Asda extra hot vindaloo

BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,992
Forum Member
Anyone else tried these, they are seriously hot, hotter than a proper takeaway vindaloo. My mouth's burning now. They are nice though :D:cry:

Comments

• far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Sainsburys now do ready meal 'chicken phals' - I bought one to see what it was like. It was very hot.
  • wcewce Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    Sainsburys now do ready meal 'chicken phals' - I bought one to see what it was like. It was very hot.

If I am honest IMO the Asda scorcing Vindaloo is hotter than the sainsburys Phal which really is only worthy of a normal supermarket vindaloo - the asda one is the hottest supermarket curry I have tried and very nice it is too.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I love hot food as a veggie and bought a Patak's Phaal sauce the other day. I haven't used it yet, is it any good?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love hot food as a veggie and bought a Patak's Phaal sauce the other day. I haven't used it yet, is it any good?

Yea I had one, has like 5 or 6 chillies on the Jar.

Not brilliant and not that hot really and I like Pataks generally.
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    It's too hot for me. Nice though..
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Anyone else tried these, they are seriously hot, hotter than a proper takeaway vindaloo. My mouth's burning now. They are nice though :D:cry:

Are these from the deli in the meal deal or on the shelf?. I tried the Asda madras from the deli and it was quite mild and intended on getting the vindaloo next time.
  • FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I didn't find it that hot.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them nice and hot but not hot too to put you off. Out of all the supermarkets I find Asda's curries the best tasting.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    wce wrote: »
    If I am honest IMO the Asda scorcing Vindaloo is hotter than the sainsburys Phal which really is only worthy of a normal supermarket vindaloo - the asda one is the hottest supermarket curry I have tried and very nice it is too.

Well, if you'd tried both I'll take your word for it, - I don't normally go to asda, but if I ever do I'll pick one up
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    My friend who is a chilli freak had one earlier and said it had quite a bite.

I asked for comparisons and he said it was hotter than the Wetherspoon's Phaal that they used to offer but not as hot as his local chinese special schezuan beef (he knows the chef and he ups the level for him).

He also said it had a nice flavour for a supermarket curry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's nice but too hot for me. Their Madras is excellent though.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I thought Sharwoods Madras was uncomfortably hot, but it's useful for covering up cheap bits of meat.