Options

Iphone to samsung galaxy note3 should I ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sancheeez wrote: »
    I did.

They (again) mentioned the materials.

They say
    Samsung still insists on making what feel like fairly tacky products to us and it's irritating to see such a compelling device let down by build quality.

Whether you agree or not, they make reference to build quality.

It looks a very nice device, if you are into that sort of thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    Whether you agree or not, they make reference to build quality.

Indeed.

But they're talking crap. What they regard (subjective) as poor quality materials does NOT equate to poor build quality.

For something to be accused of poor build quality, it needs to lead to failures or breakages. Or for there to be noticeable problems like gaps between the case and screen, wobbly buttons, that sort of thing. They simply don't like the materials. If they used it for two years, and nothing broke (which they obviously haven't) then how could the build quality be poor?

If you follow that logic, ANYTHING made of/with plastic is "poor build quality" which clearly isn't true.

They don't like non-metal based phones. Thats all.
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    As others have said, materials aren't the issue, build quality is the important thing and so long as the build quality is up there with the best then there isn't a problem.

However, for me personally I think such large smartphone screens look chavy, bit like owning an OTT size TV in a small house. :eek:
  • Options
    lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My s4 doesnt lag.

I've got my eye on the note 3 though. I may get ond as my Xmas present to myself ....

Haven't noticed any lag on my S4 either. Sister is gonna get her Note 3 tomorrow (ordered online sim free) and I know she's gonna love it. I am a tiny bit envious :p.
  • Options
    satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still haven't d
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still haven't decided, the one I have been playing with is a note1 and that is quick so the note 3 should blow me away, playing with it then going back to my 4s hell that's small !
    The problem that apple has in my opinion is that people are now really tech savy and you watch the apple presentations and think Really. A moving wallpaper, new ring tones, a little bit faster! Really what about a bigger phone, maybe 3D it really dosnt do it any more, then the total bollocks of abolishing the iphone 5 and bringing out the iphone 5C which is an iphone 5 with a plastic back and then talking about the insides of the phone and how strong it is, you can imagine apple doing a presentation soon to bring out a 5C which is let's say aqua marine in colour and talking about it for 60 mins yes it's.,,, Aqua marine yes it's the sane colour as the sea and yes it's aqua marine and it's cheaper at a million dollors !
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    The problem that apple has in my opinion is that people are now really tech savy

Really! If people were tech savy we wouldn't have all these infected computers. I find most folk haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I find exactly the same thing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry this is about mobile phones ?
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy claims the 1080p PenTile screen is not true 1080p!

https://medium.com/what-i-learned-today/9951b9e5c2ee