Options

Whenever I hear Jade talking on Eastenders

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All I can think of is Veruca Salt from the classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Comments

• Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to be honest and say I don't know what your post means lol but I know she's a kid, but I found her acting really wooden. The way she pretty much spat her lines out and the way she barked "that's the entire point!" was awful.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I see what you mean, she was quite Veruca-esque. She also seemed very aggressive for a 7 year old. It was kinda hard to tell if that was deliberate or the little girl playing Jade was nervous or something.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I think that's the way she's meant to be.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    They're probably writing her so she has traits of both Dean and Shabnam.
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets just be thankful she remembered her lines and leave it at that!
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems very good, don't get me wrong. AS for her manner, perhaps Jonathan the Foster Dad is not as innocent as he makes out.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I see what you mean, she was quite Veruca-esque. She also seemed very aggressive for a 7 year old. It was kinda hard to tell if that was deliberate or the little girl playing Jade was nervous or something.

Hardly surprising considering the way Jonathan talks to (or should I say at) her.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »

I get the impression she is meant to be a mini Shirley.
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. I hope we see more of her soon.

I find it hard for me to hope it works out well with her and Dean though. I want him to get access to Jade and be a dad. His character is so much better now than his first stint. Is like to see his struggles as a dad and see him on the show for a while. Unfortunately they made him a rapist and knowing that he ain't gonna be successful as karma will ensure he isn't