The Mystery of Clara Oswin Oswald

Comments

• TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    A doppelgänger created for an ulterior purpose and she'll keep dying and coming back at different periods in time until it's been achieved.

Wait...
    ...no...it can't be...no...could it?
    ...Gangers are back!??! :eek::eek::eek:
  • Cornish AndyCornish Andy Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Her story is clearly leading up to the big 50th, so I think she's significant to the Doctor or the Time Lords in some way. Scattered across time and space - could Clara be the Key To Time?
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait...
    ...no...it can't be...no...could it?
    ...Gangers are back!??! :eek::eek::eek:

Well, there's PSY's hit for 2013 - Ganger Style

I'll get my coat........
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor feels bad at losing a companion.

Imagine how he would feel if he kept losing the same companion time and time again until he gets it right .... Groundhog day.

Clara Oswin Oswald - Coo, maybe she's just a temporal version of a lostpigeon. ;)
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Her story is clearly leading up to the big 50th, so I think she's significant to the Doctor or the Time Lords in some way. Scattered across time and space - could Clara be the Key To Time?

Ha,

That ties in perfectly with something I was about to write....

I reckon Clara is going to be a symptom of something, rather than a thing itself.
    I'm guessing DW investigates, finds that time has been shattered in some way (possibly deliberately, by some baddie) and finding out what's going on with Clara will lead him to the real "thing", which might also prove to be the explanation for some kind of multi-doctor storyline.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New incarnation of The Master?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is reposted from the other thread as im sure one will keep going and the other vanish eventually.

Physically speaking it's not the same Clara, that much we know as one dies from a fall, the other dies as a Dalek. Other than that it's anyone's guess.

One interresting oddity is to go back to AOTD, why was Oswin Dalek in that protected room all alone while the rest of the Daleks were left all over the asylum rotting away? The Oswin Dalek was still mentally speaking human, she had access to all the Dalek cameras and tech to find and guide the Doctor but was clearly uncorrupted emotionally and mentally.

The Daleks had the Doctor, they could and should have killed him, but they send him to the asylum instead...could it be he was sent with the single purpose of discovering the Oswin Dalek? I never believed the excuse the Daleks gave the Doctor in sending him down to the asylum, why would they need him to fix a small problem on a small unimportant planet, the Daleks destroy planets for fun. Why not just kill their mortal enemy when they had the chance?

The Daleks make up some bullplop reason about the planet being sacred or something equally odd, but when we see the asylum, it's clearly a derelict scrapyard.

Could she be like Braithwaite? Could Braithwaite have been some kind of early prototype for Oswin?

Something is screwy here and it's Dalek-related.

Considering they are the ultimate enemy, it stands to reason they will be involved in the anniversary episode. Notice the lack of Daleks in the future flash at the end? Hmm....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New incarnation of The Master?

Others have said it might be The Rani, but im not so sure.

She doesn't appear to regenerate though and Strax should have noticed a binary heartbeat surely?

Still, not impossible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe she's the metal dog, K9, Micky and now Oswin :)
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    From an interview with her: ""It's so difficult [to talk about it]. Because of the way it started with Oswin, it's really difficult to say much - where [Clara's] from, what period she's from, what planet she's from, even." so assuming then she is an alien who can jump around in time, Who does that sound like?
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's the Jagaroth... ha ha only kiddin - no way. But that is the only other time in Who where the same person has show up at different historical times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    November 23rd was the date in 1963 when Dr Who was first broadcast.
    Also, reading around some of the info on T-Inernet it appears that Susan was locked out of the Tardis by the Dr when she became an adult. Maybe this could account for the Dr being so eager to give her the key?!
    ....and this memory worm has never as far as I know been mentioned so has it alraedy been used on Clara.
    GI has a connection with Patrick Troughton and the Yeti...so I think its a reinacrantion (excuse the pun wrt to Clara) of past episodes.
    An episode with many unaswered questions ....a little bit like the BAD WOLF idea many years ago
  • K2kK2k Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    It's obvious... She's a cylon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    She's Blackadder!
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Asylum of the Daleks again recently, and it was stated that the reason she was made into a Dalek and no-one else, was because (like she said) she was a genius.
    So, unless Moffat has completely forgotten about this line, then this could prove to be significant.
    So not only is she twice dead, but she's probably a genius too.

Cue "She's the Rani", "She's Romana", "She's a Time Lord" comments! :D
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Clara Oswin Oswald - COO, maybe she's just a temporal version of a lostpigeon. ;)

COO, maybe something to do with Carbon Dioxide?
    Forum Member
    In French souffler means 'to blow up' .....any relevance I wonder?!
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she exists; not as such. It's that bit about "Run, you clever boy. And remember me" - he ran from Gallifrey, originally.

What does he need to remember? And who or what is trying to remind him? Is the Tardis projecting Claras for him to interact with in certain points in time & space that are connected? So far we've had Daleks and the Great Intelligence...

Gary

I love the idea that she's a projection of the TARDIS or is the TARDIS in some way. Certainly the Doctor trusted her overly quickly, getting your companion key is a big deal. The doctor needed someone to re spark things and suddenly there is a mystery woman who knows the exact one word to make him act, part Amy, Rory and River all in one.
    Forum Member
    'Run, YOU CLEVER BOY, and remember'

The General Intelligence wanted the Drs brain/intelligence previously.Is this a warning about the great intelligence

Does this mean she IS the great intelligence but cant remember

Moffat has done his homework!!
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she could be the Tesselector again...

would explain why the Daleks chose to convert her to a proper Dalek rather than a humanoid one
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I suppose the questions is then who or what does he have to remember? The biggest impact of memory was when Amy remembered The Doctor back into existence at her wedding; I'm not saying this is connected to that just the theory of "nothing be lost forever"
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    allen_who wrote: »
    she could be the Tesselector again...

would explain why the Daleks chose to convert her to a proper Dalek rather than a humanoid one

The Tesselector couldn't be turned into a Dalek - as it has no organic components. It would just be the casing. Also, where would the Clara/Oswin personality come from? The Tesselector was just a machine, not independently or artificially intelligent. Had the drivers of the Tesselector been changed, it is likely they would have been the hybridised versions, and even if they weren't, then the resulting would be a mess of a mix of personalities.

I really don't see it being the Tesselector, also for the fact that it would be extremely repetitive, and - quite frankly - rubbish writing. It's a bad idea that wouldn't work again (imo).
  • BeerCupsBeerCups Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Joebernie wrote: »
    'Run, YOU CLEVER BOY, and remember'

The General Intelligence wanted the Drs brain/intelligence previously.Is this a warning about the great intelligence

Does this mean she IS the great intelligence but cant remember

Moffat has done his homework!!

"run you clever boy", well we know he is clever and he runs a lot.
    but the "and remember" bit, could this have something to do with the first question? what if the doctor going around erasing himself from every database has an effect on him in a future episode and maybe the doctor forgets who he is and Clara is being used as a means for him to remember, which would tie in nicely with the 50th.

she has said it twice to him already, so it has to have some significance other than the doctor realising in The Snowmen that she is the same person as Oswin in AOTD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Oswin and Oswald were both kings (and Saints) of Northumbria in the 7th century. Oswin became king when Oswald was killed in battle.

Don't you think that's quite a co-incidence?

Maybe Clara is an electron, one theory says they can appear to be in several places at once and appear to be different things (particle or wave).

Maybe its a "Schroedinger's Cat" type of thing, is she alive or dead.

Or maybe I'm just over thinking things :)
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I think the mystery of Clara is either connected to the Tardis itself or to River. My preference would be the former.