Ridiculous Daily Mail false outrage over Channel Four show

Comments

• YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Yes, Jimmy's laugh was the only thing that got on my nerves a bit :D

I love his laugh! It is a bit put on but its like a catchphrase now and it is recognisable !
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,273
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    I honestly had no idea who the Richard guy was I think he was a bit of a handful for her!!

She didn't quite know how to take him at times, did she? :D Different type of humour I suppose with the mix of panellists on the show :)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,273
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    I love his laugh! It is a bit put on but its like a catchphrase now and it is recognisable !

It got on my nerves a bit that night, maybe in a half hour show it wouldn't bug me quite as much :D What if you were trapped in a cell for a month with it on a loop, would you still love it? :D:D Or would it begin to grate, do you think? :p
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    It got on my nerves a bit that night, maybe in a half hour show it wouldn't bug me quite as much :D What if you were trapped in a cell for a month with it on a loop, would you still love it? :D:D Or would it begin to grate, do you think? :p

Oh now that is a good question!! I do love Jimmy Carr but I Have a slight hangover today and don't think I could listen to it too much today!!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the show, but when I saw that those alleged comedians Russell Howard, Jonathan Ross, Jimmy Carr, and James Corden, were on it, I'm glad that I missed it.:rolleyes:
  • Everlong GirlEverlong Girl Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it and I enjoyed it, clearly that means I have no intelligence for liking such childish and purile humour (oh well never mind :D:p). Most of them on the show are comedians and they were on a show where the topics were all about stories or figures in the public eye, it's not like they could sit there and talk about their families and what not - that isn't the objective of the show.

I did like in the article how the woman said that the children could watch the show on their iphones or ipads - why have children got such expensive phones and tablets anyway?? Do they really need them???

People will just start jumping on the bandwagon and complaining about the show despite not having even seen it. It always happens.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Yes, the Mail overreacts as usual, but C4 has sadly become the worst influence on comedians because it gives them absolutely nothing to push against. They're over-indulged before they've achieved anything and they coast through shows designed for audiences who have drunk too much.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..I did like in the article how the woman said that the children could watch the show on their iphones or ipads - why have children got such expensive phones and tablets anyway?? Do they really need them???

Mary Whitehouse used home videos to put forward the same arguement - that basically all broadcast material must be suitable for kiddies and hence nothing 'adult' should be made at all.
    The Wail article is one of their most blantant 'trolling' articles I've seen - still, its got thousands of reader replies, so I suppose its done its job, though its so OTT I suspect the Wail is actually doing itself damage - if I really want to read a parody I'll go to the Daily Mash :)
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Coudn't agree more.

I couldn't help the irony of the Daily Heil reprinting what was said 'to let readers make up their own minds' ... Yeah, right. :rolleyes: To try and turn this into Sachsgate 2 and restoke the Heil's longstanding battle with C4, more like.

And coming from the newspaper that supported Hitler and Mussolini ...

Yawn, that old chestnut again. It was 80 years ago, move on, get over it.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Mary Whitehouse used home videos to put forward the same arguement - that basically all broadcast material must be suitable for kiddies and hence nothing 'adult' should be made at all.
    The Wail article is one of their most blantant 'trolling' articles I've seen - still, its got thousands of reader replies, so I suppose its done its job, though its so OTT I suspect the Wail is actually doing itself damage - if I really want to read a parody I'll go to the Daily Mash :)

Thousands of replies, so probably hundreds of thousands of views. All those clicks = money, so the article has done its job and more.

I refuse to click any link to this terrible site any more. 99% of the time the articles are pure click bait and have no news or journalistic value.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'll be telling us to forgive the Germans next!
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I may have missed the email, which particular Germans are "we" not supposed to "forgive" from 80 years ago?
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why single out the Mail here when the same story is on page 3 of the Sun?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why single out the Mail here when the same story is on page 3 of the Sun?

Because Sun rhymes with Fun, not Wail, Fail and Heil.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that I was offended by was that Whitehall and Corden were so smug, arrogant, and unfunny.
    I could take a crowbar to those two sometimes ... :mad:
    (Whitehall = "King of Comedy"? ... MY *RSE!!).
    Apart from those two, bit of a fan of Carr, Howard, and Ayoade. Warming to Logan as well ... especially when I saw her at a live TV recording where she displayed quite a "lively" and mucky sense of humour! :eek:

It's another non-story by two hypocritical publications scrabbling for "news"...
    Ignore them and they'll move on to Celebrity Big Brother or something ... :yawn:
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

Yeah we should be more forgiving like those nice folks at the Daily Mail:rolleyes:
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is nothing else happening in the world that this tat has to dominate the front page?
    If I phone in with 5 different accents and complain about something on telly tonight what are the odds on me making the headlines tomorrow?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    5 complaints.

Ah, but what will happen now of course that the entire Daily Fail readership will phone up on the back of the newspaper reports to complain about a programme they didn't even watch, and then the Fail will report "thousands" of complaints from offended viewers.

Watch this space.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Yes, the Mail overreacts as usual, but C4 has sadly become the worst influence on comedians because it gives them absolutely nothing to push against. They're over-indulged before they've achieved anything and they coast through shows designed for audiences who have drunk too much.

I agree. I hardly think of them are offensive.
    But they all seem to have an old boys school network feel to them where they act as though they're all irreverent and rebellious, but are really just establishment.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFI wrote: »
    Ah, but what will happen now of course that the entire Daily Fail readership will phone up on the back of the newspaper reports to complain about a programme they didn't even watch, and then the Fail will report "thousands" of complaints from offended viewers.

Watch this space.

Reminds me of my batty old mum, when I offered her some pizza she said "No, I hate it, it's awful muck" when I asked her why she didn't like she said she hadn't ever tried it but hated it anyway.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is stupid, watched it today and I didn't think once that it was over the top, pretty standard really, the way the Mail article is written is like this program will end civilization as we know it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think its funny one of the jokes they seem most upset about is one where the punchline is in the audiences head (the white joke about the queen.)
    its clear what he means but since they bring kids into it, i feel it might go over there heads.

also how people are using this thread to take shots at the comedians as they dont like them, its missing the point.
    Ridiculous Digital Spy forum member false outrage at Daily Mail.

its the same thing really, its not like the Mail has decided to stick this non story on there front page to try and stop people enjoying a bit of silly humour.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, I didn't find the programme funny or offensive. I would have enjoyed it more if it had have been one or the other, preferably both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what those 5 people were expecting when they put the programme on? It's had a few airings now and I'm sure most people know what the people taking part are like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the Daily Fail will rope the BBC into it somehow, what with Gabby Logan on the show.

And if they really ARE taking comments from DS forums then take the following:

Daily Fail, you are a pathetic excuse for a publication!

:D

They have already roped in the BBC, by bringing up 'Sachsgate', and how that was somehow to blame for all this.