Channel 4 plans docu-drama of Cameron's infamous 'Bullingdon Club' days

Comments

• DXBDXB Posts: 4,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    when if similar acts had been committed by non-Tory politicians

exactly what sort of acts are you claiming happened?

As far as I can see the only claims so far is that a load of young blokes got dressed up in silly outfits and got pissed.

Which sounds like normal behavior for the UK in whatever social strata you are.
  • Poison_FengPoison_Feng Posts: 3,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pauli89 wrote: »
    Did you trash restaurants for fun and then throw ridiculous amounts of cash around to pay for it?

Are you trying to sell yourself as a caring down to earth politician?

Are you going to be running the country next year?

pauli, calm down, you are reverting back to your old self. You are starting to tell porkies again.

There is no evidence or proof that David Cameron ever trashed a restaurant while he belonged to the Bulingdon club.

The trashing you refer to was part of a documentary that did not state or show David Cameron ever indulging in this type of behavior.

Come on, answer the question, why do you have such a pathological hatred of a man who has never done anything to harm or affect you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1201370/TV-drama-shame-David-Camerons-days-member-infamous-Bullingdon-Club.html
  • pauli89pauli89 Posts: 12,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pauli, calm down, you are reverting back to your old self. You are starting to tell porkies again.

There is no evidence or proof that David Cameron ever trashed a restaurant while he belonged to the Bulingdon club.

The trashing you refer to was part of a documentary that did not state or show David Cameron ever indulging in this type of behavior.

Come on, answer the question, why do you have such a pathological hatred of a man who has never done anything to harm or affect you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1201370/TV-drama-shame-David-Camerons-days-member-infamous-Bullingdon-Club.html

George Osborne, Boris Johnson and David Cameron were all part of the Bullingdon club.

The club has a history/tradition of members trashing restaurants for "fun" and then throwing eye watering amounts of money at the owner to avoid criminal charges.

This is not just about David Cameron, it is about Osborne and Johnson too.

As far as this alleged hatred of mine you say I have for Cameron: I don't hate the man, I know little about him (few do). It is things like this which unveil a few more little details about the make up of the man and allow us to make a better judgement or at least it allows discussion (he will be leading this country in eight or nine months). I do despise the Tory party though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DXB wrote: »
    Face it, this smear campaign is typical of noo labour - I smell the Prince of Darkness behind it.

The thing is though, is that they did one on Tony Blair too.
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Pauli do remember to be cautious.

The clue is in the title. They are making a Docu-Drama and as such there may well be things said within the show, for "dramatic" effect okay.

We sure don't want a repeat of Blackstuffgate now do we?

:D;)

Binnman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Binnman there are more than plenty of points to question my views on, I often get things wrong, but please don't do it on something you have chosen to pluck out of context and in order to accuse me of something I never did or don't even think. I'm not quite sure what the word for that would be.

Anyway, here's a smile, I need to lighten up.:D:)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we better warn every child or student then don't even do anything remotely bad whilst you are growing up just in case you decide to go into politics & channel 4 make a documentary about you as I'm sure that whilst a member of this club he knew he would be prime minister one day or maybe because of this "bad behaviour" and membership of this club he should have realised the 8/9 years later when he went into politics that this shameful past barred him from becoming a MP and a decent human being ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, I know a few people who have thought about going down the political route and then remembered one or two too many skeletons in the closet. :eek::D

Wasn't the whole argument about the expenses scandal that they were supposed to be whiter than white?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose, as I have said elsewhere, most people have done things in the past - of course it's unfair to string them up for it.

Personally I think (and why PR man Mr Cameron attempts to hide it too): the main issue is that this is a stark opposite, you couldn't get more opposite, to the image he is trying to project onto the public today.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    we better warn every child or student then don't even do anything remotely bad whilst you are growing up
    Naw, you just tell them that you can get away with anything as long as you give the victim lots of money.
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, here's a smile, I need to lighten up.:D:)

You sure do Pauli.....................I was just pulling your leg.

:D

Binnman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Telegraph:

The Bullingdon modus operandi is to book a restaurant under a false name, smash it up, and throw large amounts of money at the upset owners.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question — is there any evidence at all that Cameron, Osborne or Johnson did any damage to anything and were they ever charged in a court for any damage they may have caused while members of the Bullingdon Club.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naw, you just tell them that you can get away with anything as long as you give the victim lots of money.

so being a member of this club should bar you from holding public office?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    A question — is there any evidence at all that Cameron, Osborne or Johnson did any damage to anything and were they ever charged in a court for any damage they may have caused while members of the Bullingdon Club.

That's the idea of chucking ridiculous amounts of money at the owner.

From the Telegraph:

The Bullingdon modus operandi is to book a restaurant under a false name, smash it up, and throw large amounts of money at the upset owners.

Johnson has in the past recalled a few stories I think...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    so being a member of this club should bar you from holding public office?
    I wouldn't be trying to excuse it as "youthful pranks" as some are doing here.

If Dave is the man he claims to be then he shouldn't be trying to hide his mistakes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Given that BoJo has admitted to it and there are lots of reports about Bullingdon, I think you can safely say that they did cause damage - unless of course they "didn't inhale" - and that bribing someone not to press charges stopped these "youthful pranks" from reaching court.
  • Berties AssettsBerties Assetts Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're saying that PMs should not be held accountable for past actions when they weren't PM?

Hey Biffo the Bear does that also mean if you became PM then we can bring up your legendary D.I.Y Ebay colonic irrigation experience which you talked about here on DS. :D
  • Berties AssettsBerties Assetts Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe DC spurned Pauli89's advances LOL. :D
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be trying to excuse it as "youthful pranks" as some are doing here.

If Dave is the man he claims to be then he shouldn't be trying to hide his mistakes

Oh let it all come out when he's in office.. for some reason people think he will be permanently popular... but it's not going to be the 1000 year reich they're expecting.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt if the general public really care whether David Cameron used to get drunk when he was younger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I doubt if the general public really care whether David Cameron used to get drunk when he was younger.

I doubt many care about someone getting drunk.

If he smashed up your sisters restaurant when you were younger then chucked money in her face to shut her up, would you care then?

Mr Cameron is not know to do these things by the way but was part of club who according to the Telegraph has a history of smashing up restaurants then chucking money at the owner...
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, I hope it shows voters just how grotesque the Tory elite really are, letting those working-class people thinking of voting Tory see how little they have in common with that bunch of chinless wonders. And when I say `little`, I do, of course, mean NOTHING AT ALL.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt many care about someone getting drunk.

If he smashed up your sisters restaurant when you were younger then chucked money in her face to shut her up, would you care then?

Obviously yes, but my sister doesn't have a club and I'd wager that the vast. overwhelming majority of the country's sisters also don't.
    Mr Cameron is not know to do these things by the way but was part of club who according to the Telegraph has a history of smashing up restaurants then chucking money at the owner...

So basically, has nothing to do with him then :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's OK he perhaps did it, or they do it, as long as it doesn't affect you. Yep, that would be the, I'm alright Jack, Tory philosophy alright...