Options

Do Sky really offer 75% off?

daza1978daza1978 Posts: 493
Forum Member
Ive heard Sky can offer 50% off to customers who have left but do Sky ever offer more? Is 75% true?

Comments

• Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    daza1978 wrote: »
    Ive heard Sky can offer 50% off to customers who have left but do Sky ever offer more? Is 75% true?
    I have never been offered more than half price movies! I don't think what they offer follows any rules!
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I let Sky TV 5 weeks ago and just had a 50% off everything for 12 months offer through the post, a mate on the IOM has had a couple of 75% off everything for 12 months offers and a everything free for a few months offer.

I might be tempted returning for 75% off everything, but I haven't really missed Sky that much so I'd have to think about it.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    75% off for 12 months or everything free for 6 months (no contract with either) seem to be their best offers. You have to cancel to get these offers though, you're not going to get them just by calling up and asking for them.
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cancelled just before Christmas (gave notice middle of November) and apart from 1 phone call during the notice period offering me £10 pm discount (I declined :) ) I've had no more offers from them.
  • Options
    nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    I am on £32 per month for everything in HD to two TV's ( movies,sports,all other basic channels ).
    I know someone who has been on this for a couple of years and was well peeved at paying more than them. I cancelleled Sky last Oct giving notice. I was called and offered what was around 50 % off within a week or so. I told them no I wanted the same deal as my mate, they said it was not possible. I had another call but no better offer.
    I went on holiday first two weeks in December and Sky was disconnected a few days before we went away. On returning from holiday I had a dozen or so missed calls from the same phone number that on googling turned out to be a Sky number.
    First morning back at home there was a call from Sky, I explained the situation , there was some debate as to if I was confused but I stuck to my guns as I had seen my mates bill and knew he was on this deal. The Sky chap put me on hold and after going to see what he could do for me came back with yes £32 for 12 months.
    It is possible but I understand that it may not be offered to all but I believe you have to be willing - if you can - to go through with the disconnect.
    Hope that helps...
    Nobby.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the 75% offer by cancelling completely as others have said
  • Options
    andrewpandrewp Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently on a 100% discount, only paying for telephone line rental (paid upfront). Direct debit has been zero since last year. It was a welcome offer for O2 broadband customers though.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andrewp wrote: »
    I'm currently on a 100% discount, only paying for telephone line rental (paid upfront). Direct debit has been zero since last year. It was a welcome offer for O2 broadband customers though.

Ditto here but I'm interested to see what happens when thousands of us start leaving (I'm happy to keep the phone and BB, though...)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got six months free and no contract.
  • Options
    wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to cancel the whole TV package (plus Sports/Movies) but want to keep Unlimited Broadband and weekend phone line. Do you only get these offers for cancelling everything - TV, BB and phone? Or will the deals also apply for cancelling just TV.
  • Options
    xbob26xbob26 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I want to cancel the whole TV package (plus Sports/Movies) but want to keep Unlimited Broadband and weekend phone line. Do you only get these offers for cancelling everything - TV, BB and phone? Or will the deals also apply for cancelling just TV.

Did exactly this a few months back, only keeping phone and broadband, and already have had two 50% off offers for TV through the post.
    I'm not interested in going back to Sky though so even 75% off wouldn't interest me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been with them for 4 years, started off on a 50% deal, and each time I left, they offered me 50%.

Third year I didnt renew, even after the 50% so they gave me 75% off the Sports/Movies/Ent Extra packs...came to £25/month

This deal ended on 31st March - theyve not asked me back :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I am 12 years with Sky. Entertainment. broadband unlimited and phone. Cancelled the lot two weeks ago. After a week I was offered my tv pack for 13.97 instead of 21.50 with no contract. I refused to accept offer. Conversation did not get round to broadband and line rental.
    A few days later I was offered completely free broadband unlimited with full price line rental on a one year contract without having to take tv pack. Not bad - I do not want to take tv pack unless it's free - but I can't see that happen to me.
    Then when I tried to negotiate a complete package deal the Sky guy said he could only process broadband and phone deals and although he could access all my account details he could not authorize any tv offers. He didn't appear to give a monkeys regarding my tv pack
    Given what has happened to me it looks like Sky has split the retentions team into two departments - one for tv and one for broadband and line rental. Or was the guy spinning me a yarn?
  • Options
    nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Hi Charles,
    All I can say is - if you are able to, sit back and wait for the next call and see. I am sure that the fact that you have so much of their product means they want to keep you. I am sure though that most customers who have a phone line from them won't go through with a cancelation and therefore be without a landline completely unless they have made other arrangements with another provider to replace Sky.
    I have only ever had TV with them and as I have said above, I only achieved my best offer after the service was disconnected.
    They have always tried to encourage me to take other services from them to enable them to give me their best price but I have always flat out refused to take any other service though.
    Good luck.
    Nobby.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cancellation only went through yesterday and the My Sky page already offers me 50% off for 12 months.