Options

Amy seeing the Daleks as people in formal wear...

summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
Forum Member
reminded me of Labyrinth when Sarah eats a poisoned peach and imagines she is in a ballroom full of people dancing in fancy dress (when they were probably all goblins!)

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I instantly thought the young redhead girl dancing was the daughter of the redhead lady who became a Dalek puppet. Guess I was wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I instantly thought the young redhead girl dancing was the daughter of the redhead lady who became a Dalek puppet. Guess I was wrong.

I thought it was going to be young Amelia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered if the Daleks could see each other as the humans they originally were?
  • Options
    fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    i thought it was Karen on a night out in Glasgow after some ekis
  • Options
    ShhhSilenceShhhSilence Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    I think you see the best approximation to what Dalek tech thinks you should see, as the tiny robot thingies are turning you into a Dalek from within. Obviously Amy is into a weird black and white circus! (as she is insane)
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    It was foreshadowing of Oswin's self-created fantasy - that affected minds create their own delusion to cope with what's happened to them.

Oswin retreated into a tiny mental room where she could protect her humanity from what was happening, and Amy saw the Daleks as people just like her.
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    reminded me of The Shining
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »

Yes, it was a bit like that too, especially the greepy guy.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

That was my immediate thought too!

I wondered for a moment if they were other survivors, playing out their macabre robomen lives. But only for a moment.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone catch the tribute to Terry Nation with the dervishing Dalek 'dancer'? That image was his original inspiration for the look of the Daleks.

The corridors with their triangular portals were also inspied by the original Daleks serial.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Call me crazy, but this episode brought me too many links with Half Life/Portal universe - Oswin baking (not really) a cake - pretty much just like in this fan-made Portal clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NorZUFfpvC0 Then, Oswin talking to Doctor, Rory and Amy through Dalek-style cameras, but what does GlaDOS use to monitor us? Yeah, an array of cameras. Daleks all over the place, waking up when you walk in on them and ready to kill (oh, EXTERMINATE) you? Ever seen an Aperture science turret? Oh, and GlaDOS itself was a mind of a woman trapped inside of a all-powerful computer - pretty much like Oswin is trapped inside of a Dalek able to control the whole Asylum. And that man Amy saw - well, shadowy figure you can never reach - G-man anyone?
    I'm not for a moment saying that the episode was bad or smth like that, but those crossovers were really obvious. For me, at least :)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too.:)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that The Shining was the inspiration for the story.
    In that in The Shining it's about a guy living in an isolated place who ends up going mad and hallucinating a reality.
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Me too.:)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that The Shining was the inspiration for the story.
    In that in The Shining it's about a guy living in an isolated place who ends up going mad and hallucinating a reality.

The God Complex was very shining-esque too