Options

Existing customers

hineyho87hineyho87 Posts: 16
Forum Member
Hi all,

Before i get slatted, i'm not trying to get something for nothing, i'm just getting annoyed at paying full price when there are discounts out there

I've recently downgraded my package to reduce costs and now only have the entertainment package.

I've seen a load of 12mth half price offers for new customers, but just wondered what to expect as an existing customer. I'd be sticking with the entertainment package only. I also have my phone and internet with sky as well

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you're already on the bare bones package, so doesn't leave any haggling room really.
    the point to look for any deals would have been when you downgraded.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    I used to have Broadband and Entertainment+ and with TV the broadband was reduced from £10 to £7.50.

And few months ago I cancelled all TV with them but kept the Broadband. Yes I have had some half price offered but as I cancelled it because I wasn't watching it and couldn't afford it, I won't be going back.

The good thing is that as I'm not getting any TV with them, my broadband should have gone back up to £10, however, so far it's still at the TV inclusive price of £7.50. I won't be telling them about their error. :D
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    hineyho87 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Before i get slatted, i'm not trying to get something for nothing, i'm just getting annoyed at paying full price when there are discounts out there

I've recently downgraded my package to reduce costs and now only have the entertainment package.

I've seen a load of 12mth half price offers for new customers, but just wondered what to expect as an existing customer. I'd be sticking with the entertainment package only. I also have my phone and internet with sky as well

Thanks in advance

If you go to the Top Cashback website then there are lots of offers there for existing customers,
    it is well worth a look at least www.topcashback.co.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know cashback sites offered deals for existing customers.

Linky - http://www.topcashback.co.uk/sky-digital-upgrades/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    you're already on the bare bones package, so doesn't leave any haggling room really.

I thought that mite be the case. When i cancelled the other bits, the offers didnt suit me. I didnt watch these channels, so to pay more than the basic package to have these didnt seem worthwhile.

Will give them a call and see wot they say
    I used to have Broadband and Entertainment+ and with TV the broadband was reduced from £10 to £7.50.

And few months ago I cancelled all TV with them but kept the Broadband. Yes I have had some half price offered but as I cancelled it because I wasn't watching it and couldn't afford it, I won't be going back.

The good thing is that as I'm not getting any TV with them, my broadband should have gone back up to £10, however, so far it's still at the TV inclusive price of £7.50. I won't be telling them about their error. :D

Cheers, we've only got the light broadband as dont use the internet enough to justify paying extra for unlimited
    If you go to the Top Cashback website then there are lots of offers their for existing customers,
    it is well worth a look at least www.topcashback.co.uk

Will check this out.

Thanks for all the replies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance

I cancelled my EE subscription back in September this year.

Since then I've received 3 mailshots asking me to come back with a 50% discount for 12 months.

Last weekend Sky rang me and offered me a 75% discount on any package for 12 months. I took EE+ at £8 a month!
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Just cancel - and wait (probably less than a week). I took a renewal with "only" a 40% discount, including Sports, as I did not want to be seen to be being "unfair" to those paying full price! :)
  • Options
    peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    I think you are wrong you can get a better deal, as you can see below
    mikezero wrote: »

Since then I've received 3 mailshots asking me to come back with a 50% discount for 12 months.

Last weekend Sky rang me and offered me a 75% discount on any package for 12 months. I took EE+ at £8 a month!
    TeeGee wrote: »
    Just cancel - and wait (probably less than a week). I took a renewal with "only" a 40% discount, including Sports, as I did not want to be seen to be being "unfair" to those paying full price! :)

£8 seems a good deal, can anyone beat that ?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Was the sky offer as new or existing customer? If existing, did you cancel sky first before they offered this deal?
    TeeGee wrote: »

Ok, will speak to them and see wot they say. Will also price up competetors, as i havent got any issue with cancelling if can get better deal elsewhere
    peter05 wrote: »
    I think you are wrong you can get a better deal, as you can see below

£8 seems a good deal, can anyone beat that ?

Hopefully they can do me a good deal. I'm not asking for much from them and i'm happy to take out new contract, just bit annoyed that i'm paying full price when others seem to continually have big discounts
  • Options
    pogitpogit Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky had stopped offering existing customer discounts because to many people had them and came to expect them, I was told I would not be getting any more from the senior escalation team. I reduce my pack to the minimum and gave my 31 days notice.

That was a few months ago, I am now constantly reciving offers. I have 50% off all packs for 12 months 75% off multiscreens. And before the sky fanboys moan I'm happy to have them and I return sky's kindness to me buy upgrading my packages to include things I would not buy at full price so they get more or the same money from me and I get more for my money.....
    £10.75 per extra box is a ridiculous price, when or if sky bring in planner sharing if the use there brains they will coner the market but the need to get a shift on as tablets an other providers are zooming in on the market.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pogit wrote: »
    Sky had stopped offering existing customer discounts because to many people had them and came to expect them, I was told I would not be getting any more from the senior escalation team. I reduce my pack to the minimum and gave my 31 days notice.

That was a few months ago, I am now constantly reciving offers. I have 50% off all packs for 12 months 75% off multiscreens. And before the sky fanboys moan I'm happy to have them and I return sky's kindness to me buy upgrading my packages to include things I would not buy at full price so they get more or the same money from me and I get more for my money.....
    £10.75 per extra box is a ridiculous price, when or if sky bring in planner sharing if the use there brains they will coner the market but the need to get a shift on as tablets an other providers are zooming in on the market.

Thanks for the reply. 50% sounds nice. Will see how i get one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So i cancelled my sky as they could do anything for me. I've just received a call from sky and the bloke said that id put my cancellation request in.

He offered me 35% off for 12 mths with no contract. I asked about 50% offer as seen loads of new customer offers and other existing custs have said they've had these. He stated they havent done these since last month?!? and 35% was best offer.

Im still unsure if im going to say or change to another provider. But just wondered if this was correct? Do they still do 50% offers??

Thanks
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had a phone call off Sky earlier because I cancelled my subscription with them 2 months ago. They offered me 75% off the full package for 12 months with no contract, I just could not turn down an offer like that, it worked out at about £14 something a month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cooltv wrote: »
    I had a phone call off Sky earlier because I cancelled my subscription with them 2 months ago. They offered me 75% off the full package for 12 months with no contract, I just could not turn down an offer like that, it worked out at about £14 something a month.

Cheers for the reply. I only cancelled like a day ago and received a call today. I dont know whether to hold out for better deal than 35% or if thats just greedy. If i stick with my cancellation, i'll be with a new provider so wont be able to change then.

Its still a nice saving, but 75% sounds loads better
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the reply. I only cancelled like a day ago and received a call today. I dont know whether to hold out for better deal than 35% or if thats just greedy. If i stick with my cancellation, i'll be with a new provider so wont be able to change then.

Its still a nice saving, but 75% sounds loads better

They phoned me the day after I cancelled and offered me 50% off but I declined the offer because I had already been getting 75% off before I cancelled. This will be my 2nd year now with 75% off, they thing to do is to refuse your custom until they give you a price that your happy to pay. I am not currently working and simply cannot afford Sky at £51 a month and I tell them this and alot of the time we end up coming to a price that is affordable. When they phoned me up yesterday they were more concerned than ever when they asked which TV provider I was currently with and when I told them I had a Youview box with TalkTalk (free recording)
  • Options
    GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I was on an offer of half price broadband for a year, half price sports for 3 months and half price line rental for 6 months.
    The line rental went up to normal price last month, and the sports was going up next month. Worked it out that it would cost me £83 next month. The wife's going on maternity at end of year and wants me to add the movies, so rang up and they offered me half price sports for a year and half price line rental for a year, and when I add the movies next month it will only be £4 for 6 months!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GeeEm wrote: »
    I was on an offer of half price broadband for a year, half price sports for 3 months and half price line rental for 6 months.
    The line rental went up to normal price last month, and the sports was going up next month. Worked it out that it would cost me £83 next month. The wife's going on maternity at end of year and wants me to add the movies, so rang up and they offered me half price sports for a year and half price line rental for a year, and when I add the movies next month it will only be £4 for 6 months!

Cheers for the reply. Think thats where i lose out as only want the basic package.

Sky meant be calling me back, so wil see how i get on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was the sky offer as new or existing customer? If existing, did you cancel sky first before they offered this deal?

I was an existing customer until September this year when I cancelled everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was an existing customer until September this year when I cancelled everything.

Cheers for reply. Will see how i get on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Phoned Sky today as want to upgrade to HD to access the box set etc. already have everything with Sky as Sky+ customer (TV, phone, line rental, sports and movies). I spoke to the HD people to sort that out then phoned the cancellation people who effectively offered me nothing after several years with Sky, just 4 months movies at £4 and lots of talk about how I'm a valued customer etc so I cancelled my movies and sports. I'll see if I get a call back, but not hopeful and am thinking of moving my phone and broadband to BT also as quite disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just called to cancel Sky Movies & was given Movies free for three months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just thought id let you know, sky called me the other day (just under 2 weeks after giving my 31 days notice and offered me 50% off for 12mths with no contract. This was on the basic package, but he said if i upgraded would get it off the whole package (didnt take this up as wont to reduce costs).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    pjaz wrote: »
    Phoned Sky today as want to upgrade to HD to access the box set etc. already have everything with Sky as Sky+ customer (TV, phone, line rental, sports and movies). I spoke to the HD people to sort that out then phoned the cancellation people who effectively offered me nothing after several years with Sky, just 4 months movies at £4 and lots of talk about how I'm a valued customer etc so I cancelled my movies and sports. I'll see if I get a call back, but not hopeful and am thinking of moving my phone and broadband to BT also as quite disappointed.

Update - phoned Sky back to see if they could offer me a deal on my Phone/Broadband as considering move to BT Infinity (£16 for 3 months, then £23 plus £100 Sainsburys vouchers). They offered me their Fibre Optic unlimited broadband at £10 per month with no installation charge (usually £50) plus he also offered me half price Sport and Movies for 3 months so took that deal.
  • Options
    nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    For information ....
    I canceled Sky giving the 30 day notice in October.
    I was called within a week and offered a 50% discount for a year but I turned it down.
    The TV went off as projected last week in November.
    We were away on holiday first 2 weeks of December and on return I had 20+ missed calls on my home phone, on investigation one particular number had called 12 times, I Googled it and it was a Sky number.
    The following morning, just after 9 we had a call - from Sky.
    I accepted their kind offer of 75% off for 12 months.

Nobby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Hi
    I have sky he x2 multi room. The nice young lady gave me till August multi room and hd and sky world for £66. I have been with sky since day 1 as I am disabled and tv is my best entertainment. If you speak to them nicely they are very helpfu. Oh and I have sky go to. All without sky phone line and broadband.