Loving Zoe

13»

Comments

• VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that back when she was cast the job spec was different. Forsyth was the main man and a big star back then. They wanted some arm candy who wouldn't challenge him and could be supportive as needed (and boy did he need it...!)

Somehow, somebody somewhere decided that having been the sidekick for ten years, Tess should be elevated to Number 1. It's bad for the show and unfair to Tess who simply is not lead material. The BBC should have realised this and not given her and Claudia their flagship entertainment programme.

I don't think it's quite that bad, re how the decision was made. Tess seemed to do a good job when she was a stand-in for Tess, and back then even in this forum most people seemed to like the Tess + Claudia combination.

Unfortunately, now that she's in the job, her limitations (which had been quite evident when she was in the Tess Pit role) are starting to show, partly because they're giving her such Bruce-like material. I think if there was less of that, and she stopped announcing every standing ovation, and stopped giving so many of her own opinions, she'd be ok. (Bruce had years of experience that gave his opinions some credibility, but it could still be pretty annoying.)
  • playitagainplayitagain Posts: 94
    Forum Member

Thanks guys for that , I remember looking some time ago and all I could find were tour versions so now I am happy.what also impresses about her presenting style is the professionalism as well as the easy charm.
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    sey77 wrote: »
    Completely disagree. Zoe tries too hard, and tonight with the judges wig is what Claudia would have done. Also, if I hear judymoo one more time I'm going to scream. I stopped watching ITT when Claudia left and Zoe took over. It's all about her and "when she was on the show..."

BIB: You should maybe try watching it again- Zoe's style has calmed down a lot and she's settled in to the show much more now. The producer usually crams far too much into one show, but that's not Zoe's fault. Having loved Claudia I didn't like her much to begin with either, but now I do.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Now that she's had a few weeks to get into it, Tess was visibly more relaxed this week and did a great job as I thought she would. When she was standing in for the previous presenter she knew it was only for the odd week and she couldn't step on his toes. No-one starts a new job able to do it really well from day one. Now the job's hers she's developing it and I think she cracked it this week. IMO Tess is now presenting the show better than it has been previously.

Claudia didn't want to carry on with ITT because of family commitments and the producers obviously like her style and wanted her back so she's doing the main show. She's ideal for getting the dancers to relax after their performance, whereas Zoe bombards them with questions and I don't think they wind down as quickly as they did with Claudia. Zoe's style of asking questions makes her perfect for ITT when she gets into the technicalities but for me she a good stand in, but not ideal for the main show permanently..

Really looking forward to Claudia coming back to the main show.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    I want Ian and Zoe to be the main hosts..
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Ian and Zoe to be the main hosts..

Would be a super combination....but I want Ian to be a judge so we can see who would really get an 8 from Waite :)
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Now that she's had a few weeks to get into it, Tess was visibly more relaxed this week and did a great job as I thought she would. When she was standing in for the previous presenter she knew it was only for the odd week and she couldn't step on his toes. No-one starts a new job able to do it really well from day one. Now the job's hers she's developing it and I think she cracked it this week. IMO Tess is now presenting the show better than it has been previously.

Claudia didn't want to carry on with ITT because of family commitments and the producers obviously like her style and wanted her back so she's doing the main show. She's ideal for getting the dancers to relax after their performance, whereas Zoe bombards them with questions and I don't think they wind down as quickly as they did with Claudia. Zoe's style of asking questions makes her perfect for ITT when she gets into the technicalities but for me she a good stand in, but not ideal for the main show permanently..

Really looking forward to Claudia coming back to the main show.

The presenter's job is to ask questions to probe the feelings of the celebs after their performances for our benefit. I don't see any bombardment from Zoe but her questions are far more focussed and insightful than Claudia's ramblings. I suspect that is because she has more of an idea about what to ask because she was once in the same position as the celebs now taking part whereas all Claudia ever did was get her chesticles out so Len could demonstrate on ITT.
  • sandixsandix Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    As someone mentioned Tess was originally Bruce's sidekick, she just doesn't have the natural charm to carry off the main presenting job - with her it's just 'reading by numbers'.

I would love to see Zoe and Claudia sharing the presenting jobs even alternating week by week - shaking up the formula. If any of the judges need to be replaced I would love to see Ian Waite in there, the panel needs a proper ex dancer who knows what they are talking about.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sey77 wrote: »
    To want Zoe on the main show and Claudia on ITT. Thankfully tptb don't agree with you.

I thought Claudia stopped doing ITT because she wanted to be with her family more, I would think that would be even more the case now.

I still think it is very distasteful to plot removing someone whilst they are off on compassionate leave. Just imagine being in similar circumstances and hearing that your colleagues at work were discussing who should have your job.

Looking forward to her daughter's recovery and Claudia's return, I wonder if we will see the staff from the hospital and paramedics as guests of honour in the front row of Strictly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE Zoe! She's doing brilliant. Tess is so wooden, she needs to go.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    I thought Claudia stopped doing ITT because she wanted to be with her family more, I would think that would be even more the case now.

I still think it is very distasteful to plot removing someone whilst they are off on compassionate leave. Just imagine being in similar circumstances and hearing that your colleagues at work were discussing who should have your job.

Looking forward to her daughter's recovery and Claudia's return, I wonder if we will see the staff from the hospital and paramedics as guests of honour in the front row of Strictly?
    I agree, but some don't think of it from that perspective. It's not them - just someone on the telly.

And you will never get a situation where everyone agrees on who should be the presenters. As for those who are keen to get rid of Tess or Claudia, the previous presenter had a lot of us saying he should be replaced but he was kept on for 10 series and we just had to put up with him. We didn't get our way then, but hopefully we'll be able to enjoy Tess and Claudia for a few years.

It doesn't actually matter what any of us think anyway, the BBC will decide.