Apple Air iPad

KlauttuKlauttu Posts: 302
Forum Member
I am interesting in purchasing, off the Internet, the new Apple Air iPad, released this month.(November 2013).

I am a little perplexed at the colours available, having not yet seen one in situ!

Colours available are 'silver and space grey', but all the attached pix show the iPad with a black surround.

Can somone clarify please?

Also, does this latest iPad have a folding cover and back rest, or is this an extra?

It does puzzle me that Apple has dropped apped the colour black.

Comments

• calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The colour refers to the back of the iPad, not the bezel around the screen, which is still black on the space grey one.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klauttu wrote: »
    I am interesting in purchasing, off the Internet, the new Apple Air iPad, released this month.(November 2013).

I am a little perplexed at the colours available, having not yet seen one in situ!

Colours available are 'silver and space grey', but all the attached pix show the iPad with a black surround.

Can somone clarify please?

Also, does this latest iPad have a folding cover and back rest, or is this an extra?

It does puzzle me that Apple has dropped apped the colour black.

Klauttu the space grey ipad has a black front, the silver ipad has a white front. I have an iPad air it is a great device.

The smart case costs £65 extra and it folds over as a stand. I have a red one and like it but it is very expensive for what it is.
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klauttu the space grey ipad has a black front, the silver ipad has a white front. I have an iPad air it is a great device.

The smart case costs £65 extra and it folds over as a stand. I have a red one and like it but it is very expensive for what it is.

I am guessing it's because they've used aniline leather compared to the previous Smart Case.... and I grumbled about £35!
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing it's because they've used aniline leather compared to the previous Smart Case.... and I grumbled about £35![/QUOTE

I know I thought £35 was a lot last year but the real leather case is much better than the pu one for iPad 4. It good the red case donates some money to the aids charity so I am glad I got it.

Did you buy your ipad air Klauttu?