Bloodborne

YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
Forum Member
Sony has begun issuing registration invites for Bloodborne's alpha test, according to some lucky players who have received an invitation via PSN.

According to the email sent out to some players, this is a small-scale test conducted to gather community feedback and data related to Bloodborne's online experience.

It's not clear what criteria is being used to select alpha testers, but there is speculation that invitations have been issued to those that have earned platinum trophies in any of the Souls games (such as Dark Souls).

Those who didn't receive an email, however, can still enrol to register their interest in Bloodborne alpha access via the PSN website.

linky link

Bloodborne will be released on February 5, 2015.

Comments

• KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the email and did what it said to do so just waiting to see if I actually get the download :)

Oh and I haven't platinumed either game or Demon Souls but I have put lots of hours into all three and am still playing Dark Souls 2.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it any good then? Looks stunning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had an email yet giving me instructions on how to download it. I also haven't had the internet at home for two weeks ecause I've moved house, I get it back tonight and shall look into whats going on with it.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darn it, enrolment is closed now. Thanks for posting though Yuffie.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    No probs.

I didn't get an invite :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded the alpha and just waiting for access tomorrow night :)
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Downloaded the alpha and just waiting for access tomorrow night :)

Would you like a cloth or something so you can rub it in some more? :p

I kid. Be sure to let us know what you think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Blood borne was fun last night. Plays just like Dark Souls except that in your left hand is a gun or you can turn your weapon into a longer two handed weapon.. The gun was really weak and didn't seem worth using (I will be feeding that back to them) but the two handing of weapons worked really well.

The healing system of attacking as soon as you'd been hit worked well and made fights a bit more exciting than circling round shield up and waiting for an opportunity. There will definitely be some good PvP battles with that.

The Victorian style setting looks brilliant, graphically it is really good looking and little touches like getting covered in blood looks really nice. The enemies look awesome and there was quite an array of enemies to fight.

I reached the boss of the area they gave and I would guess it will be early on the game because it reminded of the boss in DS1 that jumps on you while you're at the bridge. The boss was hard and it killed me and I didn't have time to go back to it even with the shortcut I unlocked because the Liverpool game was kicking off (wish I never bothered watching). But its open tomorrow night and Sunday night so I'll try and kill the boss with all four characters they give.

So far it seems like the next step in the Demon / Dark Souls line and I for one will be getting it day one after playing this.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Delayed until 25th March
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Delayed until 25th March

Only a month's delay - so all good!