy Marsden, Anna Massay, John Sim to name but 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Rather enjoyed today's, but didn't think the ending was very good. Can't imagine the other guy would be pushed out so soon, having been pretty much that little girls Dad for 4 years.
    Personally I think it would have been nice to see the real Dad, and the other guy meeting the daughter from school together?

Maybe I just want happier endings. :p Still, I did feel it was a bit unrealistic.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a sad one today.A three way love triangle about a woman living with her partner and daughter,whose ex (John Simm) is released from prison and who wants to get back with her and the girl,who he is the father of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's another Jimmy McGovern series coming up soon on BBC called Accused - six separate one hour plays which begin with someone in the dock and then give the story leading up to them being there. Actors include Christopher Eccleston and Juliet Stephenson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for the guy who was the woman's partner in today's one.He decides to move out when he realises she is still in love with her ex,but you can see he is gutted,as he loves both her and the girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    There's another Jimmy McGovern series coming up soon on BBC called Accused - six separate one hour plays which begin with someone in the dock and then give the story leading up to them being there. Actors include Christopher Eccleston and Juliet Stephenson.

Full credit to the Beeb : it's great to see quality drama on the channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i found it boring. it was so obvious she was going to go back to him.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched all the dramas on the iplayer except for Wednesday's which I saw on tele when it was going out. Brilliant first class dramas. Great stories and superb acting. Looking forward to next week's "Moving On" series.Full credit indeed to BBC.:)
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only started watching because I read John Simm was going to be on it, havent been able to watch his episode yet, have it recorded waiting, loved Mondays one, really well acted, wanted to slap the selfish sister in that one, it was nice to see them going to Australia together, why should this be an evening show? I am of work with shoulder problems at the moment, and it is great seeing something worthwhile watching in the afternoon, and not just dross :D
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Maybe a link would help.

Anne, in her early forties, is divorced with one grown up son, Chris. She gave up work a couple of years ago to care for her mother Bella, who's suffering from Alzheimers. It's difficult, but she copes - even though her self-obsessed sister Lynne offers as little help as she can get away with. Anne has very few opportunities to meet another man, and has no social life to speak of.

Not enough hours in the day to keep up with this, even though it sounds like there are some quality actors involved.

Edit: To the OP's question Why on earth is this series on in the afternoon? It deserves an evening slot
    Why should those watching TV during the day not get a quality/interesting/challenging product?
    Especially considering how the unemployment figures are due to rise, we'll need something proper to watch during the day.

Maybe the BBC should promote it in the evenings for those might want to catch-up via Iplayer.
    Then again the BBC isn't very good at promoting it's own product, especially BBC4's output IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what the song was playing in the John Simm episode, when the woman's new partner says good-bye to the daughter and leaves the house and gets into a car?

I've done a google search of the lyrics but no joy. It wasn't listed on the credits at the end of the programme.

Lyrics in the chorus went:

'Ring those bells, for now I'm coming home. My search is done, you know I'm growing old.'

TIA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    really like Moving on ... best drama on tv
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why it's on of a daytime! It's such a good programme you would think it would have a prime evening spot.
    I have V+ a few of them which I have yet to watch.
    Really good powerful stories.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched losing my religion today on Iplayer, with Nico Mirallego. I quite enjoyed it. I think it's nice to have something like this on during the day time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00w0b50/hd/Moving_On_Series_2_Losing_My_Religion/
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched losing my religion today on Iplayer, with Nico Mirallego. I quite enjoyed it. I think it's nice to have something like this on during the day time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00w0b50/hd/Moving_On_Series_2_Losing_My_Religion/

I've just watched that ep now. I was bawling my eyes out:(
    I know someone who went through something similar.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo2008 wrote: »
    I've just watched that ep now. I was bawling my eyes out:(
    I know someone who went through something similar.

It was quite sad at times, shame they didn't use a better actor to portray Jamie. Still, Nico is nice to look at:D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I caught this quite by accident, being off sick on Wednesday. Have sky+ the rest now.

I agree that these could be on primetime and do very well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These gems from the last fortnight have been absolutely wasted in the timeslots they've been given. I've been recording them and have watched them over the last few days but others will have missed them as they haven't been given the primetime exposure they deserve.

Having said that they are timeless on the whole so when the celebrity-obessed bubble has burst maybe they'll be given a deserved primetime slot.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Hullboy wrote: »
    These gems from the last fortnight have been absolutely wasted in the timeslots they've been given. I've been recording them and have watched them over the last few days but others will have missed them as they haven't been given the primetime exposure they deserve.

Having said that they are timeless on the whole so when the celebrity-obessed bubble has burst maybe they'll be given a deserved primetime slot.

Look, here link to the first series and you'll see how the programs were repeated on BBC one in the 22:30 slot and a few other slots.
    They'll still be 'timeless' in a few months when they'll probably get their nighttime repeat.

I don't know what celeb obsessed culture has got to do with the scheduling of this either.
    If TV was that celeb obsessed it wouldn't have been greenlighted in the first place.
    What is the point you're trying to make?

Isn't it a good thing that there's some quality drama being aired during daytime?