im so glad people are complaining about the baby storyline

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
just to let brian know we dont like his ideas.

Comments

• GaGa4EastEndersGaGa4EastEnders Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Who's complaining?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,187
    Forum Member
    Who's we? I am looking forward to this storyline, and do you really think this will effect Bryan? or EE?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Ummm....It's a GREAT storyline and will be played out by the best 2 actresses on the show (Jessie and Sam). You don't like it? Don't watch it, simple as
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like he cares, he still gets pay at the end of the week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    just to let brian know we dont like his ideas.

Grow up. :sleep:
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Hm.

I'm looking forward to seeing the drama, twist & turns, and two of the most amazing actress' in soap take center stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "we"? Speak for yourself. I'm looking forward to this storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ummm....It's a GREAT storyline and will be played out by the best 2 actresses on the show (Jessie and Sam). You don't like it? Don't watch it, simple as

Well said :)
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member

I think you'll find that the BBC doesn't work like that
    Forum Member

Say what?
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC works exactly like that and always has. It would not be reasonable to expect every programme to appeal to every viewer.
    Forum Member
    The BBC works exactly like that and always has. It would not be reasonable to expect every programme to appeal to every viewer.

There's a difference between appealing to different demographics and broadcasting potentially offensive or sensationalist material.
    Forum Member
    There's a difference between appealing to different demographics and broadcasting potentially offensive or sensationalist material.
    But any soap storyline could be seen as potentially offensive or sensationalist so why single out this? :confused:
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [quote=
    teenagemartyr
    ;46938435]There's a difference between appealing to different demographics and broadcasting potentially offensive or sensationalist material.[/quote]
    Well, we'll have to wait and see whether the storyline is sensationalist and causes widespread offense. I would hope the BBC would tread very carefully with such sensitive subject matter.
    Forum Member
    But any soap storyline could be seen as potentially offensive or sensationalist so why single out this? :confused:

Because some topics need to be treated with more sensitivity than others
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im sorry guys but i just feel alot of us ronnie fans want to see her happy for a change this storyline is gonna make people loathe the character more and we dont want her to be seen as evil. i personally would loathe any human who would do such a thing i dont want to end up disliking ronnie, alot of us have always liked her.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    im sorry guys but i just feel alot of us ronnie fans want to see her happy for a change this storyline is gonna make people loathe the character more and we dont want her to be seen as evil. i personally would loathe any human who would do such a thing i dont want to end up disliking ronnie, alot of us have always liked her.

She's not doing it because she's evil tho..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But she isn't evil, and it isn't real life. I love Ronnie, but I'm not going to hate her because of this storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    I like Ronnie too but don't like what they are doing to the character taking her down this path.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know it isnt resl life but im speaking as if it it i9s real life the character of ronnie will not get sympathy from people, stealing a baby is kidnap and seen as bad. the people of walford will dislike her when they all find out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know it isnt resl life but im speaking as if it it i9s real life the character of ronnie will not get sympathy from people, stealing a baby is kidnap and seen as bad. the people of walford will dislike her when they all find out.

But it'll come out that James had died and his death drove her in a moment of despair to take Tommy Moon that's going to be key to the whole thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    But it'll come out that James had died and his death drove her in a moment of despair to take Tommy Moon that's going to be key to the whole thing.

but can you seriously see the likes of the slaters forgiving her?
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    But she isn't evil, and it isn't real life. I love Ronnie, but I'm not going to hate her because of this storyline.

We don't know what her motivation is.

She's done a 'dad swap' before by convincing Sam to lie about the paternity test results. And now this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one is really complaining and no one cares, its a SL that will play out for a few weeks and then the plot will move onto something else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but can you seriously see the likes of the slaters forgiving her?

I could see it happening the Slater/Moons are decent people at their core it's the Branning's who are going to suffer the most especially Jack and Jim.