Crackle coming to Sony smart tv's

cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Word on the street is that Crackle will be appearing before the end of the week and backported to all models. Happy days. some good films on it.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    If its anything like the iPhone app then I don't hold out much hope as the films are pretty poor at the moment, ads every 10 mins during films, majority of TV shows are minisodes.
    I think at the moment Netflix has everything I need.
    Still, I suppose it's better than nothing at all.
  • SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cuttysark wrote: »
    Word on the street is that Crackle will be appearing before the end of the week and backported to all models. Happy days. some good films on it.

Would the "word on the street" be the Facebook page that I am the admin on. Lol. It's confirmed.
  • packagespackages Posts: 2,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crackle now on all Bravia Internet TV's. Refresh Internet Content to get it!
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    packages wrote: »
    Crackle now on all Bravia Internet TV's. Refresh Internet Content to get it!

Not on my KDL40CX523 and it says there are no updates
    Forum Member
    Just had a peek on my BDP-S370 and my god there's some poop on there :D
    Lol WTF is Mommy XXX?
  • packagespackages Posts: 2,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Not on my KDL40CX523 and it says there are no updates

You need to go to network settings to refresh internet content, not search for firmware updates.
    Forum Member
    Top Tip guys :)
    If you use unblock-us DNS then the US content is so much better than ours as they have loads more movies and TV shows.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just had a look myself actually. some reasonable bottom-shelf dvd stuff there - good for a few freebies i guess.

might try unblock-us later on, see what's what ..
    Forum Member
    In case your interested here's a couple of pics showing the difference between UK and US movie content. In terms of numbers US content wins hands down.

UK Movies
    US Movies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reeaaalllyyy tiny :)

although i can make out ghostbusters 1 & 2 and desperado. with films that old available on the US version, makes you wonder if they'll appear on the UK version sooner or later ?
    Forum Member
    reeaaalllyyy tiny :)

although i can make out ghostbusters 1 & 2 and desperado. with films that old available on the US version, makes you wonder if they'll appear on the UK version sooner or later ?

Yeah sorry it's not the best picture, but I was trying to make it so you could see the numbers at the bottom.
    If you couldn't make out the numbers on the bottom right, they were showing 36 titles for UK and 194 titles for US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    .. they were showing 36 titles for UK and 194 titles for US.

aha, that makes sense now.

that's a good selection for a free movie channel, especially if they're going to be regularly adding stuff.
    Forum Member
    aha, that makes sense now.

that's a good selection for a free movie channel, especially if they're going to be regularly adding stuff.

Yeah I agree it's pretty good for something you get for free, but there is one thing thats quite annoying.
    The adverts that come up during some films are not seamless and unskippable so what happens is when its time for an ad the film stops then loads and buffers the ad, then when the ads finished it stops then loads and buffers the next part of the film.
    With some films this can happen about 9 or 10 times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree it's pretty good for something you get for free, but there is one thing thats quite annoying.
    The adverts that come up during some films are not seamless and unskippable so what happens is when its time for an ad the film stops then loads and buffers the ad, then when the ads finished it stops then loads and buffers the next part of the film.
    With some films this can happen about 9 or 10 times.

Really ?. I didn't know that. I've only just got my BluRay player back and updated it to see Crackle, I hadn't actually tried any films.

Still, I guess if you're absolutely stuck for something to watch then you'd probably stomach it. Can't see me watching a ton of stuff on it anyway, so it might be bearable.
    Forum Member
    Really ?. I didn't know that. I've only just got my BluRay player back and updated it to see Crackle, I hadn't actually tried any films.

Still, I guess if you're absolutely stuck for something to watch then you'd probably stomach it. Can't see me watching a ton of stuff on it anyway, so it might be bearable.
    From what I've seen so far with just having a flick through to see whats what, some films, especially the more well known ones there's roughly a 30 second advert every 10-15 mins so the longer the film the more ads you get, there are some that don't have any adverts at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen so far with just having a flick through to see whats what, some films, especially the more well known ones there's roughly a 30 second advert every 10-15 mins so the longer the film the more ads you get, there are some that don't have any adverts at all.

God, if it's every 10 minutes I might not even bother !!
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I now got the servive via my 14 month old Sony blu ray player. Any ideas if they will in time give you more of a movie choice and how offen they add films to the service.
    Also can you sign into the service via the blu ray player like you can do on there website.
    My friend from the USA has this box.
    http://www.amazon.com/Roku-XS-1080p-Streaming-Player/dp/B005CLPP84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335821566&sr=8-1 and says its good and comes with the Crackle service. I see theres also a UK version of the box.
    Any views on it.

Darren