ED: Priya

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
Forum Member
✭✭
If Priya had an eating disorder she would not look just like she stepped out of a model photo shoot, if ED are going to emulate real life issues then at the very least they should make her look extremely thin and her skin would be suffering, she would not be able to do a 5 min run let alone a 5km one, as usual silly plot.

Comments

• spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Priya's appearance is making the story a downright farce.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Maybe she has the same agent as Debbielove, who always looks as if she has spent 4hrs with an expert make-up artist, no matter whether she has her head under a car bonnet, or is in a life threatening situation. Brenda, who looks drained, is not so lucky.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Although the storyline is good and Fiona Wade is doing an excellent job, you do have a point.
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an awful actress and I because of that I have no sympathy for the character. I hope she goes soon.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actress should lose weight for real to make it more realistic.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »

But there's ways they could make her look thinner and more haggard without an already very slim actress losing even more weight.

Source clothes which she's already worn in a size (or two) bigger so it looks like her clothes are starting to fall off her rather than having her walking around in a padded jacket - I get that she's wearing that to hide her weight loss from family/friends but we should see her without it looking thinner. Flatten her hair and stop it looking so glossy and healthy. A proper make up artist could make it appear like her cheekbones are much more defined than they are and other tricks to make her look sallow and drained with a few imperfections on her complexion. Let's face it, she always looks perfect so she probably wouldn't be spending that much longer in the make-up trailer!
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    But there's ways they could make her look thinner and more haggard without an already very slim actress losing even more weight.

Source clothes which she's already worn in a size (or two) bigger so it looks like her clothes are starting to fall off her rather than having her walking around in a padded jacket - I get that she's wearing that to hide her weight loss from family/friends but we should see her without it looking thinner. Flatten her hair and stop it looking so glossy and healthy. A proper make up artist could make it appear like her cheekbones are much more defined than they are and other tricks to make her look sallow and drained with a few imperfections on her complexion. Let's face it, she always looks perfect so she probably wouldn't be spending that much longer in the make-up trailer!

Great post. You've really thought about this. Make up, hair and wardrobe people could make her look ill, with dark rings around her eyes, loose clothes etc as you've said. Instead she looks unrealistically glowing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I skipped lunch today so I understand Priya's predicament only too well.

Come 6pm tonight, I felt like murdering David Metcalfe.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »

They should get Christian Bale in to do it. :D
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marling wrote: »
    She's an awful actress and I because of that I have no sympathy for the character. I hope she goes soon.

There's some really awful actors in Emmerdale and the other soaps but she isn't one of them. She's just a typical soap actress. Rishi and Jai are played by ten times worse actors if you ask me. It's those two who should clear off.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Couldn't she just try some of those Bellevita breakfast biscuits. They are non fattening and provide a healthy and tasty alternative to a traditional fried breakfast. Then, maybe, a Slimfast Shake for lunch which provides all the vitamins and nutrients she would need which would allow her to have, say, a small fish and chip supper with mushy peas and gravy with a litre of Coke for dinner.
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's getting on my tits now, telling everyone she is ok and shouting at Leyla. Uncle Q there will be no murdering David Metcalfe, unless I can give him mouth to mouth resus and CPR !!
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble with this story line for me is she has always been a rather unsympathetic character so when this came up I didn't really care and still don't.

Same with the Val storyline they seem determined to use characters not suited to the stories for some reason.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well people can, and have, hidden their anorexia, bulimia, etc. from friends and families for years so I don't think it that unrealistic that someone doesn't turn into a gaunt skeletal figure with lank hair and bad skin in the space of a few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    She's getting on my tits now, telling everyone she is ok and shouting at Leyla. Uncle Q there will be no murdering David Metcalfe, unless I can give him mouth to mouth resus and CPR !!

Hi RH, it's OK, I'm feeling much better now mate - Jai came over here this morning and made me eat a chocolate digestive biscuit.

:)
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike this character and have since it arrived. I am also sick of this storyline. This & brenda its like chewing tin foil.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    it's hard to have any sympathy for her because she comes across as so unlikeable and self-centred. Never liked the character.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    I really dislike this character and have since it arrived. I am also sick of this storyline. This & brenda its like chewing tin foil.

:o my teeth have just started tingling :D

I am not keen on the character of Priya either or any of her family for that matter so I am finding it difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for this SL.

Off topic but Jai is also driving me potty with all this "my son" business when in fact he pretended not to be the baby's father for so long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That scene last night between Jai & Priya in the Holdgate kitchen was the most badly acted scene in Emmerdale in a very long time. Everything about this story is weak - the acting, writing, the characters involved. Pa Sharma is a lousy actor too.

On a lighter note, that biscuit scene would definitely have ended up on TV Burp.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Well people can, and have, hidden their anorexia, bulimia, etc. from friends and families for years so I don't think it that unrealistic that someone doesn't turn into a gaunt skeletal figure with lank hair and bad skin in the space of a few months.

She's eating nothing though, she's not drastically cutting her calories, they are showing her being unable to even nibble or finish soup or eat a tomato. You can't run 5km daily on nothing for as long as she has.

Also if someone is endangering the life of another like she is with the baby, shouldn't she be sectioned whilst they can atleast put her on a drip.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=puppetangel;7153499 shouldn't she be sectioned whilst they can atleast put her on a drip.[/QUOTE]

She's not getting back with David again is she???
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Couldn't she just try some of those Bellevita breakfast biscuits. They are non fattening and provide a healthy and tasty alternative to a traditional fried breakfast. Then, maybe, a Slimfast Shake for lunch which provides all the vitamins and nutrients she would need which would allow her to have, say, a small fish and chip supper with mushy peas and gravy with a litre of Coke for dinner.

Possibly a barm cake to eat with the chips ?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    She's not getting back with David again is she???

Bahahahaha!!! I think I love you! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, that tomato cup-a-soup that Leyla rustled up looked gross.
    There weren't even any croutons.

It's obvious to me now that Leyla is a complete **** in the kitchen.
    No wonder David & Alicia hate her - all that time on her hands and the best she can come up with is a rancid cup-a-soup that she probably stole from Lidl's, even though her purse was probably flush at the time with all her stripping money.

She's a dreadful woman and no mistake.
    Terrible blabber of other people's personal business too.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    :o my teeth have just started tingling :D

I am not keen on the character of Priya either or any of her family for that matter so I am finding it difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for this SL.

Off topic but Jai is also driving me potty with all this "my son" business when in fact he pretended not to be the baby's father for so long.

I CANT stand Priya and couldn't care less about the story.
    Brenda is doing my head in and Jai's paternal concern is a load of old balls after denying his son for so long.
    Leyla's sneering face is enough to turn the milk sour and David is a complete and utter twonk.

Oh... and Val is a hypocrite.

Rant over.

Get rid of them all !