EastEnders - Simon Ashdown's own son died of cot death

Bertie StevensBertie Stevens Posts: 35
Forum Member
Did people read The Sun a few days ago? they had interviews with Samantha Womack, Shane Richie and Simon Ashdown. Simon spoke of his own son who died of cot death and how his wife's reaction for the need to want an alive baby to hold/cuddle is what made the idea of Ronnie doing what she does come to life.

How hard writing this must have been for him. :(

Comments

• Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Someone mentioned that in a thread on here I think. I'm not sure which as there have been so many :rolleyes:
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did people read The Sun a few days ago? they had interviews with Samantha Womack, Shane Richie and Simon Ashdown. Simon spoke of his own son who died of cot death and how his wife's reaction for the need to want an alive baby to hold/cuddle is what made the idea of Ronnie doing what she does come to life.

How hard writing this must have been for him. :(

It says on the official website Jeff Povey has written New Years Eve. Does it say Simon has written it?
  • Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    It says on the official website Jeff Povey has written New Years Eve. Does it say Simon has written it?

Maybe Simon passed the episodes up as they would have been too close to home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jeff Povey has written the episodes but I suspect Simon did have a considerable amount of input as he is the series head writer of sorts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Maybe he took inspiration from his own situation, and then left it to someone else to write.

Hope is wife isnt offeneded by this tho!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he took inspiration from his own situation, and then left it to someone else to write.

Hope is wife isnt offeneded by this tho!!

I doubt he would have done this idea without telling his wife first
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    I doubt he would have done this idea without telling his wife first

well der....but he took her need and want after her own baby died and transferred it accross to ronnie steeling a baby!
  • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well der....but he took her need and want after her own baby died and transferred it accross to ronnie steeling a baby!

noone said that his wife is Ronnie,, just that aspect of Ronnie wanting her baby alive.
  • GaGa4EastEndersGaGa4EastEnders Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Oh god how awful :(

I don't understand why so many are up in arms about this storyline when we haven't seen it yet. DS is the only forum with people complaining as well. I've just come from The Sun site and all the comments in an article on upset mothers are in support of EE which I was amazed by so I think the outcry is only happening from a small minority who like to be heard but then I read they reacted the exact same way when Danielle Jones was killed off as well.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,187
    Forum Member
    Awwww that's awful, must of been hard for him with this storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Awwww bless :(
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god how awful :(

I don't understand why so many are up in arms about this storyline when we haven't seen it yet. DS is the only forum with people complaining as well. I've just come from The Sun site and all the comments in an article on upset mothers are in support of EE which I was amazed by so I think the outcry is only happening from a small minority who like to be heard but then I read they reacted the exact same way when Danielle Jones was killed off as well.

Moaners or troll mostly, this the only place I know that members slag something off before its even aired so how members can make judgements unless they watch it is beyond me.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Moaners or troll mostly, this the only place I know that members slag something off before its even aired so how members can make judgements unless they watch it is beyond me.

Some things are just awful. No matter how you watch them. :rolleyes:
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    Deleted wrong thread.
  • missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS is the only forum with people complaining as well.

That's DS for you.