CHRIS is this year's RYLAN

SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Chris has become everything Rylan was scripted to be in the beginning - the minor villain booed through to each week, hated by the judges, splitting opinion and using every trick in the book to get through.

With what we've seen, he's much more akin to past controversial singers like Katie Waissel or Jedward. He makes headlines every week, his sob story is cynical and his amateur dramatics are hilarious. Rylan just didn't have the panache to carry it off, he's a minor irritant who won't be missed here nor there when he's gone. Chis on the other hand -

But more interestingly -

The producers genuinely hate him, and he's baffled everyone. It's brilliant. And actually, a vote for Chris is a real slap in the face for the orchestrated crap we've been force-fed from the producers week after week. I say good luck to the big phoney, I love him.

Comments

• harjamharjam Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I love an underdog and I never usually vote but I'm going to part with my hard earned this week and vote... 'GO CHRIS'!!!!
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:

Nooooooooo, it's a ruse I tell you. The Orange one wants to take over the world. Don't do it ;)
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing thread imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Rylan is this years Rylan considering he is Rylan?
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,420
    Forum Member
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    Chris has become everything Rylan was scripted to be in the beginning - the minor villain booed through to each week, hated by the judges, splitting opinion and using every trick in the book to get through.

With what we've seen, he's much more akin to past controversial singers like Katie Waissel or Jedward. He makes headlines every week, his sob story is cynical and his amateur dramatics are hilarious. Rylan just didn't have the panache to carry it off, he's a minor irritant who won't be missed here nor there when he's gone. Chis on the other hand -

But more interestingly -

The producers genuinely hate him, and he's baffled everyone. It's brilliant. And actually, a vote for Chris is a real slap in the face for the orchestrated crap we've been force-fed from the producers week after week. I say good luck to the big phoney, I love him.

A vote for chris is more money in Cowell's back pocket, and ultimately that is all he cares about..

He can drop Chris from his label after one album if he fails.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The joke act usually leaves around now, so if all goes to plan he will be gone this week. Great news.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    A vote for chris is more money in Cowell's back pocket, and ultimately that is all he cares about..

He can drop Chris from his label after one album if he fails.

I agree with this, which is why I'm not gonna vote Chris as it will endorse the vote. I would really love to see him win though :p
  • SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I agree with this, which is why I'm not gonna vote Chris as it will endorse the vote. I would really love to see him win though :p

Well, I never vote either ;) There's a significant amount of people who love throwing a spanner in the Cowell machine though (hence 'rage against' a couple Christmases ago).

Clearly the producers are in love with Rylan, hence the large budget productions etc. He isn't the spanner this year, just a small cog. The one that really pisses them off is Chris. He won't sell a single album if he wins, his style is dated and contrary to the 'cool, young, relevant' image the show is desperately attempting [failing] to push, and he wasn't even an initial part of the final 12.

I sort of hate him as a person, but I *love* what Chris is bringing to the show, and ultimately what a Chris win would mean for the series. Hilarity.