Humax PVR 9200T Software Problem?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
The product has had problems since new:
(1) Records unwanted programs at random.
(2) When deleting these programs the subject material is removed but not the titles. On a second deletion attempt the titles are removed but then return at the next switch on. Only way to permanently delete is to re-format the disc.

Looks like an embedded software problem.
Only have 5 days in which to return the product (28 Day period) Anyone any ideas please?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard of the problem with ghost recordings before but not the recording of programmes without user intervention and sound bizzar. Sorry but I think you need to return the unit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply I regret that I have come to the same conclusion. A replacement unit may have or develop similar
    symptoms.
    Reading the forum on the 9200T does not exactly engender a great deal of confidence.
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sonic65 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply I regret that I have come to the same conclusion. A replacement unit may have or develop similar
    symptoms.
    Reading the forum on the 9200T does not exactly engender a great deal of confidence.

It's a great machine.....you must have just got a bad one.
    Check out the forums of the other PVR's and you will find similar stories for them.
    It's fairly new technology so there are bound to be a few niggles and bugs although yours sounds rather more serious. Return it and get another one...I am sure you wont be dissapointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weetibix wrote:
    It's fairly new technology so there are bound to be a few niggles and bugs.

lol are you joking? sky+ is the same how long has that been about 5 years? no problems with that from the off. and pvrs have been around in the u.s for years.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol are you joking? sky+ is the same how long has that been about 5 years? no problems with that from the off. and pvrs have been around in the u.s for years.

No probs with Sky+ from the off..........your joking....... nearly 5 Years down the line and people still have issues with it.....just glance over the Sky+ forum.........and yes I do speak from experience, had Sky+ installed in 2001, added another on multiroom in 2002, decided in Feb this Year to drop Sky altogether mainly because of the reliability of my Humax PVR, and backup Toppy amongst others.

I do not doubt some are having problems with the Humax, but the one I have, bought on the first Day they were available, has, and hopefully will, continue to serve me well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Come on - there are plenty of people who have problems with Sky+. First time I ever had it demoed in a shop it froze up when the sales assistant tried to demonstrate the rewind feature during a test match.

I personally don't have any problems with my 9200 - but I don't assume that everyone with problems is talking nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Might be a bit of along shot but have you tried restoring to factory default settings, this may help.
  • Barry.WilliamsBarry.Williams Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sonic65 wrote:
    symptoms.

Hardware wise Humax are great. Software wise they are crap and seem to lack the software expertize to fix the problems.

Humax is probably the best hardware on the market but without good software their machines are crap. They seem in no great hurry to address the problems neith. As you say there is little to inspire confidence that they will fix the problems.