Ridiculous Daily Mail false outrage over Channel Four show

13»

Comments

• pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to disagree, but from what I read in the Mail (flicked thro while in Tesco's) I find this stuff unacceptable.
    Only read the article because I initially thought it was referring to the Alan Carr New Years eve show which unfortunately was switched on for the last 10 mins in our house. Alan Carr "I'm hammered" in funny costume, followed by a food fight. Should be on BBC Ceebies, minus the bad language.
    But mostly the same people in both programs, those who get laughs by talking about semen and taking it up the **s*. This is just a very cheap way of getting laughs from juvenile adults.
    Try someone like Stuart Lee, very clever humour and hardly a swear word, it is possible to raise above the course stuff and still be funny.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    This is a paper which today features 'Victoria Beckham Tries Out Flat Shoes' as its 17th most read 'story' of 2012. True.

Theres been enough Big Fat Quizzes now for people to know it is a bit crude in places, its not a family show, its hosted by Jimmy Carr FFS its NOT for kids!
  • pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Theres been enough Big Fat Quizzes now for people to know it is a bit crude in places, its not a family show, its hosted by Jimmy Carr FFS its NOT for kids!

Sorry, but IMO it is for kids, the adult variety who still find toilet humour hilarious while approaching middle age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    The Sun also reported on this and i found it hilarious. They had like a handful of complaints yet thought this was newsworthy! I didnt see that show but the sun was making a big deal about Jack Whitehalls joke about the queen and wouldnt even print it as they "found it too coarse for a family newspaper" (which is so ironic i could cry) but when i found out what they actual joke was i actually thought i had read the wrong article cos the joke was pretty tame :confused: . If he had said that about any old celebrity no one would bat an eyelid but because it was the queen it was too far. He didnt use any crude words, he merely hinted at the idea and it makes national news. Hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mail has now ditched the article because of a backlash on Twitter. You can still find it but it is no longer linked from the front page. Everyone on Twitter were saying that the Mail was being stupid, stirring up something that didn't exist. They also pointed out that while the Mail was complaining about the jokes being shown after the watershed, it printed them all itself. It was a bit silly.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My pal read out the DM article to me, with suitable schoolmarm tone & I was pissing myself laughing!!

Compared to a lot on TV Big Fat Quiz is small fry.

I honestly believe the Daily Mail will just about write ANYTHING to get those Internet hits!:rolleyes:
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. :( I see an empty bandwagon screeching away into the distance.

Maybe they could have had a picture of a family hugging their children and looking upset or something?
  • RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually love the show, but didn't find it as good this year due to the lack of joking about! It didn't have the calibre of previous guests.

Certainly nothing to complain about to be honest though, Isn't the watershed set all year round regardless of school holidays?
  • andydipandydip Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    The Mail has now ditched the article because of a backlash on Twitter. You can still find it but it is no longer linked from the front page. Everyone on Twitter were saying that the Mail was being stupid, stirring up something that didn't exist. They also pointed out that while the Mail was complaining about the jokes being shown after the watershed, it printed them all itself. It was a bit silly.

They have published this non-story again today in the paper on page 9, even including quotes from angry mail readers. They decided not to mention that the majority of quotes from the mail online were ridiculing the paper!
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andydip wrote: »
    They have published this non-story again today in the paper on page 9, even including quotes from angry mail readers. They decided not to mention that the majority of quotes from the mail online were ridiculing the paper!

I did read a bit of it about an MP who didn't watch it but feels so outraged that he is going to make a complaint about it.