Marvel's The Avengers (26/04/2012)

1202122232426»

Comments

• shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt like it poor for me very few stand out moments the hulk was good though
  • Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was disappointed too. My expectations were too high, I was hoping it would be more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3bWrFV7eZo
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes I liked when the Hulk hits Iron Man after their fight with Thor.

Oh and especially the bit where the Hulk smashed Loki about the floor like a rag doll.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Avengers" is being re-released in the US for Labor Day weekend. Rumor has it that there's some brand new extra footage that will be shown at the end of the credits.

LINK
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, the US Target exclusive has the doc and commentary. There is also a German steelbook on Amazon.de that looks complete.

the German Steelbook doesnt have the commentary on it, but does have the 90 min doc
    the Target exclusive has it all apparently. not region tested though. just hoping for the best
    I've ordered both - with a view of selling the lesser of the 2.
    have a horrible feeling I will struggle to let the Steelbook version go if the Target BD works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    "The Avengers" is being re-released in the US for Labor Day weekend. Rumor has it that there's some brand new extra footage that will be shown at the end of the credits.

LINK

My money is on the extra footage being a teaser trailer for Iron Man 3. I can't see it being an additional scene for The Avengers itself.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it on DVD which probably isn't the same as watching at the cinema. It wasn't bad but it didn't blow me away. The CGI effects were good and I thought all the actors did a good job. There were some pleasing moments, such as seeing Thor and the Hulk in action together. Quite a team! But there was never any real sense of drama or danger, no shocks, twists, or genre-changing moments. It wasn't a Matrix or a Gladiator, or even an Inception. Maybe it's just not my kind of film, it's more for the action and computer graphics lovers perhaps. (Having said that I really enjoyed Thor, and I thought this fell some way short of that movie).
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why the price of this DVD is skyrocketing?:confused:

I've been waiting for it to come down to £7 (the maximum I'd pay for a DVD) or less, but far from coming down, the price is rocketing upwards.

Tesco & Amazon are selling it for £18 & Sainsburys for £15!

When DVDs first came out, they used to cost that silly money; but I have not seen a DVD with that price for years.

It can't even be down to demand as there are loads of copies at the aforementioned places.

What's happening?:confused:
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Dunno but Blockbuster Marketplace are selling a pre owned copy for £6ish but if you want it new, try Sainsburys for £10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

I've been waiting for it to come down to £7 (the maximum I'd pay for a DVD) or less, but far from coming down, the price is rocketing upwards.

When DVDs first came out, they used to cost that silly money; but I have not seen a DVD with that price for years.

It can't even be down to demand as there are loads of copies at the aforementioned places.

Could it be that Disney are phasing out the old copy, ready to launch a big mega uncut version with commentary and bonus features? Perfectly timed to coincide with Iron Man 3...

Disney do phase their DVDs out from time to time "to keep them fresh for future generations", but I think it's a bit too soon for Avengers to have entered the Disney vault.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon themselves don't have any in stock (today anyway). They're all being sold by other sellers.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's £12 at Tesco: http://www.tesco.com/direct/marvel-avengers-assemble-dvd/482-9105.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=482-9105

And £10 at Sainsbury's: http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/DVD/Robert-Downey-Jr/Avengers-Assemble/product.html?product=E11095126

Both are in stock.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Looks like the online price is less than the in-store price.

Last week, it was £18 in-store in Tesco (Burnage, Manchester); I even asked one of the staff to check the price because I thought it was a gross error, but that was the selling price.

I was also in Sainsburys (Salford) last night & it was £15 in there.