Amy Pregnant-is the dr the father?

2»

Comments

• sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she IS pregnant. She feels queasy and knows she has to tell the Doctor something but can't figure out what. She's put 2 + 2 together and come up with 5.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very funny, I meant join in with grossing out half the forum (although TBH I'll have trouble grossing out anyone who can sit through the first half of The Eleventh Hour). :D
    You do know you're going to get this thread reported with comments like that? ;)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a great big - NO and then a thread locking are called for
    Absolutely :)

Yes, the Doctor has a daughter who is somewhere but she is definitely not Amy's daughter.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    I don't think she IS pregnant. She feels queasy and knows she has to tell the Doctor something but can't figure out what. She's put 2 + 2 together and come up with 5.

But what about the line in the bathroom with the Silence, when it told her -- to paraphrase -- to tell the Doctor even that which must not be said? Then you get the final scene where Amy's desperately trying to make him listen.

So she suspected she may be pregnant even before the encounter with the Silence and perhaps believes it to be true now because of the Silence's "confirmation", if you will.

Though I am all for threesomes! :D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wow, guys. :eek: If this is going to become a totally disgusting thread anyway, can I join in?:p
    I think Amy thinks she's pregnant but actually she's got something alien growing inside her, making her do things and she's going to die later. The Doctor tries to take it out for her, but she apparently dies from the operation. A bit later, Rory's saying goodbye to her and she wakes up, hits him on the head with something, ties him up and puts him alive in a freezer. (Or maybe somewhere else.)
    Then she does something to the TARDIS to make the rooms change to what she wants. She manages to push the Doctor down a staircase made of barbed wire and razor blades, but he's still alive. He's got something that he can put on his injuries to make them heal, so he covers himself in it, then realises Amy's swapped it for salt and lemon juice, and he's rolling around screaming. Then he jumps in the swimming pool but it's full of ice, nearly frozen and he can't get out so he's about to freeze to death. That could be the cliffhanger. ;)

Don't you find the real DW a bit tame? :D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you find the real DW a bit tame? :D
    Very funny :rolleyes: :D:D
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    But what about the line in the bathroom with the Silence, when it told her -- to paraphrase -- to tell the Doctor even that which must not be said? Then you get the final scene where Amy's desperately trying to make him listen.

My immediate thought in that scene was that they needed to tell him that they knew his future. Although it did seem a bit ambiguous.
    What I found odd was that when the silent said that, you almost felt as if you should trust it, however they are the doctors enemy so why would Amy obey it anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Would Amy really be drinking wine if she was pregnant?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One glass of wine wouldn't hurt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    alwatson wrote: »
    One glass of wine wouldn't hurt.

Maybe not but is that the image that the BBC would want for a character who is a role model for many children?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Zeg wrote: »
    Would Amy really be drinking wine if she was pregnant?

Moffat was asked that on Twitter. He said it was because she's Scottish :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Should have been whisky then! With a deep fried mars bar!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me how people refute things said in the episode. Why would she lie? She's not thick- she wouldn't just think: "Oh, I feel sick, I must be pregnant." Presumably, in the more than 2 months she's been away from the doctor, she's taken a pregnancy test. Which was positive.
    Forum Member
    The problem is that in a show like this so much can be faked. Easy enough for her to have had the idea implanted into her head that she's pregnant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or she might actually be pregnant and everyone being a pessimist.
    Forum Member
    alwatson wrote: »
    Or she might actually be pregnant and everyone being a pessimist.

Not sure it is pessimism on our parts, more that we're worried how a pregnancy is going to play out in the series.
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Having once been in a relationship were I went from Boyfriend to a very good family friend and she ended up with another guy (very happily with child) I ended up in an "Uncle" position to the little one. So could it be that Doctor Who, becomes "Uncle" Who. I mean, he was a "Grandfather" to "Susan"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Amy didn't know she was pregnant at the start of the episode as she is seen happily drinking wine ( River on the other hand smells hers but doesn't drink any)

Either she became pregnant between the point on the beach and the point where she announces she is pregnant or the Silence have made her believe she is pregnant.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Amy didn't know she was pregnant at the start of the episode as she is seen happily drinking wine ( River on the other hand smells hers but doesn't drink any)

Either she became pregnant between the point on the beach and the point where she announces she is pregnant or the Silence have made her believe she is pregnant.

As posted not too far upthread, SM was asked why she was drinking wine whilst pregnant, and he replied: 'Because she's Scottish!'

Which implies she knows about it already.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Spence1115 wrote: »
    Moffat was asked that on Twitter. He said it was because she's Scottish :D

:o Tut tut :D Hope it wasn't buckie :D She'll be tucking into deep fried mars bars next.

It was a strange thing to throw into that episode though Amy announcing she was pregnant..I will have to re watch it tonight. Took me a while to get into that episode last week.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only just remembered that Amy had something to tell the Doctor in the comic relief sketch. If it was the pregnancy that she wanted to tell him about, either she was pregnant before the silence (so actually pregnant) or the silence had already gotten to her :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I've only just remembered that Amy had something to tell the Doctor in the comic relief sketch. If it was the pregnancy that she wanted to tell him about, either she was pregnant before the silence (so actually pregnant) or the silence had already gotten to her :eek:

Oh yeah! Didn't Moffat say at the time as well that the 'something' she had to talk to him about would tie into the main series? Intriguing...

edit: When someone asked him about what she was going to say on Twitter he replied “That WILL come back. But not for a while. Oh, how ANNOYING!!”
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Its on BBC1, at 6pm, holding hands & snogging is about as much sex as it will have...
    sorry if this is misleading, i was reading other articles and got carried away writing my own forum entry.