• CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    We havn't even seen the episode yet :rolleyes:

See above response :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,187
    Forum Member
    Oh i dunno, maybe the previous 25 years? What a ridiculous question. Somehow the acting has managed to detioriate from being awful to woeful in the last 10 years.

Why do you watch then :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Do you have children? you seem almighty interested in the welfare of the young viewing public.

Because it only in your opinion that its all what you've written above, where is your prove to back up your posts about what psychological effect you seem to think this will do to a child, people have a choice to watch what ever they choose you keep calling people out on it is beyond me and really make your whole argument redundant, how do you know the acting will be unrealistic the episodes haven't even aired yet.

Yes I do.

Why is the argument redundant? Let's flip it, tell me one benefit of a 7-12 yr old watching Eastenders on a regular basis bar being taught how to scream, shout and argue for no apparent reason everyitme they meet someone. You must be one of the irresponsible ones i'm referring to and i've touched a nerve.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Assuming this was the "big" storyline Shane Richie was referring to when he was on This Morning (before they announced it) then apparently it'll be going on for quite some time - like a year, maybe even more...

OMG..they're going to string it out that long? Bizarre!

(ok i know the whole...do they not realise the dead baby is not theirs debate.thats too weird by half)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Why do you watch then :rolleyes:

I don't watch it. I used to when it was twice a week and almost passable as a programme. These days i catch the odd episode - utter torture but strangely compelling if I treat it as a comedy or spoof. Or usually just the odd 5 minutes of Kat's or Bab's great acting :D:D:D or Alfie Moons hilarious one liners. It's so bad.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i dunno, maybe the previous 25 years? What a ridiculous question. Somehow the acting has managed to detioriate from being awful to woeful in the last 10 years.

Hows it ridiculous exactly your making out like your opinion is the dun deal, just cause you find the acting sour, does mean everyone else does, I can see your just very bitter about EE and nothing will change that, your can't please everyone in your case not at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do.

Why is the argument redundant? Let's flip it, tell me one benefit of a 7-12 yr old watching Eastenders on a regular basis bar being taught how to scream, shout and argue for no apparent reason everyitme they meet someone. You must be one of the irresponsible ones i'm referring to and i've touched a nerve.

Well lets see you just said in your previous post you don't even watch regularly so really how can you even judge constructively any of the plots or storylines ongoing or upcoming if you don't bother to tune in, that makes your argument redundant.

Well I can assure you, you haven't touch a nerve as I don't have any children to tell what to watch, Children learn more from there parents behaviour then watching telly and if they are acting out then maybe the parents should look at their own parenting skills instead of constantly blaming the tv.
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for your loss.

You have missed my point by a country mile though.

Thank you.

I think you've missed my point by an entire county.
    The Coronation Street baby snatch thing was a bit differant to what Eastenders is planning. I mean with Eastenders your going to have a woman discover her baby is dead. Pick it up. Take it to someone else's home. Take their baby out of its cot. Put the dead baby in its place and walk off with the live baby as though you can actually replace the children you lose like you would a pair of shoes or blender or a TV.

I mean, its just such an absurd and ridiculous concept that I can't honestly imagine who in their right mind actually came up with this rubbish. And then they apparently plan to string this nonsense out for TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me, people who suffer this sudden loss of a baby who is born healthy and with no apparent reason to worry could very easily be forgiven for not acting as if they are in their right minds.

It's not just something that happens exclusively to women - fathers feel the loss as much - but the woman has the added issue of her hormones still telling her she's a mother and her body still reacting that way - continuing to lactate, for example.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't "need" to show it for public awareness,

And you don't "need" to watch it. End of.

Good grief, it's fiction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you don't "need" to watch it. End of.

Good grief, it's fiction!

And you don't "need" to comment in this thread so good grief to you :rolleyes:

I'm sick of this now, I named the thread wrong so it's my fault.

I have NOTHING against fictional drama tackling drugs, rape , incest, prostitution - they can tackle ANYTHING they want BUT at the APPROPIATE time and the APPROPIATE time IMO is NOT 7.30pm in the evening in the sitting rooms around this country. THis is my opinion, it's not gonna change - similarly my opinion on EE being an absolute embarrassment to this country isn't either but this is a seperate point which I wasn't intending to argue now - hence why I didn't originally post this in the soaps section so please stop freaking out at me soap fans, I wasn't looking to throw this grenade in your forum , some moderator or busybody in the TV section must have moved it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I think you've missed my point by an entire county.

Believe me, people who suffer this sudden loss of a baby who is born healthy and with no apparent reason to worry could very easily be forgiven for not acting as if they are in their right minds.

It's not just something that happens exclusively to women - fathers feel the loss as much - but the woman has the added issue of her hormones still telling her she's a mother and her body still reacting that way - continuing to lactate, for example.

I agree, I agree, I agree!!! Read the thread and not just the title.
    Forum Member
    And you don't "need" to comment in this thread so good grief to you :rolleyes:

I'm sick of this now, I named the thread wrong so it's my fault.

I have NOTHING against fictional drama tackling drugs, rape , incest, prostitution - they can tackle ANYTHING they want BUT at the APPROPIATE time and the APPROPIATE time IMO is NOT 7.30pm in the evening in the sitting rooms around this country. THis is my opinion, it's not gonna change - similarly my opinion on EE being an absolute embarrassment to this country isn't either but this is a seperate point which I wasn't intending to argue now - hence why I didn't originally post this in the soaps section so please stop freaking out at me soap fans, I wasn't looking to throw this grenade in your forum , some moderator or busybody in the TV section must have moved it.

lmao, the funiest thing I have ever read on this forum, how OTT can you get :D EE is turning this country to pot, how very dare it :D:D
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way you never post in any forum bar sport but have made a special exception for my thread. I can only assume you went back through for a read, thanks for the interest.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46872937&highlight=#post46872937
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46707814&highlight=#post46707814
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46707633&highlight=#post46707633
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46706985&highlight=#post46706985
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46683447&highlight=#post46683447
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46670374&highlight=#post46670374
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46652885&highlight=#post46652885
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46650455&highlight=#post46650455
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46635030&highlight=#post46635030
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46634357&highlight=#post46634357

You should go to Specsavers and get those crazy eyes of yours tested because they obviously aren't working properly as my list of examples show.
    It would be a bit rude of me to turn over or leave the room when all my friends (the women obviously) are watching it.

Lovely bit of misogyny there.
    I'm a grown man

:D:D:D
    And Timboy, similarly to you telling me not to leave the room or how not to watch a tv programme why don't you take your own advice and not read threads that annoy you and stick to the Scottish Football thread rather than come hunting me down like some sort of DS vigilante. Get back to your litre of Jack Daniels and slating your mums cooking mate.

Hunt you down. :D:D
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeymz wrote: »
    If you don't like it, don't watch it. Plenty of other channels for you.
    Millions of people will, and do enjoy Eastenders for it's Hard-hitting drama.

It's a bloody TV show. No one goes to bed that evening wondering why the world is so full of hatred and misery- because its fictional.
    Not much more disturbing to a child than, for example, BBC News- which tells us of real misery, real war and real hatred.

At the end of the day, people getting outraged at EE storylines just helps EE get more publicity and doesn't hinder it.

As I wrote in the Facebook groups topic,look at Katy Perry as an example- she had Damilola Taylor's dad slamming her after she posed with a knife for a publicity shot, yet far from her career being hurt, she's seems to be more popular.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23576482-katy-perrys-flick-knife-photo-provokes-a-storm.do

Not to mention Madge and her Like A Prayer video, where she had the Pope and religious groups outraged and Pepsi axing her, yet got a No.1. And let's not forget Frankie and Relax.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch it. I used to when it was twice a week and almost passable as a programme. These days i catch the odd episode - utter torture but strangely compelling if I treat it as a comedy or spoof. Or usually just the odd 5 minutes of Kat's or Bab's great acting :D:D:D or Alfie Moons hilarious one liners. It's so bad.
    So why on earth are you complaining about it? I don't watch Dr. Who - I think it's utter trash; yet I wouldn't go on the Dr. Who forum and start a thread bashing it if I don't care about it at all. You are clearly a troll and on a wind up. If you're so offended you wouldn't watch and just ignore it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    So why on earth are you complaining about it? I don't watch Dr. Who - I think it's utter trash; yet I wouldn't go on the Dr. Who forum and start a thread bashing it if I don't care about it at all. You are clearly a troll and on a wind up. If you're so offended you wouldn't watch and just ignore it.

Cos Dr Who isn't bad for kids to watch!! How many times must i make the same point, I wish this thread would die please god.

I am more than happy for EE to be shown all night everynight!!!!!! Just not at 7.30
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cos Dr Who isn't bad for kids to watch!! How many times must i make the same point, I wish this thread would die please god.

I am more than happy for EE to be shown all night everynight!!!!!! Just not at 7.30
    Surely it's up to the parent to control what their child watches? People know what Eastenders consists of (murder, sex, violence) so if they allow their child to watch it - they should expect the worse. It's also on at 8.00pm
    Forum Member
    Surely it's up to the parent to control what their child watches? People know what Eastenders consists of (murder, sex, violence) so if they allow their child to watch it - they should expect the worse. It's also on at 8.00pm

Exactly, it's not down to EE it's down to the parent/s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd love to have the faith in parents you do but many would see it as a fine and I find that a shame, that's all. Moreso that the BBC think it's fine to have sex, murder and violence at 7.30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sans the faux - Why write that? How bizarre :confused:

And what makes you think it's false outrage? I can assure you it's not.
    Because you come of as one of those "Outraged of Tunbridge wells" types, You are not really bothered but you have little else to do and no one is giving you attention so you decide to vent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have the faith in parents you do but many would see it as a fine and I find that a shame, that's all. Moreso that the BBC think it's fine to have sex, murder and violence at 7.30.

It's life gonna have to learn it someday!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So does ITV with their soaps
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God knows what you think about Spring/Autumn watch and countryfile what with all the sex the animals are having, the birthing out in the open where anyone can see, and the rampant killing of each other for food then eating them while alive.
    Oh! the humanity of it all.
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    So does ITV with their soaps

Well Shortland Street had a doctor having rumpy-pumpy in the 1st ever episode (not to mention the soap has had explosions, adultery, rape, car crashes,murder etc), and that show goes out at 7pm in NZ and went out in the mid-afternoon in some ITV regions.

The Young Doctors had one character electrocuted and another character stabbed, and that was aired at 6pm in most of Australia and in the afternoon in most ITV regions. Not to mention S&D also went out in the afternoon on most of ITV (and also aired in the early-evening on Seven) with storylines involving adultery, murder, sex,near-incest, alcoholism, etc.
This discussion has been closed.