Corrie 27/01/14: Sawfie The Sleuth

Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,428
Forum Member
Cobbleheads! :)

Welcome to the first Corrie thread of the week.

Thanks to Aggie and dullagj2 for the last two episodes threads.

Hope you all had a good weekend .

Due to work reasons, I won’t have Net access for much of the day next Monday (3rd February) so Agatha will be having a double header for the first time (:o;-) ) and I’ll be doing the honours on Wednesday (5th February).

Last week we left Roy dealing with the aftermath of Hayley’s death. It will probably come as no surprise that there’s more of the same tonight. If you want to find out just what else is in store then full details can, as always, be found by clicking below….

First Episode
Fiz overhears Anna and Roy talking and suspects that Hayley's death wasn't all it seemed.

When Fiz confesses her fears to Carla, she realises she's onto something. She decides to confront Roy, but will he tell her the truth?

Meanwhile, Gail is concerned as Nick slouches about the house, unable to face going to the Bistro. She blames Leanne for giving up on her husband, but Leanne knows she did everything she could to save her marriage. Saddened to hear of their break-up, Kal offers to keep an eye on Nick. Will he be able to bring him out of his depression?

Elsewhere, nursing a bruised face, Tim laps up Sally's praise as he continues to crack on that the intruder was a burly man, but Sophie's not so sure. Sophie tackles Maddie about the attempted burglary, and Maddie can't help being impressed by her nous.

Also, Tracy is irked when Amy says she'd rather stay with Michelle at The Rovers.

Finally, Dev and Kal discuss the idea of opening a local gym together.

Writer: Julie Jones

Second Episode
Roy admits to a devastated Fiz that Hayley took her own life. Full of fury that Roy never told her of Hayley's plans, Fiz condemns Roy and Anna for lying to her.

Carla later comforts Fiz, reminding her that Roy needs her. Can Fiz bring herself to forgive Roy?

Meanwhile, Kal advises Nick that it's possible to move on from a marriage, but Nick coldly points out that Kal's wife died whereas Leanne is still alive. Hurt, Kal leaves Nick to wallow. Later, Stella feels a twinge of attraction as she serves Kal in the Bistro, but Kal has his eye on another…

Elsewhere, Maddie commends Sophie on her detective work and makes Sophie blush when she remarks on how pretty she is. Sophie reveals to Steph that Maddie broke into Number 4 and they tease Tim by picking holes in his story in front of an oblivious Sally.

Also, Beth tries to cook a meal, but realises she's no domestic goddess and resolves to get her job back.

Writer: Jane Hollinson

Discuss here!

Comments

• Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,428
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the penultimate Corrie Challenge score update for January.

Last week dullagj2 climbed 14 places up the Leaderboard to snatch the Top Spot.

Here’s how things stand with a week to go…

{} Last week’s chart position is in brackets
    () Points increase since last week is in brackets

{01} 01) Carla's Cheekbones [Man: dullagj2] – 256 points (+60)
    {06} 02) First Timer [Man: ps1982] – 245 points (+62)
    {18} 03) Roy Derails The Rolls [Man: FM Lover] – 244 points (+81)
    {13} 04) brb's Bistro Bonanza [Man: brb] – 238 points (+73)
    {02} 05) Norris and his Gobstoppers [Man: Beaurepaire] – 235 points (+43)

{05} 06) The Woodentops [Man: lotty27] – 234 points (+49)
    {03} 07) Corriechristmaswonders [Man: kwynne42] – 233 points (+44)
    {09} 08) Untitled User [Man: JR_THE LEGEND] - 231 points (+55)
    {07} 09) Vicars and Tarts [Man: Major Chudley] – 228 points (+46)
    {08} 10) The Violators [Man: MsWilder11] – 227 points (+47)

{10} 11) Gail's Olive Suppliers [Man: Seymour Butts] – 222 points (+47)
    {11} 12) No Name [Man: Lewi26] – 221 points (+47)
    {04} 13) Taser Tracy Today [Man: newlampwick] – 213 points (+26)
    {20} 14) The Stuffed Marrows: [Man: AppleCobbler123] – 211 points (+50)
    {14} 15) David’s Army [Man: Cuishla] – 211 points (+46)

{12} 16) Roy's Rollers [Man: Lynchpin] – 210 points (+38)
    {17} 17) Simon’s Disciples [Man: Oldnjaded] - 207 points (+43)
    {15} 18) Jump's Corrie Watch [Man: JumptheQueue] – 206 points (+41)
    {16} 19) Better Call Saul-phie [Man: Belligerence] – 204 points (+40)
    {22} 20) Bornadick's Un-quality Street [Man: CollieWobbles] – 203 points (+47)

{21} 21) Croppers Cripplers [Man: Little Leigh] – 201 points (+44)
    {19} 22) Norris With Attitude [Man: SMIDSYmk2] – 195 points (+33)
    {23} 23) Roy Division [Man: Justonecornetto] – 191 points (+37)
    {25} 24) Roy's Rollers [Man: SULLA] – 183 points (+35)
    {26} 25) Jason Grimshaw’s Whoppers [Man: agatha_crispies] – 181 points (+35)

{27} 26) Eva's Beg Tets [Man: rhumble] – 180 points (+35)
    {28} 27) Tracy Barlow's Angels [Man: SoapAddict101] – 178 points (+44)
    {24} 28) Bettabuys [Man: mccaffep] – 173 points (+23)
    {29} 29) Craig’s Corrie Chums [Man: cragsby] – 161 points (+34)
    {31} 30) No Name [Man: prehensile] – 120 points (+38)

{30} 31) No Name [Man: d0lphin] – 112 points (+17)

Congratulations to dullagj2 who holds onto the Top Spot for a second consecutive week. Five episodes can make a lot of difference so whether he’ll manage to hold on until the end of the month remains to be seen.

Congratulations to FM Lover who is the highest climber of the week with an fifteen place leap from 18th to 3rd. He is also the only person to get a points increase in excess of 80 points this week.

And well done to prehensile, SoapAddict101, rhumble, Aggie, SULLA, CollieWobbles, AppleCobbler123, JR_THE LEGEND, brb and ps1982 who all climb the chart this week as well.

The maximum possible score this month is 268 points from the following “Dream Team”.

01) Roy – 34 (x2) = 68 points
    02) Hayley – 30 points
    03) Carla – 29 points
    04) Peter – 24 points
    05) Nick – 22 points

06=) Anna –18 points
    06=) Leanne – 18 points
    08) Liz – 16 points
    09) Eva – 15 points
    10=) Eileen – 14 points
    10=) Todd – 14 points
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for the thread/challenge RK :)

Ah, so there'll be lots of Fiz, which is bad enough, but Fiz in screeching fishwife mode? Oh dear God...

Choosing between Tracy and Michelle is like choosing between a rock and a hard place; poor Amy! :(
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great start to the thread RK! :)

Hopefully I can hold onto the top spot in both challenges. Will the final results be posted on t'Wednesday?

Evening Ms Wilder, were you skiving on Friday? *rolls eyes*

and everyone else yet to come! Brace yourselves for Fiz overload tonight. I wish Roy would throw some laxatives in her food, stop the sh1t coming out her mouth.

At least we've only a week to wait for Corrie spin-off, The Tuna Show, to resume.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Evening Ms Wilder, where you skiving on Friday? *rolls eyes*

:o Like I'd ever do that! >:(:p

'Twas my friend's birthday night out so I had a date with mucho booze and cheesy pop tunes until dawn :cool:
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,428
    Forum Member

Hopefully I can hold onto the top spot in both challenges. Will the final results be posted on t'Wednesday?

I'll probably post The Corrie Challenge results on the Wednesday thread and The 'Daily Challenge results on Jack's Tuesday thread. :)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening again RK :)

Hello there Cobbleheads :D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening again, RK :)

Aggie's 'double header'? Oh dear god, noooooooo. :o
  • SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member

Evening Ms Wilder, were you skiving on Friday? *rolls eyes*

and everyone else yet to come! Brace yourselves for Fiz overload tonight. I wish Roy would throw some laxatives in her food, stop the sh1t coming out her mouth.

At least we've only a week to wait for Corrie spin-off, The Tuna Show, to resume.

BIB: :D:D:D

Evening everyone, Tracy Barlows Angels are doing awful in the challenge this month! :o:cry:
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    Evening all, thank you so much for the thread, hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.

Nice to see my 15 place climb on the leader board, still mulling over my February options now.

Anyway off to prepare the dinner, catch you all at 7.30 for round one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    :o Like I'd ever do that! >:(:p

'Twas my friend's birthday night out so I had a date with mucho booze and cheesy pop tunes until dawn :cool:
    Aw so you're still hungover then? :D
    I'll probably post The Corrie Challenge results on the Wednesday thread and The 'Daily Challenge results on Jack's Tuesday thread. :)
    Ok, thanks. :)
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Evening again, RK :

Double the smut. :D Just think two aggie reviews for the price of one..........as well as the return of Tuna. :cool:

O/T- Does SallyArmy still post on here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw so you're still hungover then? :D

Pffft! :D 2/3 day hangovers are a looooong way off yet! It's the power of yoof and all that ;-):cool::D:p
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all:) Ta again RK, and well done again Dullag, staying top in both challenges is seriously impressive:D

Is Fiz going to be wailing like a banshee giving birth to a cannonball tonight? >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

O/T- Does SallyArmy still post on here?

She hated the Roy/Hayley story, so hopefully she'll be back soon now the worst of it's over. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Pffft! :D 2/3 day hangovers are a looooong way off yet! It's the power of yoof and all that ;-):cool:
    Haha, well it doesn't take much to get me drunk. :D
    Evening all:) Ta again RK, and well done again Dullag, staying top in both challenges is seriously impressive:D

Is Fiz going to be wailing like a banshee giving birth to a cannonball tonight?
    Thanks Collie. I've been told I've great stamina except when it comes to drinking. ;-)

I'm picturing Fiz half naked on a wrecking ball hurtling towards Roys Rolls. :o
    She hated the Roy/Hayley story, so hopefully she'll be back soon now the worst of it's over. :)
    Yeah I miss her on here. :(
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the fred.

I may watch this evening, solely for David Neilson's acting.
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening again, RK :)

Why does that sound so filthy?:blush:

Thanks for the thread RK.:)

Well done to dj in the challenge so far. :kitty: I've slipped down to 12th. So much for my early promise.:cry:

I
  • Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evenin all. I have ear plugs ready, I can't decide what's more annoying Fiz or Sawphie whine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Evening all,,,thanks for the thread

This looks like a poor episode, i think i might watch jump at 8pm instead of the second ep

I would have thought SallyArmy would be back now its over
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Evening all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barely ten seconds in and Fiz has invaded :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evenin all. I have ear plugs ready, I can't decide what's more annoying Fiz or Sawphie whine

I've still got mine in from Emmerdale. :o
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fiz already with the staring eyes >:(>:(
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the betting that Fiz is going to be a nasty, selfish bitch tonight?
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening all, ta for the thread. :)
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's our Craig!

Where's he been hiding??