Top Gear

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode tonight - this series is shaping up quite well. Wish the final feature had been longer though and not really enough James May tonight. Vettel was a decent guest though and loved Clarkson chucking the old Stig's laptime away :D.

Looking forward to next weeks "accidents and a small fire" - sounds like a challenge. Hopefully it won't be so heavily/obviously scripted.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Good episode tonight.Liked the bit about the second hand cars.Some cracking buys.But most were cheap for a reason.High running costs,tax,insurance,servicing costs,fuel consumption.Strange territory for Top Gear but well done for doing it.
    Good cars if you don't do a big mileage,or just keep them for weekends.That big Merc looked awesome value.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a very good episode tonight. May be because it was less jokey as Clarkson alluded to himself at the end of the show.

I loved the soundtrack during May's bit.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    What's going on? Another decent effort from Top Gear.

Could they actually have been listening to the widespread criticism of recent series?

Keep it up.
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was a better episode than last week's. :)

I was curious as to whether or not any new car on sale still had window winders and thanks to Jeremy Clarkson's thorough journalism (!) , the Indian built Nissan Pixo still has them. :)

I have a dislike for BMWs but I really like Richard's burgandy 850i with the pop-up headlights. :cool: Looks the part even for a 17 year old car.

If I had £6995 to spend on a flash motor then I would like a Porsche 928S. :cool:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Mercedes that Jeremy bought for £6995. imo it's one of the most beautiful cars they've ever produced and I much prefer it to the current model.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Jeremy kill a little duckling??
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never buy a second hand car :eek:

I want that merc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I love the Mercedes that Jeremy bought for £6995. imo it's one of the most beautiful cars they've ever produced and I much prefer it to the current model.

I prefer the newer cl, I really didn't like the frog eye period mercedes went through.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will never buy a second hand car :eek:

If I ever got a second hand car the insides would have to be scrubbed out and valeted!! :eek:
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    ProgRocker wrote: »

I was curious as to whether or not any new car on sale still had window winders and thanks to Jeremy Clarkson's thorough journalism (!) , the Indian built Nissan Pixo still has them. :)

I have a dislike for BMWs but I really like Richard's burgandy 850i with the pop-up headlights. :cool: Looks the part even for a 17 year old car.

If I had £6995 to spend on a flash motor then I would like a Porsche 928S. :cool:

What year would you go for? You could re-inact Risky Business, or Weird Science.

One of my favourite cars. I was offered the chance to drive one, about 3 years ago, but I turned it down, it was left hand drive.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Did Jeremy kill a little duckling??
    Only a CGI one. Honest!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tron Legacy soundtrack is getting hammered - Two weeks running now they’ve used great chunks of it. Awesome music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The nicest sportsmen I have ever seen no snobbery, no full of himself just a genuinely nice guy.

If only all sportsmen were like Vettel.

He did come across really well.

I'm a fan anyway, but you can never be sure how your sporting heroes will fare on entertainment shows. He was really charming though.

I would have a crush if I wasn't too old for that sort of thing. :D
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Only a CGI one. Honest!

Phew!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    ProgRocker wrote: »
    Much better episode this week......but knew it wasn't going to be the real Cher, that James was picking up...she/him.:)
    And I want one of those Sand Buggy's...<cool>
    The nicest sportsmen I have ever seen no snobbery, no full of himself just a genuinely nice guy.

Sebastian....one of the Good one's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I thought he'd have done his 'finger' afterwards...
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What year would you go for? You could re-inact Risky Business, or Weird Science.

Maybe the late 1980s-1990s one with the 5 litre V8 and the new front and rear bumper treatment. :) Always liked the loo of the bug-eyed headlamps in the wings. :D I guess a 968 would be cheaper to run though. :o

Have seen Wierd Science but not familiar with 'Risky Business' (have heard that film used in conjuction witht he 928 on a car related forum I visit). Must check it out. :cool:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been away all week so I've just seen last week's episode. I have very little interest in F1 and I wouldn't recognise Vettel if I saw him so I was just about to fast forward through the Reasonably Priced Car segment, but I'm pleased I didn't. He really did come across as a really nice guy.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Trust Clarksons car to have "white powder" and "herbal material" as well as other intimate bits and pieces!

Typical condition for one of my ex-bosses cars during his wilder times.
    You name the top end brand he had them, treated them like $hite too maccie d littered over the backseats, lots of toot to be found if they did a similar test on his cars, sometimes gambled them away too.

The Beemer and Merc big Coupes always fall out of bed valuewise, don't know why, they just do.
    Cracking toys as long as nothing goes wrong with the electric toys.
    Stick them on LPG and drive them until bits start falling off.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 minutes in and already the Tron Legacy soundtrack has been used!
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a nice image painted of Camilla there! :eek:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the newer cl, I really didn't like the frog eye period mercedes went through.

That's probably why I liked it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    V16 9litre.. christ.. I'd have to sell a kidney to fill the tank.
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some nice skirt in the background tonight. Seen a couple worth a poke.
This discussion has been closed.