Gazza is now on twitter

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
Just thought I'd say :D Hope this makes him know how much he is loved and will keep his demons at bay.....

Time will tell I guess.

Comments

• Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    Homeward wrote: »
    Just thought I'd say :D Hope this makes him know how much he is loved and will keep his demons at bay.....

Time will tell I guess.

Somehow i doubt Twitter will keep his demons at bay, although i hope it does, if Gazza's Friends, Family and Professional psychologists can't what hope does twitter have.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    He's already following the twitter accounts of Carling, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort......
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Christ on a bike. Wonder what drunken gems he'll blurt out :eek:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I don't do Twitter, however I do know it's a trolls dream & knowing how vulnerable Gazza is, he could be a prime target.
    I hope I'm wrong & he enjoys Twitter, anything, regardless of how small, that distracts of him from the pull of alcohol has to be a good thing.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do Twitter, however I do know it's a trolls dream & knowing how vulnerable Gazza is, he could be a prime target.
    I hope I'm wrong & he enjoys Twitter, anything, regardless of how small, that distracts of him from the pull of alcohol has to be a good thing.

Completely agree BEL,like anything online you have to be in the right frame of mind otherwise any little tweet or argument can upset you especially if you are vulnerable,
    And I think Gazza is vulnerable -maybe hel find people to talk to online about football on twitter like I do and I have a great time especially when my team play,
    But it's the troll messages that he need to be strong enough to ignore and not everyone likes what he likes,I hope he's ok :(
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    a tweet to gazza in the not to distant future will be RIP paul
    Forum Member
    Homeward wrote: »

Time will tell I guess.

only an idiot would love that douchbag
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    only an idiot would love that douchbag

That's not really fair insinuating that homeward is an idiot I feel a hell of alot of compassion towards Gazza,alcoholism is a dreadful disease of the mind and body you never recover you just have a daily reprieve a day at a time I just wish Gazza would make that first step upon helping himself,:(
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gazza on Twitter will not end well.
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    That's not really fair insinuating that homeward is an idiot I feel a hell of alot of compassion towards Gazza,alcoholism is a dreadful disease of the mind and body you never recover you just have a daily reprieve a day at a time I just wish Gazza would make that first step upon helping himself,:(

i cant have compassion for a guy that knocked 7 bells out of his ex-wife
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His ex wife now appears to have forgiven him along with his kids.

I don't think Twitter's a good idea for him as if he gets any abuse, he's mentally very fragile. Would he be able to cope with that?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to him.

Doubt PG will ever sort himself out though.:(
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Car crash viewing.

Yet another example of terrible advice given to him.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least he'll have to stop drinking (even if it's just for 2 minutes) why he does his tweet. If he can make it three minutes he could enter the Guinness Book of Records (or, knowing him, he'd just enter another Guinness)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people start criticising him, will he hit the drink again? Hmm...
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If people start criticising him, will he hit the drink again? Hmm...

Ffs he doesn't control the alcohol.
    It controls him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Point taken I also don't condone domestic violence
    :(
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »

Totally agree Ella.

I truly wish he escape the grips of this God awful illness.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a really bad idea. he gained over 200k followers in about half an hour last night.

He could read through hundreds of positive tweets but it will just take one awful one that he will focus on.

Get off twitter Gazza.
  • mummy45mummy45 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Dreadful man as soon as he gets a handle on his drinking and the press no longer interested he blows it. Loves attention
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mummy45 wrote: »
    Dreadful man as soon as he gets a handle on his drinking and the press no longer interested he blows it. Loves attention

IMO Gazza does not drink for attention,he keeps falling off the wagon cos he's not grasped that he is not able to have a couple of drinks without the madness taking over and him drinking into an oblivion :(
    I honestly don't think the media and attention has anything to do with it,
    Unfortunately at this precise moment in time I don't think he will ever grasp that he is powerless over alcohol when he takes that first drink,
    And twitter IMO is not the place to find friends and happiness either when you're vulnerable :eek:
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's already following the twitter accounts of Carling, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort......

It's funny because he's going to die. LOL!
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    It's funny because he's going to die. LOL!

Hilarious:rolleyes:
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can do a couple of sentences with 140 characters. Is he capable ?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious:rolleyes:

For the sake of clarity on this occasion, I'd like to point out I was being sarcastic.